PDA

View Full Version : Jordan just said Lebron would be average if he played in his era

94beastmode
02-24-2015, 10:16 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/21709581/michael-jordan-says-lebron-would-not-be-as-successful-in-his-era

lol lebum

KCBadBoy
02-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Easy to say when you're 100.

dawktwenty
02-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Michael Jordan says LeBron would not be as successful in his era
By Matt Moore | NBA writer
February 15, 2013 12:15 pm ET

JUST said?

cashinout
02-24-2015, 10:22 AM
yes im sure he's just so eager to praise the guy that is on pace to take his entire legacy away

lmfao, lebron haters can't grasp anything, its sad

WafflesBrah
02-24-2015, 10:23 AM
yes im sure he's just so eager to praise the guy that is on pace to take his entire legacy away

just lol if you think LeBron can even touch Jordans legacy.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 10:24 AM

delusional chit right here.

flexnation
02-24-2015, 10:26 AM

lmfao, lebron haters can't grasp anything, its sadBack in my day, trolling used to mean something.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 10:30 AM
just lol if you think LeBron can even touch Jordans legacy.

delusional chit right here.

Back in my day, trolling used to mean something.

anyone who isn't a complete homer already knows lebron has skills > jordan

just needs a few more rings to satisfy the retards of the world

NYPat
02-24-2015, 10:30 AM

Too much truth.

94beastmode
02-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Too much truth.

How? Lebron is 30 years old and has only two rings. He has also choked in the finals multiple times. He also quits on his teams

02-24-2015, 10:36 AM
How? Lebron is 30 years old and has only two rings. He has also choked in the finals multiple times. He also quits on his teams

Don't feed the trolls

NYPat
02-24-2015, 10:36 AM

And yet at his age he has accomplished more than Jordan. Couple more rings and it's not even debatable.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 10:37 AM

how is jordan better than bill russell?

BrawnySwoleman
02-24-2015, 10:38 AM
The link doesn't even go to an article.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 10:40 AM

at first i sincerely thought you believed in what you say.

now i know for sure that you don't believe that.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 10:45 AM
at first i sincerely thought you believed in what you say.

now i know for sure that you don't believe that.

says the guy who thinks missing more shots makes you a great player

antiwhitekn1ght
02-24-2015, 10:48 AM

keep nuthugging you delusional dumbass

antiwhitekn1ght
02-24-2015, 10:49 AM

HHHAHAHAHAHHAHA LEBRON's skills > than Jordan's

LMFAO

brb chit post game, brb average midrange, brb crys at any hint of contact....he would be destroyed in the era of handchecking

cashinout
02-24-2015, 10:52 AM
HHHAHAHAHAHHAHA LEBRON's skills > than Jordan's

LMFAO

brb chit post game, brb average midrange, brb crys at any hint of contact....he would be destroyed in the era of handchecking

yea a 6'8 265lb guy that's quicker than 95% of the league's PGs would have so much trouble in the handchecking era

do you even think before posting?

WafflesBrah
02-24-2015, 10:52 AM

I'm not a homer, just telling you how it is. When do you think LeBron will win more rings brah? West keeps getting more and more stacked as the years progress. I'm sure Kyrie " no playoff experience" Irving and Kevin Love will show up and outperform everyone once playoff time comes.
TyYU18ZBo7o

cashinout
02-24-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm not a homer, just telling you how it is. When do you think LeBron will win more rings brah? West keeps getting more and more stacked as the years progress. I'm sure Kyrie " no playoff experience" Irving and Kevin Love will show up and outperform everyone once playoff time comes.
TyYU18ZBo7o

im sure Mr. "drop 55 as a 22yr old" irving, will be fine in the playoffs

WafflesBrah
02-24-2015, 10:55 AM
im sure Mr. "drop 55 as a 22yr old" irving, will be fine in the playoffs
Just like James regular season star Harden was right?

1800_Cool_Guy
02-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Lol @ MJ living salty and scared. Nothing is going to stop Lebron.

Your Dad
02-24-2015, 10:57 AM
He also said Kobe was probably a top 10 SG of all time.

He also drafted Kwame Brown.

Point is, he's the GOAT but he's terrible at judging talent. This means nothing.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 10:58 AM
says the guy who thinks missing more shots makes you a great player

Last time i checked, I proved how kobe is arguably the greatest player, and no one was able to refute ANY of my points in that thread.

You will forever rely on topic changing posts to deflect and will try to prove everyone that you are serious in what you post.

nikonD70s
02-24-2015, 11:00 AM
it makes sense, MJ's era was focused more on defense. and was more phsyical, there wasnt no touch fouls and flopping. u look at todays era and its pretty soft. players flopping when touched. rarely defense is played. more run and gun kinda style. and back then teams were more even out with stars. and talents were spread out pretty good. kobe missed a lot of shot. but he played in a much tougher era. and era where every player he played against wanted to stop kobe...players called themselve kobe stopper. so good defenders had to try to injure u to get u outta the game. lets face it, the last good era was kobe's era. from here on out its only going to get softer and will see less talent and defense. lebron plays in a pussy era. he would be someones bitch in mj's era.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 11:01 AM

He also drafted Kwame Brown.

Point is, he's the GOAT but he's terrible at judging talent. This means nothing.

He only said that about kobe to push him to grab the 2 rings.

You have a hard time understanding when someone is serious or not.

Talent scouting is what he horrible at, not assessing what a player is.

YWOC
02-24-2015, 11:03 AM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/640/962/d91.gif

Lebrony trolls aren't even trying anymore

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Just like James regular season star Harden was right?

well Lebron James Harden doesn't have Lebron James to fall back on and mentor him either

it makes sense, MJ's era was focused more on defense. and was more phsyical, there wasnt no touch fouls and flopping. u look at todays era and its pretty soft. players flopping when touched. rarely defense is played. more run and gun kinda style. and back then teams were more even out with stars. and talents were spread out pretty good. kobe missed a lot of shot. but he played in a much tougher era. and era where every player he played against wanted to stop kobe...players called themselve kobe stopper. so good defenders had to try to injure u to get u outta the game. lets face it, the last good era was kobe's era. from here on out its only going to get softer and will see less talent and defense. lebron plays in a pussy era. he would be someones bitch in mj's era.

yea talent was so spread out that MJ had 3 other hall of famers on his team at one point lol

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Last time i checked, I proved how kobe is arguably the greatest player, and no one was able to refute ANY of my points in that thread.

You will forever rely on topic changing posts to deflect and will try to prove everyone that you are serious in what you post.

the only thing you proved is that you don't actually watch basketball

jimmyjabbar
02-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Legit lol when people think basketball players arent better now. Players are bigger, stronger, faster (on average), much...much...much more skilled with a global talent pool that dwarfs what the NBA had in the 80's.

Old azzholes living in the past...smh, dude probably says he used to walk to school during blizzards..6 feet of snow...uphill, both ways

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Legit lol when people think basketball players arent better now. Players are bigger, stronger, faster (on average), much...much...much more skilled with a global talent pool that dwarfs what the NBA had in the 80's.

Old azzholes living in the past...smh, dude probably says he used to walk to school during blizzards..6 feet of snow...uphill, both ways

its a well known fact that every court jordan played on was frozen solid to make it more difficult and he was injected with the AIDS virus before every game because it mixed well with his killer blood

they also never let him sleep, ever

antiwhitekn1ght
02-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Lol @ MJ living salty and scared. Nothing is going to stop Lebron.

except a real team in the Finals LMAO

you guys have the memory of a goldfish

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:18 AM
do you not see how many times hes crying for fouls when he trys to run through the paint and a finger is laid on him?

guy does not like physical contact whatsoever.

Remember when he tried to bully poverty Boozer and couldnt even move him? LMAO

kill yourself.

jordan never complained to a ref ever

o wait

vNt5jCwA9bs

inb4 "killer instinct"

Carpig
02-24-2015, 11:18 AM

How would you show that? Every tangible measurement shows that Kobe falls short of the true greats like Magic, Bird, Jordan, West, Kareem, LeBron, etc.

As far as the thread is concerned, LeBron's size and skillset would allow him to compete at the highest level in any era. He is essentially an athletic Bird/Magic hybrid.

Your Dad
02-24-2015, 11:19 AM
He only said that about kobe to push him to grab the 2 rings.

You have a hard time understanding when someone is serious or not.

Talent scouting is what he horrible at, not assessing what a player is.

IDK about that.

You're essentially dismissing the assessment on what he says about Kobe because you think he's trying to light a spark under him but at the same token you think its accurate what he says about Lebron.

Lebrons a top 10 player of all time already, he'll probably end up in the 2-4 range depending on the later years of his career. Im sure he doesn't need any validation from Jordan.

antiwhitekn1ght
02-24-2015, 11:20 AM

o wait

vnt5jcwa9bs

inb4 "killer instinct"

lebron cries and flops every single game....

