PDA

View Full Version : Jameis Winston: I plan on winning the Super Bowl next year

HoganIsGOAT
02-20-2015, 07:26 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- College football fans know how much confidence Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston has in himself on and off the field.

Following the Heisman Trophy winner's session with the media at the NFL Scouting Combine on Friday, the league appears to have gotten their first taste at just how much faith he has in his abilities, thanks to a major proclamation.

"My job is to win games and, hopefully, win Super Bowls," Winston said. "This is not a competition between me and (Marcus) Mariota. One thing about me, I plan on winning the Super Bowl next year so it's going to be Jameis versus Peyton Manning, and Jameis versus Tom Brady."

With that in mind: Congrats, Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans!

During a media session in which he addressed concerns about his character and confirmed he will throw at the combine, Winston stopped short of campaigning for the No. 1 overall pick, as many expect him to be, but he did note how it would be a privilege to be the first name called by the commissioner in Chicago.

"This is my opportunity, and I know I have to take advantage of it. This is what I dream of," Winston said. "I dream of being a Hall of Famer one day."

It might be way too early for Super Bowl 50 predictions, but the top quarterback in the 2015 NFL Draft appears to have already booked his accommodations for the Bay Area next February.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472582/article/jameis-winston-i-plan-on-winning-the-super-bowl-next-year

Cliffs:

- Says his job is to win games and Superbowls
- Says this is not a competition between him and Mariota
- Says he will win the Superbowl next year, so it will be Winston versus (Peyton) Manning or Brady.

Saxbro
02-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Lol'd at including Manning for next year's Super Bowl.

Doober4
02-20-2015, 08:32 PM
I thought he had a good press conference.

dkburk
02-20-2015, 08:44 PM
I can't wait to bump this thread next February as he hoists the Lombardi! /sarcasm

FireMuschamp
02-20-2015, 08:52 PM
still trying to figure out what he said wrong....is he supposed to say he will not plan on winning games (including the one that everyone plays for) next year???

HoganIsGOAT
02-20-2015, 08:59 PM

Overall, sure. However, predicting a Superbowl win against the GOAT in his rookie season isn't a smart business move because you're basically setting yourself up for failure. He talked about winning games, which is good, but he should have just left it at that. Some may like that over the top confidence, but you can be confident without going overboard. The problem with his statement is that he's backing himself into a corner, where, right or wrong, his success will be at least partially based on the success of that statement. It's a no-win situation because it's not going to happen, which will make him appear to be nothing more than a big mouth.

He's in for a reality check in the NFL, in my opinion.

Doober4
02-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Overall, sure. However, predicting a Superbowl win against the GOAT in his rookie season isn't a smart business move because you're basically setting yourself up for failure. He talked about winning games, which is good, but he should have just left it at that. Some may like that over the top confidence, but you can be confident without going overboard. The problem with his statement is that he's backing himself into a corner, where, right or wrong, his success will be at least partially based on the success of that statement. It's a no-win situation because it's not going to happen, which will make him appear to be nothing more than a big mouth.

He's in for a reality check in the NFL, in my opinion.

Come on dude the only retards that are going to hold that comment against him are on ESPN and the sports misc. I took a lot more from that press conference most importantly he said this is the first year he has devoted himself full time as a QB.

If he achieved what he did juggling baseball and other things I think he can be great.

JameisForMVP
02-20-2015, 09:27 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166358661

scotyg
02-20-2015, 09:43 PM
i dont understand the problem

WarrNation
02-20-2015, 10:10 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~yeahyeah11/backfire.gif

BrawnySwoleman
02-20-2015, 10:35 PM
he skrong den

XeReaZ
02-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Famous Jameis gon goat

He might not win the super bowl next year but I can see him turning out to be a good qb.

YellowOnYellow
02-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Would take him with this attitude than some dude that says I don't want to win. No issue with me.

reverse79
02-21-2015, 03:43 AM
Would take him with this attitude than some dude that says I don't want to win. No issue with me.

Just like manziel and "im going to wreck this league"..right?

Winston is mirin stork's super bowl as a rookie

wildchild11
02-21-2015, 04:37 AM
Just like manziel and "im going to wreck this league"..right?

Winston is mirin stork's super bowl as a rookie

Manziel and Winston have very little in common

Winston won't be a untalented manlet in the browns backfield, 3strikes against manziel right there.

Vitamin0
02-21-2015, 05:05 AM
Lol @ hating on a guy for answering a question confidently. What else is he going to say? "I like losing."

Vitamin0
02-21-2015, 05:07 AM
Manziel and Winston have very little in common

Winston won't be a untalented manlet in the browns backfield, 3strikes against manziel right there.

This Manziel and Winston are nothing alike on the field. Off the field they're boneheads but we're talking actual football here.

CharolaisBull
02-21-2015, 05:10 AM
This is the guy that had that terrible performance against Oregon in the Rose Bowl?

DeshaunWatson
02-21-2015, 05:11 AM

He had a pretty good one. I was pissed because I was trying to get a good snap chat of him talking like an idiot. Guy let me down.

Dan916
02-21-2015, 05:12 AM
Every NFL QB will tell you the same thing

I gained respect for that idiot after that press conference.

HoganIsGOAT
02-21-2015, 05:22 AM
Lol @ hating on a guy for answering a question confidently. What else is he going to say? "I like losing."

As usual, you've missed the boat.

I do think he's like a Josh Freeman 2.0.

JameisForMVP
02-21-2015, 06:09 AM
This is the guy that had that terrible performance against Oregon in the Rose Bowl?

29-1 as a starter bitch

Also we fumbled it 4 times in one quarter, any team would've lost. It was a very close game headed to the wire until then, lol you're probably some phaggot who saw that gif and says he played bad from one play

Miked1978
02-21-2015, 06:56 AM
The hate for him is strong. Every thing he does publicly the haters always find fault rather he said anything controversial or not.

Reaching for straws big time on this one. Ask any player what they come to a team for and if they don't say to win a Super Bowl then that would be the real issue especially for a QB who will be the face of your franchise.

If you don't like Winston, fine its easy not to, but use one of his many other phuckups to talk about that actually might have some merit.

waytoodeep03
02-21-2015, 07:39 AM
Some people wish Cam Newton had the confidence of Winston.

Instead Newton looks like he wants to jump off a cliff after a loss.

02-21-2015, 07:44 AM
I'm fine with it. Bold prediction, sure, but it does send the right message

Postmort3m
02-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Some people wish Cam Newton had the confidence of Winston.

Instead Newton looks like he wants to jump off a cliff after a loss.

You mean after a bad play

-MarcusD-
02-21-2015, 08:36 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/AgedParallelAtlanticsharpnosepuffer.gif