PDA

View Full Version : Preparing Meal Help/Advice

swood91
02-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Hey all,

I want to start preparing all my meals at the weekend (Or whenever really) for a week or longer all in one go.

Ingredients wise, i'm just looking to keep it simple and healthy with brown rice, veg, on occasion jacket potato and meat (I'll change up the meat and veg each time to keep it interesting). I am a useless cook and pretty new to anything that can't be microwaved. So my question is, what's the simplest way of cooking all this?

We have a slow cooker, but can i just bung all that in the slow cooker? Do i or should i use a sauce? Is there another way i should do it?... I told you i'm a useless cook!

Thanks in advance!

KingTasty
02-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Don't you prefere to eat ''fresh'' food? Search up some recipes of stuff that you like to eat, learn to cook, profit.

swood91
02-21-2015, 02:28 PM
I end up buying sandwiches and wraps at work, so I'd much rather have something that i've prepared that's healthy and can be done all in one go as i work late most nights.

digistp
02-21-2015, 02:37 PM
allrecipes.com is probably your best bet

in other news, http://evidencemag.com/clean-eating/

swood91
02-22-2015, 03:41 AM
Okay, i don't quite mean HEALTHY, but these meals would be a HEALTHIER alternative to shop bough sandwiches and wraps (Especially the ones from the shop i go to).

At least with these prepared meals i know exactly what's going in them and i get to ensure i like everything that goes in.

loganhart
02-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Okay, i don't quite mean HEALTHY, but these meals would be a HEALTHIER alternative to shop bough sandwiches and wraps (Especially the ones from the shop i go to).

At least with these prepared meals i know exactly what's going in them and i get to ensure i like everything that goes in.

I usually cook my lunches for the work week ahead of time. About 4 meals. Usually it consists of a combination of left overs and whatever I'm in the mood for.