Please look up the video of him throwing gatorade into the stands behind him because he was so butt frustrated at a non call

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:21 AM

Please look up the video of him throwing gatorade into the stands behind him because he was so butt frustrated at a non call

SO DID JORDAN lmfao

dude you can't claim that jordan was competitive as fuk while in the same breath say that he never complained about fouls

that's just contradictory as fuk

jimmyjabbar
02-24-2015, 11:24 AM

Thats called being competitive. You know who else whines about calls? CP3/Westbrook/Kobe...etc, some of the most competitive players complain to the refs all game long to try and give themselves an edge. Even Duncan, considered by almost everybody a consummate professional, is constantly whining to the refs.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 11:28 AM
IDK about that.

You're essentially dismissing the assessment on what he says about Kobe because you think he's trying to light a spark under him but at the same token you think its accurate what he says about Lebron.

Lebrons a top 10 player of all time already, he'll probably end up in the 2-4 range depending on the later years of his career. Im sure he doesn't need any validation from Jordan.

so then what does that say when Jordan also says that Kobe is the only one comparable to himself?

this isn't rocket science.

all time greats care about rings

not mvps

not scoring titles

they all play for rings

phil jackson dissed kobe countless times in his books to influence kobe the way he wanted to

brezlad
02-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Its a stupid comparison when you talk about someone from era A playing in era B.

Players in todays league adapted to the league. If I drive, get minimal contact and make it known that it happens. Straight to the line.
Back then players wouldn't do that or flop because they get no advantage doing it. Not that I'm defending flopping. The only reason guys like Lebron and Dwight are perceived as soft is because the rules are soft. Take the rules out and i'm sure 90% of the guys that are deemed soft will suddenly stop being soft.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 11:30 AM
How would you show that? Every tangible measurement shows that Kobe falls short of the true greats like Magic, Bird, Jordan, West, Kareem, LeBron, etc.

As far as the thread is concerned, LeBron's size and skillset would allow him to compete at the highest level in any era. He is essentially an athletic Bird/Magic hybrid.

im not about to start arguing about that in this thread and derail it.

if you want to go refute my points go to the thread where i made all my points and do it there.

lebron's size is something you can argue about

skill set is nowhere near anything you think it is.

if it was, he would be some sort of super human player winning 7-8 rings by now.

waytoodeep03
02-24-2015, 11:32 AM

Yea like he said Kobe was the best in the league.

Guess what kobe just passed him in points.

Lebron couldnt sniff Jordans jock.

brb 2 titles out of 5 appearances LOL.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:35 AM
im not about to start arguing about that in this thread and derail it.

if you want to go refute my points go to the thread where i made all my points and do it there.

lebron's size is something you can argue about

skill set is nowhere near anything you think it is.

if it was, he would be some sort of super human player winning 7-8 rings by now.

the true tell of someone who doesn't actually watch basketball is when they think one player can and should win championships single-handedly

you're just an awful poster

Your Dad
02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
so then what does that say when Jordan also says that Kobe is the only one comparable to himself?

this isn't rocket science.

all time greats care about rings

not mvps

not scoring titles

they all play for rings

phil jackson dissed kobe countless times in his books to influence kobe the way he wanted to

Lol, it says that Kobe has taken a lot of his moves thus being comparable.

Kobes the 2nd best SG of all time, I'd actually pay to see Kobe play over Lebron because Kobe's game is more aesthetic than Lebrons. LeBron is very mechanical in his dribble and style of play but its efficient; Lebron is a career 27-7-7 guy on close to 50% shooting with 4 MVPs and has been the best player in the league year after year while Kobe has only consistently been a top 5 player in his prime year after year (some of those years he was the best, some of them he was top 3).

Kobe's a winner but at the same time you can't knock Lebron for his lack of rings, 2 out of 3 of his finals losses were out of his hands (07 Cavs when he was running with nobodies and 2014 Heat when his teammates slowed down). Winning is a team effort and Kobe was blessed to have Shaq for 3 of his rings (not taking anything away from Kobe) and Pau for the other 2, not to mention the GOAT coach. Theres more than just rings that need to be considered if you want to look at this fairly.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 11:51 AM
the true tell of someone who doesn't actually watch basketball is when they think one player can and should win championships single-handedly

you're just an awful poster

according to you, racking up assists= team player

true telling of someone who watches basketball but doesn't have a fkin clue about it

ChikN10der
02-24-2015, 11:51 AM
The game was tougher back then.

But if you tell me Lebron wouldn't dominate back then, your ignorant.

KD as well.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 11:55 AM
according to you, racking up assists= team player

true telling of someone who watches basketball but doesn't have a fkin clue about it

okay how is that NOT being a team player? would love to hear what bullchit you have to say on that subject

racking up assists isn't the ONLY way to be a team player, but it still makes you a team player whether you like it or not

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Lol, it says that Kobe has taken a lot of his moves thus being comparable.

Kobes the 2nd best SG of all time, I'd actually pay to see Kobe play over Lebron because Kobe's game is more aesthetic than Lebrons. LeBron is very mechanical in his dribble and style of play but its efficient; Lebron is a career 27-7-7 guy on close to 50% shooting with 4 MVPs and has been the best player in the league year after year while Kobe has only consistently been a top 5 player in his prime year after year (some of those years he was the best, some of them he was top 3).

Kobe's a winner but at the same time you can't knock Lebron for his lack of rings, 2 out of 3 of his finals losses were out of his hands (07 Cavs when he was running with nobodies and 2014 Heat when his teammates slowed down). Winning is a team effort and Kobe was blessed to have Shaq for 3 of his rings (not taking anything away from Kobe) and Pau for the other 2, not to mention the GOAT coach. Theres more than just rings that need to be considered if you want to look at this fairly.

i dont care for the aethetics part of kobe's game, although it comes in part with his skill set.

to say he only mirrored jordan's moves is undercutting him. he took his moves, other player's moves as well, and has his own set of moves.

he also plays differently than jordan, ive already talked about this.

as ive said before, i was impressed with lebron in his 2 years where he won the rings, but in 07 he didnt win a single game because he wasnt able to utilize his teammates.

if you watch that finals matchup, that team's problem wasn't depth, they were actually DEEP and before the finals, everyone was talking about how the cavs had a perfect roster to support lebron.

then they faced the spurs who knew what they were doing, and all of the sudden it's not lebron's fault for not being methodical.

imagine if kobe lost in 09 and in 10, a bunch of people would be pointing out flaws in players like pau, odom, bynum, sasha etc, who all had their flaws and were liable in one way or another, but the fact is kobe made the most of that team.

he sacrificed his stats, his scoring, etc (not really sacrificed tbh) to be able to exploit gaps and soft spots in opposing teammates defenses. if kobe lost those 2 years, it would be a question of his leadership, and being able to create the same mentality of winning in his teammates. not the other way around.

that's what im trying to get at

sure, maybe lebron never had a chance to win in 07, but could he not have won at least 1-2 games if he is as good as everyone says?

basketball is played at a mental level more than physical and people tend to overlook that aspect

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:01 PM
okay how is that NOT being a team player? would love to hear what bullchit you have to say on that subject

racking up assists isn't the ONLY way to be a team player, but it still makes you a team player whether you like it or not

Dean Smith: " The player looking to get an assist is also selfish"

i love how you just called a legendary coach "bull chit" in a sense.

looking to make assists only destroys a lot of plays.

hockey assists make teammates better and are a more clear indicator of a high iq play.

if you think im bull chitting then thats your problem not mine at this point

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:04 PM

hockey assists make teammates better and are a more clear indicator of a high iq play.

if you want to track hockey assists, lebron would be by far the leader in that stat as well

you seriously speak like you've never watched lebron play, its so obvious

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:09 PM
if you want to track hockey assists, lebron would be by far the leader in that stat as well

you seriously speak like you've never watched lebron play, its so obvious

now you are just talking out of your ass when i proved you wrong.

you go from "assists always make a teammate better"

to "oh i didnt know about hockey assist, but lebron has those as well"

part of the reason why 07 finals were a blowout cause lebron didnt know how to play within an offense that didnt have the ball on a string for him.

i know you dont believe in what you say man

i know you dont

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 12:12 PM

Is he going to flop his way to taking over Jordan's legacy ?

Please inform at once.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1632727/leflop.gif
http://i.minus.com/igXOMGc9RVy9K.gif
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63ecceab8eac17f000003/lebron-james-flop-mavericks.gif
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63ee26bb3f7bd15000003/lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

lol @ these young cats with the audacity and lack of knowledge who suggest Lebron could handle himself, let alone hold a candle to MJ in that era.
Today's soft NBA has you clowns trippin'.

http://www.oocities.org/michaeljordangallery23/photo23/8485OlympicTrialsAtMilwaukeeNBAAllStarsDunleavyFou l.jpg
http://analeyez.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Michael-Jordan-Bill-Laimbeer-flagrant-foul.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/559/688/9091SixersRickMahornFoul_display_image.jpg?1292093 910

AreolaBorealis
02-24-2015, 12:22 PM
MJ quickly jumping up the "people i'd most like to punch in the face" rankings. i don't even like lebron but mj is a fuking senile.

