PDA

View Full Version : Struggling Vegetarian. Help!

shawnaaa16
02-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Hi all. I'm a vegetarian and I'm getting a little frustrated with finding good protein sources that aren't too high in carbs and also not too high in fats. I know plenty of protien sources for vegetarians, but now I'm tracking my macros more seriously because I am competing in my first bikini competition.

Consuming more protein than carbs at the moment is what I'm aiming for. However, it seems that so many vegetarian protein options have plenty of carbs, and if they don't have carbs they have a good amount of fat. I can't tell if I'm thinking too much lol but I thought if I reached out, maybe I could get some insight!

It would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

lee__d
02-24-2015, 06:29 AM
I would imagine it being hard to eat more protein than carbs as a vegetarian. I mean, I guess something like edamame would be your friend. Then the question becomes, why must you eat more protein than carbs?

ironwill2008
02-24-2015, 07:06 AM
Hi all. I'm a vegetarian and I'm getting a little frustrated with finding good protein sources that aren't too high in carbs and also not too high in fats. I know plenty of protien sources for vegetarians, but now I'm tracking my macros more seriously because I am competing in my first bikini competition.

Consuming more protein than carbs at the moment is what I'm aiming for. However, it seems that so many vegetarian protein options have plenty of carbs, and if they don't have carbs they have a good amount of fat. I can't tell if I'm thinking too much lol but I thought if I reached out, maybe I could get some insight!

It would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

First question; why are you eating a limited vegetarian diet?

WolfBeast
02-24-2015, 07:13 AM
If you need help with vegetarian prep diet shoot me a message a can help you out. On mobile cant message atm.

LazyBastard
02-24-2015, 07:34 AM
My wife likes to cook with this:

http://i.imgur.com/8M7VpLK.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/C5OFnAZ.jpg?1

I'm guessing you eat Seitan, sometimes, too?