PDA

View Full Version : Spike Insulin only after workouts advice?

TomasCorona
02-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I am new in here, it is nice to meet you all. I want tome advice on this topic. I am exercising 7 days a week, a mix between aerobics and muscle building. My goal right now is to cut as much fat as I can. I am lean now, I can see my abs but I am not at the point I wish to be yet.

My diet is mostly 50% Protein, 30% Carbs and 20% fat.

I been told that if I eat those carbs only after exercise it will work much better for me.
My worry is that if I don't eat any carbs prior to my exercise I don't know if I will have enough energy to go trough the whole routine.

Also I prefer not to take any supplements, not because I am 'anti supplements' it is just because the ones I can get in my country are really low quality and I really don't trust what they put it there.

If anyone can advice me on the insulin idea I will be very happy to learn.
Thanks.

KingTasty
02-22-2015, 10:18 AM
Eat the carbs when you prefer to.

SuffolkPunch
02-22-2015, 10:30 AM
The best advice about insulin is to pretend you don't know about it because it makes no difference in results to a non diabetic person. If you don't want to take this on faith, read the metastudy about nutrient timing in the pre/post workout sticky thread.

Also don't use ratios, just establish minimum levels for protein and fat (see macro calculation sticky thread) - meet or exceed these and fill the remaining calories with any combination of macros.

hvactech81
02-22-2015, 10:51 AM
great advice in here all ready, nutrient timing is about convenience and it wont make huge differences in meeting your goals...

TomasCorona
02-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Thanks a lot for the info. Specially the no ratio suggestion as that was my main focus when eating. I will read the suggested thread to learn more about it.

I will be back with more questions shortly ;)

The best advice about insulin is to pretend you don't know about it because it makes no difference in results to a non diabetic person. If you don't want to take this on faith, read the metastudy about nutrient timing in the pre/post workout sticky thread.

Also don't use ratios, just establish minimum levels for protein and fat (see macro calculation sticky thread) - meet or exceed these and fill the remaining calories with any combination of macros.

AFC96
02-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Insulin spiking used to work in the 90's.

Now it doesn't work anymore.