Scorer
02-24-2015, 12:22 PM

o wait

vNt5jCwA9bs

inb4 "killer instinct"

Jordan was right though, thats a clean strip

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:23 PM
now you are just talking out of your ass when i proved you wrong.

you go from "assists always make a teammate better"

to "oh i didnt know about hockey assist, but lebron has those as well"

part of the reason why 07 finals were a blowout cause lebron didnt know how to play within an offense that didnt have the ball on a string for him.

i know you dont believe in what you say man

i know you dont

wtf are you even talking about? where did i say "i dont know about hockey assists"???

they lost the 07 finals because it was a 22 yr old lebron and a team of NOBODIES vs an elite spurs team (better than any team jordan has ever faced)

sorry that you can't grasp that concept

inb4 pau gasol and andrew bynum were worse than anyone on that cavs team herp derp

you're an absolute imbecile if you think a 22yr old leborn taking one of the worst franchises in NBA history to the finals and losing to a superior team is somehow a bad thing for his legacy

NYPat
02-24-2015, 12:26 PM

Who gives a chit what Dean Smith or anyone else says. How does getting an assist and your team scoring "destroy a lot of plays"? You just fuking scored.

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 12:30 PM
And yet at his age he has accomplished more than Jordan. Couple more rings and it's not even debatable.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/4241033-3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:30 PM
they lost the 07 finals because it was lebron and a team of NOBODIES vs an elite spurs team (better than any team jordan has ever faced)

that's a lie you want to tell yourself and to fool everyone into believing.

Kobe is better than LeBron for many more reasons that his five championship rings — he knows how to play the game while LBJ only knows how to fill up a stat sheet.

However, as far as the universal belief that LeBron’s teammates have always been inadequate, let me remind you of the following: Mo Williams, Shaq, Antawn Jamison, Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Damon Jones, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Joe Smith, Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West. When these guys joined up with LeBron, they were touted as being just the players who would make a perfect fit with James and push the Cavs over the top. Although several of the aforementioned were well past their respective primes, mostly notably Shaq and Smith, several were certified All-Stars and all were well-respected by diligent NBA watchers. But when the Cavs failed to go all the way, the retrospective wisdom in some quarters was that the team’s failures could be pinned on the newcomers.

This is utter nonsense.

The truth is that the way LBJ plays the game makes his teammates worse instead of better. He is either incapable of, or resistant to, playing in a structured offensive system, one that isn’t primarily based on his having the ball on a string.

Forget about his assist totals. He accumulates dimes because he’s a very good passer and because he controls the ball. But how often does LeBron deliberately throw a pass that leads to somebody else making an assist pass? Or LeBron do anything significant without the ball except making dive cuts or (seldom) settling into the low post?

On those rare occasions when it’s somebody else’s turn to go one-on-one or use a screen, LeBron usually stands idly by somewhere on the weak side. For the most part, he’s either a spectator or makes spectators of his teammates.

Until he learns how to play five-man basketball, LeBron will pile up impressive numbers and MVP trophies, but never win a championship.

that was 07 lebron

hey man, i give him credit for getting better, but dont act like he was perfect in 07

guy could've won at least 1-2 games

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Jordan was right though, thats a clean strip

you're right
Jordan is always right, can't do no wrong, ever
he is 100% a saint in all ways and sets the highest standard of any human being on earth that has ever existed

man some of you guys are ridiculous

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:33 PM
that's a lie you want to tell yourself and to fool everyone into believing.

that was 07 lebron

hey man, i give him credit for getting better, but dont act like he was perfect in 07

guy could've won at least 1-2 games

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/a0cf0f1ffd84b82bf342377f86272486_large.png

keep telling yourself w.e you need to though

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:36 PM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/a0cf0f1ffd84b82bf342377f86272486_large.png

lol this is just sad at this point.

do you not find it hilarious how nba players are aware of all these stats yet give their respect and recognition to kobe more than lebron despite knowing lebron's numbers?

lmao lebron fans are the funniest

logically argue with them and they start quoting box score stats

hahahaha

YWOC
02-24-2015, 12:37 PM

All this is telling me is that Kobe has won more championships than LeBron at age 28 while on less stacked teams.

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 12:38 PM
they lost the 07 finals because it was a 22 yr old lebron and a team of NOBODIES vs an elite spurs team (better than any team jordan has ever faced)

are you trying to tell me that a squad made up of Jordan, Isiah, and Barkley would have lost a Finals vs the 2006 Mavericks or 2014 Spurs ?

Because Wade, Bosh and Lebron would be like having a squad made up of Jordan, Isiah and Barkley.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:39 PM

do you not find it hilarious how nba players are aware of all these stats yet give their respect and recognition to kobe more than lebron despite knowing lebron's numbers?

hahahaha

you keep saying these things as if you hang out with all these guys and have an inside scoop or something

All this is telling me is that Kobe has won more championships than LeBron at age 28 while on less stacked teams.

nobody has taken you seriously on this forum for a long time

are you trying to tell me that a squad made up of Jordan, Isiah, and Barkley would have lost a Finals vs the 2006 Mavericks or 2014 Spurs ?

Because Wade, Bosh and Lebron would be like having a squad made up of Jordan, Isiah and Barkley.

what good does speculation do?

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:40 PM
you keep saying these things as if you hang out with all these guys and have an inside scoop or something

my inside scoop is google

YWOC
02-24-2015, 12:41 PM

nobody has taken you seriously on this forum for a long time

Yeah, and you're supposed to be taken seriously after posting this:

http://media.giphy.com/media/7mamDxggOxlJK/giphy.gif

NYPat
02-24-2015, 12:41 PM

Less stacked teams? Kobe was a role player while Shaq was a 3 time FMVP.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:42 PM
my inside scoop is google

did you watch the Clippers last night?

"Lebron James is better than Micheal Jordan"

direct quote from Ralph Lawler

see i can pick random ass quotes from random ass people in the NBA too

i'll take Ralph Lawler's word over yours though

2StepsFromHell
02-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Never really understood the whole praise an individual for team awards thing. Oh Joe Montana was the greatest qb cause he won four super bowls. "Jordan is the best cause he has 6 rings and LeBron has 2, Kobe has 5, blah blah blah." Then you bring up Bill Russell and they don't want that point to apply anymore.

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 12:43 PM

That post is speculation as well.

YWOC
02-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Less stacked teams? Kobe was a role player while Shaq was a 3 time FMVP.

So Kobe had 1 other franchise player on his team and LeBron had 2 (with also better role players) while on his time with the Heat? Obviously the Cavs when he was younger was not as good as Kobe's teams were but they also weren't nearly as bad as all the LeBronies here will have you try and think. The narrative that LeBron carried a bunch of scrubs wasn't even invented until years after when the Lebronies needed an excuse as to why he got swept in his first finals.

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:45 PM
That post is speculation as well.

no that's just an observation

NYPat
02-24-2015, 12:45 PM

hahahaha

Nothing about that is logical.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:46 PM
you can make a case for lebron being as physical as jordan

but to say he is as skilled?

that is absurd

jordan's post game was SUPERIOR to lebron's

do you guys even realize what you are trying to say?

there's a reason why hakeem says it's not fair to compare lebron to jordan

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Nothing about that is logical.

did i say it was?

i just find it funny how an illogical box score is thrown around

just to point out the fact that lebron doesn't get the recognition from his peers that his stats should respect

rotfl @ you trying to nitpick at irrelevant things

"come at me bro" *kiwiburger voice

midcoastking33
02-24-2015, 12:48 PM
not a single sane analyst would place lecramp above jordan

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
not a single sane analyst would place lecramp above jordan

ESPN would

i think you are trying to say basketball experts though

NYPat
02-24-2015, 12:51 PM
did i say it was?

just to point out the fact that lebron doesn't get the recognition from his peers that his stats should respect

Lol'd irl at this.

But yeah, you're claiming you're logically arguing by quoting players. Eyewitness testimony is the least accurate evidence in trials. They are not facts.

PowerOfWisdom
02-24-2015, 12:51 PM
.Kobe is probably top 10 of all time.

It is pretty clear he is up there with MJ for best SG ever.

ThinkAgain
02-24-2015, 12:52 PM
jordan never even played lebron and he has him figured out

just force him left it works

cashinout
02-24-2015, 12:54 PM
did i say it was?

stats are illogical but people's opinions aren't illogical

you seriously might have aspergers

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 12:56 PM
But yeah, you're claiming you're logically arguing by quoting players.

nope, i am just pointing out the FACT that lebron doesn't get recognition and respect from his PEERS in comparison to the level that Kobe does despite the stats.

that's a fact.

when someone says something, i can say "player x said this" and it would be a fact, not a fabricated fiction scenario.

NYPat
02-24-2015, 01:02 PM
nope, i am just pointing out the FACT that lebron doesn't get recognition and respect from his PEERS in comparison to the level that Kobe does despite the stats.

that's a fact.

when someone says something, i can say "player x said this" and it would be a fact, not a fabricated fiction scenario.

They may have said it, but it clearly does not make it true. Obviously.

And if all these players "respect" Kobe so much, why don't any of them want to play with him?

nvrstopworking
02-24-2015, 01:23 PM

A squad featuring Barkley, Hakeem and Drexler got beat by the Jazz in the playoffs and didn't even make the Finals.

Chit happens.

hahahaha

Kobe's also been in the league almost twice as long as Lebron has. Just saying.

notWilliam
02-24-2015, 01:53 PM
I lol at people who think lebron wouldn't last in another era. Generational talents will always adapt to the current rules and succeed.

Neil4123
02-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Jordan knows so much about basketball talent, that's why he built such a strong franchise in Charlotte right? Fukin lol, he only says this chit because he's jealous of the attention Lebron gets.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Kobe's also been in the league almost twice as long as Lebron has. Just saying.

so if lebron plays 5 more years, is that going to make his defenders says "gee, lebron was much harder to guard than kobe" ?

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 03:21 PM
no that's just an observation

No, you are speculatingthat Lebron will pas MJ.

You're not observing anything.

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 03:25 PM
did you watch the Clippers last night?

"Lebron James is better than Micheal Jordan"

direct quote from Ralph Lawler

see i can pick random ass quotes from random ass people in the NBA too

i'll take Ralph Lawler's word over yours though

source?

and you miss the point.

point is, overwhelming majority of their peers pick kobe despite full well knowing the stats

as ive made said about a 100 times already in other threads, if you misproperly use the stats, then you will obviously think those players and coaches are idiots

you refuse to use them correctly to fit your argument.

lol @ posting accumulated career stats to make a point.

that's the most retarded statement ever.

no one will ever consider lbj as better than MJ

and if someone does, video footage comparisons will prove that wrong instantly

sdballer5588
02-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Lol @ a bunch of people in this thread about a quote from 2 years ago.

Number McGee with the gem of this thread "don't feed the troll", you apparently failed to even click on the TWO YEAR OLD article in the OP.

Indeed. Don't feed the troll.

orderoutofchaos
02-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Stat legacy means squat, all that matters is that Jordan was so much quicker and fluid and graceful and his play was pure theater. Jordan brought the NBA to a new level because of the dramatic moments. Lebron is just a big dumb moose simply trying to fill his quota. There's no moments no theatrics no drama just stale stats....

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 03:31 PM
A squad featuring Barkley, Hakeem and Drexler got beat by the Jazz in the playoffs and didn't even make the Finals.

Chit happens.

C'mon now.

Barkley was 35.
Drexler was 35.
Hakeem was 34.

Are you really trying to compare those aged players to 2011:

Lebron: 27 years old
Wade: 29 years old
Bosh: 27 years old

nvrstopworking
02-24-2015, 03:39 PM
C'mon now.

Barkley was 35.
Drexler was 35.
Hakeem was 34.

Are you really trying to compare those aged players to 2006:

Lebron: 22 years old
Wade: 24 years old
Bosh: 22 years old

C'mon nothing. That year ('96/97).....

Barkley: 19/14/5

Hakeem: 23/9/3 + 1.5 stls and 2.2 blks

Drexler: 18/6/6 + 2 stls

And all 3 were all-stars that season.

02-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Lol @ a bunch of people in this thread about a quote from 2 years ago.

Number McGee with the gem of this thread "don't feed the troll", you apparently failed to even click on the TWO YEAR OLD article in the OP.

Indeed. Don't feed the troll.

Didn't pay any mind to it. I don't really care anyways, these threads are always filled with the biggest idiots on the sports misc so I should probably assume they're all trolls.

WafflesBrah
02-24-2015, 03:53 PM
well Lebron James Harden doesn't have Lebron James to fall back on and mentor him either
Not sure if srs.. mentoring will only take you so far.. experience is what makes you prepared and better.

Babyframes
02-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Lol. Still trying to figure out why Kobe goons are infiltrating this thread when this discussion clearly involves two players who have never been carried to a championship. Role players need not apply.

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 04:30 PM
C'mon nothing. That year ('96/97).....

Barkley: 19/14/5

Hakeem: 23/9/3 + 1.5 stls and 2.2 blks

Drexler: 18/6/6 + 2 stls

And all 3 were all-stars that season.

Someone has to score points and the "stars" of a team take the most shots.

You're trying to compare aged players at the end of their careers with players in the prime of their career.

TMaC828
02-24-2015, 04:34 PM

Maybe because Jordan went to North Carolina

ClevageGobbler
02-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Jordan is so unbelievably better than LeBron it's simply a fact.

Picture Jordan being held to 8 fuking points in an NBA FINALS GAME, by ANYBODY...LOL

Wrap your minds around this: Kobe in his first Finals appearance at age 21, scores 28 points with a severely sprained ankle in game 4...and a completely healthy LeBron can only score 8 points...

We're done here.

NYPat
02-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Maybe because Jordan went to North Carolina

Or because he couldn't win until Pippen showed up?

nvrstopworking
02-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Someone has to score points and the "stars" of a team take the most shots.

Please don't tell me that you're trying to argue the ever-popular "empty stats" theory here.

TMaC828
02-24-2015, 04:41 PM
wtf are you even talking about? where did i say "i dont know about hockey assists"???

sorry that you can't grasp that concept

inb4 pau gasol and andrew bynum were worse than anyone on that cavs team herp derp

you're an absolute imbecile if you think a 22yr old leborn taking one of the worst franchises in NBA history to the finals and losing to a superior team is somehow a bad thing for his legacy

That team was not full of nobodies... they were statistically one the best defenses in the league, and a top5 3 point shooting team...

last four games the Cavs lost in the finals LeBron shot 17/53 with 18 turnovers... more turnovers than FG's yeah let's blame the team.

TMaC828
02-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Or because he couldn't win until Pippen showed up?

Quick... name a NBA player who has won a title on their own, don't worry I'll wait.

I do recall Jordan breaking the NBA playoff scoring record(which still stands) as a rookie vs a power house Celtics team... averaged 45 in the series, as a rookie. I'm willing to bet LeBron never averaged 40 in any playoff series.

nvrstopworking
02-24-2015, 04:45 PM
That team was not full of nobodies... they were statistically one the best defenses in the league, and a top5 3 point shooting team...

last four games the Cavs lost in the finals LeBron shot 17/53 with 18 turnovers... more turnovers than FG's yeah let's blame the team.

And why do you think that happened?

Perhaps because the Spurs threw EVERYTHING at Lebron, doubling and tripling him at times, because no one else was a real threat?

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 04:47 PM

Perhaps because the Spurs threw EVERYTHING at Lebron, doubling and tripling him at times, because no one else was a real threat?

you always skip the 07 finals analysis and blame his teammates

Kobe is better than LeBron for many more reasons that his five championship rings — he knows how to play the game while LBJ only knows how to fill up a stat sheet.

However, as far as the universal belief that LeBron’s teammates have always been inadequate, let me remind you of the following: Mo Williams, Shaq, Antawn Jamison, Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Damon Jones, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Joe Smith, Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West. When these guys joined up with LeBron, they were touted as being just the players who would make a perfect fit with James and push the Cavs over the top. Although several of the aforementioned were well past their respective primes, mostly notably Shaq and Smith, several were certified All-Stars and all were well-respected by diligent NBA watchers. But when the Cavs failed to go all the way, the retrospective wisdom in some quarters was that the team’s failures could be pinned on the newcomers.

This is utter nonsense.

The truth is that the way LBJ plays the game makes his teammates worse instead of better. He is either incapable of, or resistant to, playing in a structured offensive system, one that isn’t primarily based on his having the ball on a string.

Forget about his assist totals. He accumulates dimes because he’s a very good passer and because he controls the ball. But how often does LeBron deliberately throw a pass that leads to somebody else making an assist pass? Or LeBron do anything significant without the ball except making dive cuts or (seldom) settling into the low post?

On those rare occasions when it’s somebody else’s turn to go one-on-one or use a screen, LeBron usually stands idly by somewhere on the weak side. For the most part, he’s either a spectator or makes spectators of his teammates.

Until he learns how to play five-man basketball, LeBron will pile up impressive numbers and MVP trophies, but never win a championship.

all of that is supported by the film

check the film bro

NYPat
02-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Quick... name a NBA player who has won a title on their own, don't worry I'll wait.

I do recall Jordan breaking the NBA playoff scoring record(which still stands) as a rookie vs a power house Celtics team... averaged 45 in the series, as a rookie. I'm willing to bet LeBron never averaged 40 in any playoff series.

You said Jordan was behind LeBron because he went to college, I said it's because he didn't get Pippen until later. I didn't say he should've been able to do it by himself.

nvrstopworking
02-24-2015, 04:54 PM
you always skip the 07 finals analysis and blame his teammates

all of that is supported by the film

check the film bro

lol @ that horsechit "analysis".

What was different about Lebron when he won those 2 titles? He still played the same way with the exception that he added a reliable jumper to his game and played with more confidence overall.

Wally Z. Jamario Moon. lol... the fuk outta here with that garbage.

I may as well tell you that Smush Parker and Brian Cook were valuable parts of those Laker teams that got their chit pushed in with Kobe scoring 35/night.

Get rid of the damn double standards.

TMaC828
02-24-2015, 04:54 PM

Lol wut

Double or triple team indicates 1-2 players are open... does not justify the turnovers or **** shooting %

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 05:00 PM
lol @ that horsechit "analysis".

What was different about Lebron when he won those 2 titles? He still played the same way with the exception that he added a reliable jumper to his game and played with more confidence overall.

Wally Z. Jamario Moon. lol... the fuk outta here with that garbage.

I may as well tell you that Smush Parker and Brian Cook were valuable parts of those Laker teams that got their chit pushed in with Kobe scoring 35/night.

Get rid of the damn double standards.

lol. dude you just exposed yourself as a dumb fuk who just wants to defend lebron. are you going to reply back with some substance or you going to throw a temper tantrum again?

as for your question--the difference is that lebron had help from 2 superstars when he won the 2 titles.

notice that he wasn't very competitive in the most recent finals loss.

don't ever bring up the 05-06 team again, kobe had a much worse team than lebron and still managed to be up by 3-1 at one point.

he even tried to use his teammates.

the only one here that has a double standard is you. you purposely refuse to use context to anything. everything you say or base anything off of it bias stats and numbers that prove nothing.

put kobe on that 07 cavaliers and they win 2-3 at the very least.

only on sports misc can you say that watching a game is double standards

TMaC828
02-24-2015, 05:02 PM
I correct myself.

LeBron's 2007 finals #'s.

FG: 32/90
23 TO

GOAT

NYPat
02-24-2015, 05:06 PM
put kobe on that 07 cavaliers and they lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Fixed.

broboma2012
02-24-2015, 05:18 PM
I correct myself.

LeBron's 2007 finals #'s.

FG: 32/90
23 TO

GOAT

MJ has ruined every best player in the league since him. As soon as they seem on track they get compared and then as time goes by they begin to fall behind making their careers seem like disappointment.

I mean look at lebron. Think about the struggle those 2 rings were. Now think about the fact that he needs to be the clear cut best player and FMVP 4 MORE TIMES. All the while putting up big numbers. Lebron's window is closing and the fanboys don't want to think about it.

I will also find it funny when lebron drops off at ages mj was still producing strong at because that 'by age' comparison will suddenly become 'unfair' to lebron. 'But he was in the league so much longer at that age! Shyt comparison bro!'

It's so predictable. Kobe fans created the template. Lebron fans are following it.

nvrstopworking
02-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Lol wut

Double or triple team indicates 1-2 players are open... does not justify the turnovers or **** shooting %

And that's fine... as long as you apply those same rules to guys like Kobe (and T-Mac in ORL since you seem to be a fan).

No one guy is going to do it by himself. No one guy is going to beat a great TEAM.

lol. dude you just exposed yourself as a dumb fuk who just wants to defend lebron. are you going to reply back with some substance or you going to throw a temper tantrum again?

as for your question--the difference is that lebron had help from 2 superstars when he won the 2 titles.

notice that he wasn't very competitive in the most recent finals loss.

don't ever bring up the 05-06 team again, kobe had a much worse team than lebron and still managed to be up by 3-1 at one point.

he even tried to use his teammates.

the only one here that has a double standard is you. you purposely refuse to use context to anything. everything you say or base anything off of it bias stats and numbers that prove nothing.

put kobe on that 07 cavaliers and they win 2-3 at the very least.

only on sports misc can you say that watching a game is double standards

Personal attacks... the trademark of a kobetard.

I've said many times that Lebron isn't even one of my favourite players in the league.... I just get involved in these threads because some of the chit spewed by you guys is so incredibly bias that it's laughable.

Kobe never won without good teammates.

Jordan never won without good teammates.

Larry & Magic never won without good teammates.

KG/Allen/Pierce didn't win chit until they teamed up.

The Spurs never relied on one single star to carry them.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. There's no shame in needing help. Basketball is a team sport.

EDIT: and just lol @ Kobe winning 2 or 3 games against the Spurs with that Cavs team. Have you forgotten that the dude RARELY passes and routinely shoots over double teams? Spurs would've swept them just as easily.

MontelWilliams
02-24-2015, 05:21 PM
congrats lebron on passing pippen for the most assists of all-time by a forward

GOAT's gonna GOAT

sm1zzle
02-24-2015, 05:38 PM

Teams never threw "everything" at Jordan in the Finals ?

Picture Jordan being held to 8 fuking points in an NBA FINALS GAME, by ANYBODY...LOL

http://www.troll.me/images2/tity-2-chainz/tru-tru.jpg

DrFlexologist
02-24-2015, 05:39 PM
It's nice to see that Jordan is still his prick-ish self

CattleBattle
02-24-2015, 05:40 PM
In my experience the only people that think lebron is anywhere near jordans level are people who are not old enough to have watched jordan play.

waisoserious
02-24-2015, 05:42 PM
this article is from 2013

wtf?

ClutchAnalyst
02-24-2015, 05:46 PM
And that's fine... as long as you apply those same rules to guys like Kobe (and T-Mac in ORL since you seem to be a fan).

No one guy is going to do it by himself. No one guy is going to beat a great TEAM.

Personal attacks... the trademark of a kobetard.

I've said many times that Lebron isn't even one of my favourite players in the league.... I just get involved in these threads because some of the chit spewed by you guys is so incredibly bias that it's laughable.

Kobe never won without good teammates.

Jordan never won without good teammates.

Larry & Magic never won without good teammates.

KG/Allen/Pierce didn't win chit until they teamed up.

The Spurs never relied on one single star to carry them.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp. There's no shame in needing help. Basketball is a team sport.

EDIT: and just lol @ Kobe winning 2 or 3 games against the Spurs with that Cavs team. Have you forgotten that the dude RARELY passes and routinely shoots over double teams? Spurs would've swept them just as easily.

you know what man?

you are right. lebron could have done nothing to win at least 1 game in 07.

he is the ultimate teammate. reasons? cause he averages so many assists.

im not saying lebron doesn't need help. FYI you missed the part where I said that if kobe lost in 09 and 10, id say it would be fair to criticize his leadership even though all the other kobe fans would be pointing fingers at his teammates who all had their liabilities.

but nevermind that.

CattleBattle
02-24-2015, 05:47 PM

Did you actually watch jordan play? He was triple teamed regularly. There was a thing called the jordan defense. Thats right teams literally built a defense strategy around him. He didnt get doubled and tripled just every now and then that **** happened night after night in nearly every game.

TMaC828
02-24-2015, 06:00 PM
My username has absolutely zero correlation to Tracy McGrady, in case some of you already made that assumption.

vegito69
02-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Did you actually watch jordan play? He was triple teamed regularly. There was a thing called the jordan defense. Thats right teams literally built a defense strategy around him. He didnt get doubled and tripled just every now and then that **** happened night after night in nearly every game.

Lol no he didn't.

91Tmg96qq7k

Try counting how many times Jordan was tripled, let along doubled. Illegal defences prevented teams from regularly tripling superstars like they do today.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-24-2015, 06:34 PM
smh at the fkn ducktales ITT by people who never even saw the players they are talking about.

whole threads needs to shut the fuk up

broboma2012
02-24-2015, 06:39 PM
lol at people who believe in the us constitution when not a single soul saw that shyt signed. what a joke!

DKPhenomenom
02-24-2015, 07:37 PM
In on the daily Lebron stan beat down.

nvrstopworking
02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Teams never threw "everything" at Jordan in the Finals ?

By the time the Bulls were good enough to make the Finals they weren't a 1-man show anymore.

If you recall Pippen actually starting guarding Magic so that MJ could rest on that end. This was a trend that continued for years to come.

A 23-yr old asking me if I ever watched Jordan play.... that's rich.

Jordan scored a ton... much like Kobe did... much like Iverson did....

How'd things work out for those guys when they were putting up 22+ shots/gm on chitty teams?

TexasMajor
02-25-2015, 07:06 PM

ITP: A brainwashed Lebron stan.

waisoserious
02-25-2015, 07:19 PM
what does jordan know?

we have stats that say otherwise

and we know its ALL BOUT DEM STATS

dem stats > jordans opinion

right guys?

ziaziazia
02-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Lebron would be average if it weren't for steroids.

cashinout
02-25-2015, 07:25 PM
I just want to know why Lebron fans preach Jordan's word as gospel when he said Kobe was maybe a top 10 guard

But then call Jordan a potato and whatnot when he says something negative about Lebron.

Fwiw, both comments are amazingly retarded. Kobe is the best SG not named Jordan and Lebron would kill it in the 90s.

What about the kobetards who did the exact same thing?

rob112
02-25-2015, 07:57 PM
This is stupid. This is an argument over who is better, but to act like Lebron would be average in any era is ridiculous. If you were going to make a test tube NBA player with perfect genes to play basketball you would get something like Lebron physically.

boutthreefiddy
02-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Man, I hate this argument.

There will never be another like Jordan. For MJ, there was just a PASSION when he played, you could never take the heart from MJ. Flu, bad night, he just kept giving it his all, 100%.

By far, he was the SMARTEST player ever. He knew your weaknesses. He knew your moves. He knew when you were going to pull up, drive in, who you were going to pass to, etc.

He wasn't good at defense? He took the summer to improve, defensive player of the year. He wasn't good at shooting? Perfected his jumper. Getting older, doesn't have it anymore...? Fade away jumper.

Man. I saw Jordan in both eras. I saw him in his prime live, I also saw him when he was in his 40s with the Wizards.

To be honest, in his 40s, his jumper was SICK. He got so much air compared to everyone..and he was old.

You've never seen anyone quicker, with more fineness, as strong, as agile, as smart as Jordan.

Believe me, I was a huge LeBron fan...huge. Over the years, I was very disappointed. There are a lot of examples to this, but its ok. I dont even care. LeBron says 82 games is too long, can never take responsibility when his team loses. Jordan comes out of retirement? Loses in the playoffs to SHAQ? Comes back stronger, 72-10, and another ring in the books. Oh, add the next 2 years too, please.

All the cavs did was the same as MIA, load the team up to help LeBron with his weaknesses.

And you can argue all day, Jordan had Pippen. etc. Jordan made his players better. LeBron never made anyone better, they were all stars before that. Jordan made these players better. Rodman was cool, but he came in like, what, 3 championships later.

LeBron only has 2 championships with an all star team for 4 years.

Jordan won with bill c.wright, horace grant, scrub ass teams and bench. Thats like bronnie winning in CLE with the same squad he got drafted with.

Please, LeBron gets the marketing, the hype. But, I would even put Kobe over him. Not current. But have you seen Kobe in his prime? Man......ultimate competitor. And for the longest time, I would never give Kobe love.

LeBron is physically strong, mentally weak. He is not a smart player. He is VERY lucky to have players on his team to cover his weaknesses. He doesnt get doubled or tripled because there are way too many threats on that team to just focus on lebron. He puts up good numbers, but they are easy numbers to put up. Thats cause he has so much help and the other all stars free up space for him to create. Not to mention, hes a big guy, and will get called to the free throw line for driving in on Nate Robinson.

Lb54TG
02-25-2015, 09:17 PM
im so annoyed of jordan fukking always having something to say.

he always tries to stay relevant by bashing bron every few months just to get his name in the headlines

nvrstopworking
02-25-2015, 09:19 PM

There will never be another like Jordan. For MJ, there was just a PASSION when he played, you could never take the heart from MJ. Flu, bad night, he just kept giving it his all, 100%.

By far, he was the SMARTEST player ever. He knew your weaknesses. He knew your moves. He knew when you were going to pull up, drive in, who you were going to pass to, etc.

He wasn't good at defense? He took the summer to improve, defensive player of the year. He wasn't good at shooting? Perfected his jumper. Getting older, doesn't have it anymore...? Fade away jumper.

Man. I saw Jordan in both eras. I saw him in his prime live, I also saw him when he was in his 40s with the Wizards.

To be honest, in his 40s, his jumper was SICK. He got so much air compared to everyone..and he was old.

You've never seen anyone quicker, with more fineness, as strong, as agile, as smart as Jordan.

Believe me, I was a huge LeBron fan...huge. Over the years, I was very disappointed. There are a lot of examples to this, but its ok. I dont even care. LeBron says 82 games is too long, can never take responsibility when his team loses. Jordan comes out of retirement? Loses in the playoffs to SHAQ? Comes back stronger, 72-10, and another ring in the books. Oh, add the next 2 years too, please.

All the cavs did was the same as MIA, load the team up to help LeBron with his weaknesses.

And you can argue all day, Jordan had Pippen. etc. Jordan made his players better. LeBron never made anyone better, they were all stars before that. Jordan made these players better. Rodman was cool, but he came in like, what, 3 championships later.

Jordan won with bill c.wright, horace grant, scrub ass teams and bench. Thats like bronnie winning in CLE with the same squad he got drafted with.

Please, LeBron gets the marketing, the hype. But, I would even put Kobe over him. Not current. But have you seen Kobe in his prime? Man......ultimate competitor. And for the longest time, I would never give Kobe love.

LeBron is physically strong, mentally weak. He is not a smart player. He is VERY lucky to have players on his team to cover his weaknesses. He doesnt get doubled or tripled because there are way too many threats on that team to just focus on lebron. He puts up good numbers, but they are easy numbers to put up. Thats cause he has so much help and the other all stars free up space for him to create. Not to mention, hes a big guy, and will get called to the free throw line for driving in on Nate Robinson.

And this is prob. why you're red lol.

Jordan won with Horace Grant, Cartwright and not much else? Really??? You forgetting about that dude named Pippen? You forgetting that he had arguably the best coach in NBA history who totally revamped the way the Bulls played and made them near unbeatable? You forgetting that some of the league's best shooters EVER played on his teams? That guys like Rodman and Kukoc were HUGE for CHI time & time again?

Gimme a fawking break.

I can accept people saying Hakeem or maybe Dirk.... closest I've seen to one player carrying the load all the way to a title.

Bcider
02-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Lol no he didn't.

91Tmg96qq7k

Try counting how many times Jordan was tripled, let along doubled. Illegal defences prevented teams from regularly tripling superstars like they do today.

Lol at linking a game from early in Jordan's career. Link one from the 90's you ****ing idiot.

AGangsta
02-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Lol no he didn't.

91Tmg96qq7k

u wot m8? this was during his second year in the playoffs against the celtics who won the championship this year... and he still wrecked that series individually.

aal04
02-25-2015, 09:36 PM
Funny thing is LBJ would be better in MJs league. (physical league with him at 500lb and 6'8)

And MJ would be better in LBJs league. (finesse guard dominated league of near no contact).

ClutchAnalyst
02-25-2015, 09:36 PM
u wot m8? this was during his second year in the playoffs against the celtics who won the championship this year... and he still wrecked that series individually.

yeah but he wasn't routinely tripled.

especially off the ball.

sure they closed in on him sometimes and detroit had that whole jordan rules where they would trap him, but it was nothing like the doubles and triples you see today

Fist-Of-Freedom
02-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Only in the misc would you have potatoes conparing LeChoke to Jordan. These are the same clowns that are stattards

It's just not even a comparison

Holefuly he can get Allen this year to win him another ring!

AGangsta
02-25-2015, 09:45 PM
yeah but he wasn't routinely tripled.

especially off the ball.

sure they closed in on him sometimes and detroit had that whole jordan rules where they would trap him, but it was nothing like the doubles and triples you see today

... no player is ever routinely tripled off the ball, that wouldn't make any sense in any defensive concept. i'm just saying why post a single video of him not getting doubled / tripled and proving what he can do when teams don't. i don't have any argument. just don't understand why you would post that video as support of yours.

ClutchAnalyst
02-25-2015, 09:50 PM
... no player is ever routinely tripled off the ball, that wouldn't make any sense in any defensive concept. i'm just saying why post a single video of him not getting doubled / tripled and proving what he can do when teams don't. i don't have any argument. just don't understand why you would post that video as support of yours.

i assume you are telling me to post a video? idk if you typed it all up fast and have bad grammar or i cant read for some reason right now.

either way, this is what im trying to say.

a lot of the help defenses were limited in jordan's day. especially satellite defenders.

weakside rotations were also bad even though they were legal--due to technology (better film study tech)

that's not to say jordan wouldn't wreck in today's league.

the guy as athletic as he was combined it with top tier level skills that were never seen in the NBA before, and almost no player in today's game has that skill set either.

but this video should clear up things

YM_eCnTNt1Q

AGangsta
02-25-2015, 09:52 PM
NLv2F33snCE

lebron faces similar defenses, but he's playing in a softer era and surrounded with much better perimeter shooting. both would have success irrespective of era.

HotCheetos
02-25-2015, 10:04 PM
From a physical standpoint he'd be more than fine, but mentally he'd get wrecked. He has shown plenty of times how the moment can get to him. Now on top of that throw in world class trash talkers like Jordan, rodman, bird, miller, etc and I don't see Lebron holding up mentally. He'd still be one of the better players in the league, but come playoff time I don't think he could hang.

When Jordan hit adversity he turned it up, Lebron not so much.

ClutchAnalyst
02-25-2015, 10:12 PM
From a physical standpoint he'd be more than fine, but mentally he'd get wrecked. .

this is what people don't get.

jordan questions lebron's toughness

nvrstopworking
02-25-2015, 11:37 PM
From a physical standpoint he'd be more than fine, but mentally he'd get wrecked. He has shown plenty of times how the moment can get to him. Now on top of that throw in world class trash talkers like Jordan, rodman, bird, miller, etc and I don't see Lebron holding up mentally. He'd still be one of the better players in the league, but come playoff time I don't think he could hang.

When Jordan hit adversity he turned it up, Lebron not so much.

Uhhhh.... wat? Guy was roasted after his first year in MIA (in spite of the fact that they got to the Finals).

Next year? Comes back and wins a title while being the Finals MVP.

Next year? Repeats while taking his game and his efficiency to a ridiculous level.

That's not "turning it up"?

DKPhenomenom
02-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Uhhhh.... wat? Guy was roasted after his first year in MIA (in spite of the fact that they got to the Finals).

Next year? Repeats while taking his game and his efficiency to a ridiculous level.

2-3 despite being surrounded by stars, there's no excuse for that, dude is trash. Deal with it.

I also find it funny you claim to not even be a fan of Lebron but here you are in every thread defending him like a teenage girl defends Bieber.

Sort your life out champ, you're 40 years old ffs.

sdballer5588
02-25-2015, 11:46 PM
2-3 despite being surrounded by stars, there's no excuse for that, dude is trash. Deal with it.

I also find it funny you claim to not even be a fan of Lebron but here you are in every thread defending him like a teenage girl defends Bieber.

Just like you don't care about LeBron but post in 100% of threads about him, solely to discuss him.

You're pathetic lol

DKPhenomenom
02-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Just like you don't care about LeBron but post in 100% of threads about him, solely to discuss him.

You're pathetic lol

TexasMajor
02-25-2015, 11:55 PM

You're pathetic lol

Top 5 quickest ethers of all time.

sdballer5588
02-26-2015, 12:10 AM

Top 5 quickest ethers of all time.

Strong deflection. You both discuss LeBron more than any other athlete yet you both claim to despise him.

Legit. Pathetic.

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 12:13 AM
Strong deflection. You both discuss LeBron more than any other athlete yet you both claim to despise him.

Legit. Pathetic.

sdballer5588
02-26-2015, 12:17 AM

Still less than your cumulative posts over your 6 accounts. All discussing LeBron James, your favorite player.

Rest in piss kid.

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 12:18 AM
Still less than your cumulative posts over your 6 accounts. All discussing LeBron James, your favorite player.

Rest in piss kid.

notWilliam
02-26-2015, 01:02 AM

cant even take you serious with that avi lmfao

HotCheetos
02-26-2015, 05:05 AM

Truth is he was roasted for not turning it up when he was with Cleveland, then it happened two more times. As you stated one of those times with the heat and two other stars. Then last year going in to game 3 with a 1-1 series he laid an egg with 22 points and 7 turnovers. Only went to the line 3 times, so he wasn't even going to the basket. I can't think of a playoff game that Jordan ever played that way, especially in the finals.

It shouldn't even come to Lebron "getting roasted" because IMO someone that is tough wouldn't even let it get to that. Stop being passive and take the game over.

Fist-Of-Freedom
02-26-2015, 05:42 AM
k3kKxtSQa-4

On Jordans level they say

LOOOLLL

Thai_Clinch
02-26-2015, 05:50 AM
for a player hated so much, he is the biggest athlete that's talked about in this section. Thread after thread, page after page. Too damn funny. the guy is a future hall of famer, has won titles, mvps, and is one of the greatest to be on the court. yet people are such big homers and get so defensive over there favorite player and team, people hate him. These discussions remind me of a bunch of women crying over something that happened on daytime tv. just lol @ sports misc.

boutthreefiddy
02-26-2015, 06:35 AM
cant even take you serious with that avi lmfao

Lol.

boutthreefiddy
02-26-2015, 06:44 AM
And this is prob. why you're red lol.

Jordan won with Horace Grant, Cartwright and not much else? Really??? You forgetting about that dude named Pippen? You forgetting that he had arguably the best coach in NBA history who totally revamped the way the Bulls played and made them near unbeatable? You forgetting that some of the league's best shooters EVER played on his teams? That guys like Rodman and Kukoc were HUGE for CHI time & time again?

Gimme a fawking break.

I can accept people saying Hakeem or maybe Dirk.... closest I've seen to one player carrying the load all the way to a title.

Who was Phil Jackson before the Bulls?

Those great shooters werent great until they played on an MJ team. We all saw what they did post MJ era. Phil developed a great system to get everyone involved, true, which made everyone get a touch according to their strengths, much in the same way Kerr is teaching the warriors the system right now.

You act like Bird didn't say that was God in a Jordan jersey that night. He was going to the playoffs consistently, tearing it up, doing what he could. NEVER left the team.

He PUSHED those players to become what they were. Jordan has trashed talked and mentally fuk'd players into RETIREMENT. Remember Mugsy Bouges? Retired because of Jordan. Lots of others.

Point blank, you weren't winning in the 90s unless Jordan was dead or retired.

Can't say the same for LeBron.

This is an example of how smart Jordan was. He called LeBron out on is flaws. He hesitate dribbles left when hes going to pull up. If hes going to drive in, he goes right handed. If you watch his qwirks, Jordan was right. And that was the great thing about Jordan. He noticed your weaknesses and made you use them, he stopped you from doing what you are good at. And the thing is, Jordan had no weaknesses. He could pay every damn position and would guard anyone when asked.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/steve-kerr-recalls-the-time-jordan-punched-him-at-practice/

CL4TP
02-26-2015, 07:36 AM
Jordan is the owner of my team, so major props for that...but let's not act like he has skill in anything other than playing basketball. He's a failure of a son, husband, father, friend, teammate, gambler, basketball analysis, and skill potential.

Just make him go left, Kwame. It'll work, I just know it.

BJohnny1988
02-26-2015, 07:38 AM
not reading thread.

I know Kirby fans are enjoying the comment.

Remember the time Michael said Kobe might be a top 10 guard all time in the NBA?
lol.
They'll still take this comment srs.

boutthreefiddy
02-26-2015, 10:07 AM
Jordan is the owner of my team, so major props for that...but let's not act like he has skill in anything other than playing basketball. He's a failure of a son, husband, father, friend, teammate, gambler, basketball analysis, and skill potential.

Just make him go left, Kwame. It'll work, I just know it.

Ok, in no way does his personal life belong in this discussion. Why does that matter?

http://www.catherinenicole.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/morton-salt.jpeg

BrawnySwoleman
02-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Who was Phil Jackson before the Bulls?

Those great shooters werent great until they played on an MJ team. We all saw what they did post MJ era. Phil developed a great system to get everyone involved, true, which made everyone get a touch according to their strengths, much in the same way Kerr is teaching the warriors the system right now.

You act like Bird didn't say that was God in a Jordan jersey that night. He was going to the playoffs consistently, tearing it up, doing what he could. NEVER left the team.

He PUSHED those players to become what they were. Jordan has trashed talked and mentally fuk'd players into RETIREMENT. Remember Mugsy Bouges? Retired because of Jordan. Lots of others.

Point blank, you weren't winning in the 90s unless Jordan was dead or retired.

Can't say the same for LeBron.

This is an example of how smart Jordan was. He called LeBron out on is flaws. He hesitate dribbles left when hes going to pull up. If hes going to drive in, he goes right handed. If you watch his qwirks, Jordan was right. And that was the great thing about Jordan. He noticed your weaknesses and made you use them, he stopped you from doing what you are good at. And the thing is, Jordan had no weaknesses. He could pay every damn position and would guard anyone when asked.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/steve-kerr-recalls-the-time-jordan-punched-him-at-practice/Why do people make things up? Jordan's resume was impressive enough as it is. In 20 years people are going to say Jordan never missed an open shot or lost a playoff game. I'm assuming you're referring to the "shoot it you ****ing midget" story? Even if that actually happened, it supposedly occurred during their playoff game in 1995. Bogues didn't retire until 2001, 3 years after MJ retired from the Bulls.

And no, at 6'6 Jordan could not play every position. Would they ever have him defend Ewing or Rik Smits? The only players I've seen/know of that could do that were/are Magic, Lamar Odom, and dare I say it, LeBron. You'd have to nitpick to find a weakness in MJ's game, but if anything it was the three-point shot; his best years from there came when the line was moved in.

HotCheetos
02-26-2015, 10:46 AM
Why do people make things up? Jordan's resume was impressive enough as it is. In 20 years people are going to say Jordan never missed an open shot or lost a playoff game. I'm assuming you're referring to the "shoot it you ****ing midget" story? Even if that actually happened, it supposedly occurred during their playoff game in 1995. Bogues didn't retire until 2001, 3 years after MJ retired from the Bulls.

And no, at 6'6 Jordan could not play every position. Would they ever have him defend Ewing or Rik Smits? The players I've seen/know of that could do that were/are Magic, Lamar Odom, and dare I say it, LeBron. You'd have to nitpick to find a weakness in MJ's game, but if anything it was the three-point shot; his best years from there came when the line was moved in.
good post. Never took his post very seriously, he is red after all.

nvrstopworking
02-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Hard not to defend Lebron when tards like you can't even form a single rational, impartial thought in regards to him.

One of the most dominant players of the past decade... With 4 mvps and 2 rings.... "Trash".

Do you realize how ridiculous your posts are? Honestly remind me of a 14 yr old girl trying to cyberbully a classmate.

sdballer5588
02-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Hard not to defend Lebron when tards like you can't even form a single rational, impartial thought in regards to him.

One of the most dominant players of the past decade... With 4 mvps and 2 rings.... "Trash".

Do you realize how ridiculous your posts are? Honestly remind me of a 14 yr old girl trying to cyberbully a classmate.

Watch out bro. He is about to let you know that your life is worthless.

That is right, the internet troll on his fifth account with no avi who KEEPS COMING BACK to this site time after time, is about to let you know why you are wrong.

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 12:08 PM

2-2 with 2 franchise players and the GOAT 3 point shooter and career starter coming off the bench.

Only "star' in NBA history to take a paycut in his prime and jump ship to join 2 other prime franchise players (1 a former FMVP) because he couldn't get it done.

So dominant....

Do you even hear yourself right now?

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Watch out bro. He is about to let you know that your life is worthless.

That is right, the internet troll on his fifth account with no avi who KEEPS COMING BACK to this site time after time, is about to let you know why you are wrong.

sdballer5588
02-26-2015, 12:09 PM
2-2 with 2 franchise players and the GOAT 3 point shooter and career starter coming off the bench.

Only "star' in NBA history to take a paycut in his prime and jump ship to join 2 other prime franchise players (1 a former FMVP) because he couldn't get it done.

So dominant....

Do you even hear yourself right now?

Damn bro he nailed you so hard omfg. 2,812 of the sickest ethers you could ever imagine.

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Damn bro he nailed you so hard omfg. 2,812 of the sickest ethers you could ever imagine.

sdballer5588
02-26-2015, 12:13 PM

28,114/28,114

NYPat
02-26-2015, 12:17 PM
DKPhaggot getting buried in yet another thread.

MurkinSeason
02-26-2015, 12:19 PM

It's an Australian thing.

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 12:20 PM

Your tears are delicious.

JBS24
02-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Pretty pathetic when players have to talk about their own legacy to try and stay relevant. Always having to diss another players skills or legacy and downplay their accomplishments so he can get his 15 minutes of fame again.

Not even a lebron fan but mj just needs to stfu.

How about mj worries about getting his team actually making the playoffs. Instead of lebron or any other player threatening his legacy

AJT003
02-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Jordan is the greatest of ALL TIME period, why though? There have been players just as physically gifted, and some perhaps ever more so..I.E. Lebron James.

The only way I can explain it is by using a modern age reference, being many of you are young. So what made Jordan so great? It's his heart and passion for the game, he hated and I mean hated losing. The only player I see play now days who has Jordans level of passion, and heart is Russell Westbrook, Imagine taking away Lebrons personality and inserting Russell's personality into Lebrons body. NIGHTMARE he would destroy people and I mean destroy people.

That's what Jordan had a drive, a anger, a fire within much the same that Russell Westbrook has today.

w0BQKX_lszY

MiamiLife305
02-26-2015, 06:00 PM
ITT : Women gossiping about celebrities

broboma2012
02-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Jordan is the greatest of ALL TIME period, why though? There have been players just as physically gifted, and some perhaps ever more so..I.E. Lebron James.

The only way I can explain it is by using a modern age reference, being many of you are young. So what made Jordan so great? It's his heart and passion for the game, he hated and I mean hated losing. The only player I see play now days who has Jordans level of passion, and heart is Russell Westbrook, Imagine taking away Lebrons personality and inserting Russell's personality into Lebrons body. NIGHTMARE he would destroy people and I mean destroy people.

That's what Jordan had a drive, a anger, a fire within much the same that Russell Westbrook has today.

w0BQKX_lszY

that is a great comparison. westbrook just doesn't have the same tools.

sm1zzle
02-26-2015, 06:19 PM
that is a great comparison. westbrook just doesn't have the same tools.

I know people will strongly disagree...but I'd take Westbrook over Steph Curry.

Let the tears fall.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2012/06/06/0606westthumbx-large.jpg

JBS24
02-26-2015, 07:59 PM

w0BQKX_lszY

No doubt MJ is the GOAT. But he doesnt need to be so salty and diss other players and downplay their game. He's already got the GOAT status and honestly nobody is currently threatening that. Maybe AD when its all said and done. Hes the only current player i could see giving MJ a run for his money.

But srsly. Mj is just looking insecure af. You dont see other goats like joe Montana dissing every good QB saying they would be scrubs in his era. He actually give players props.

sdballer5588
02-26-2015, 08:09 PM
I know people will strongly disagree...but I'd take Westbrook over Steph Curry.

Let the tears fall.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2012/06/06/0606westthumbx-large.jpg

Dear SpiderSense,

No one cares.

Sincerely,
Everyone

cashinout
02-26-2015, 08:44 PM

w0BQKX_lszY

what an asinine thing to post
lebron is just as competitive as MJ without needing to be an insecure phaggot who lashes out because of his insecurities

brb 5 finals apperances before the age of 30, but the dude has no drive, none

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
lebron is just as competitive as MJ without needing to be an insecure phaggot who lashes out because of his insecurities

Lol @ trying to make that sound good. 5 appearances in the embarrassingly weak East surrounded by star players, 3 finals losses.

There's no defending that.

Daewoo_Lanos
02-26-2015, 09:10 PM

lol @ jordan punching 3 of his teammates in less than a decade and then calling an 18 year old kid that he drafted #1 a phaggot during his first practice. what an insecure phaggot bully piece of chit.

cashinout
02-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Lol @ trying to make that sound good. 5 appearances in the embarrassingly weak East surrounded by star players, 3 finals losses.

There's no defending that.

your level of comprehension is laughable
i'm talking about the guy's drive to win championships

lol @ jordan punching 3 of his teammates in less than a decade and then calling an 18 year old kid that he drafted #1 a phaggot during his first practice. what an insecure phaggot bully piece of chit.

this x100

people who flock on jordan's nuts are masochistic as fuk

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 09:15 PM
your level of comprehension is laughable
i'm talking about the guy's drive to win championships

Your pathetic attempts to defend a guy with a history of quitting is the thing that is laughable. No more tears.

cashinout
02-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Your pathetic attempts to defend a guy with a history of quitting is the thing that is laughable. No more tears.

you're defending a guy who retired 3x lmfao

Daewoo_Lanos
02-26-2015, 09:20 PM

lol @ jordan retiring every time chit got tough

DKPhenomenom
02-26-2015, 09:21 PM

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just pointing out how underwhelming LeMediocre's career has been. There's no need to get upset over facts.

cashinout
02-26-2015, 09:23 PM
lol @ jordan retiring every time chit got tough

lol even hard at this

http://i.imgur.com/sXOnl7m.png

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1912597_1912596_1912585,00.html

AJT003
02-26-2015, 09:51 PM

You are making assumptions about what I said, and reacting emotionally. Of course Lebron is driven, hes a professional athlete, and currently the best player in the NBA. Lebrons drive, and motivation is better than 99.9% of population it has to be, Jordan is that .01 % And thats what you have to be in order to be the greatest ever.

The ironic thing is the very traits that made him the greatest of all time likely torture him, I guarantee he wishes he could still play and compete against the likes of Lebron, its also what makes him make comments like he has about current NBA players. Those traits made him the greatest of all time, but they are also detrimental to his personality, as you can tell by his comments about current players, how he treated former teammates, and how he competed and probably still competes gambling.

broboma2012
02-27-2015, 07:02 AM
You are making assumptions about what I said, and reacting emotionally. Of course Lebron is driven, hes a professional athlete, and currently the best player in the NBA. Lebrons drive, and motivation is better than 99.9% of population it has to be, Jordan is that .01 % And thats what you have to be in order to be the greatest ever.

The ironic thing is the very traits that made him the greatest of all time likely torture him, I guarantee he wishes he could still play and compete against the likes of Lebron, its also what makes him make comments like he has about current NBA players. Those traits made him the greatest of all time, but they are also detrimental to his personality, as you can tell by his comments about current players, how he treated former teammates, and how he competed and probably still competes gambling.

he has said this much. aging must be particularly horrible to him. like you said i bet those same traits have made him a bad father and husband.