PDA

View Full Version : BCAA & Intermittent Fasting

Dkcargo
02-18-2015, 12:55 PM
How necessary are they if I am training in a fasted state? Trying to limit the amount of supplements that I am taking...

Currently taking creatine, protein powder, and fish oil. Would prefer to save money if possible on the BCAA but if they are crucial to this style of training I will bite the bullet and purchase some.

asrsxs1
02-18-2015, 01:13 PM
How necessary are they if I am training in a fasted state? Trying to limit the amount of supplements that I am taking...

Currently taking creatine, protein powder, and fish oil. Would prefer to save money if possible on the BCAA but if they are crucial to this style of training I will bite the bullet and purchase some.

i personally don't consider it fasted state if you take bcaa. if you were to get blood work done they wouldn't want you to take a vitamin or anything before hand, same deal your still putting substrate into your body and creating an insulin response. if your going to take bcaa may as well get a complete protein and just have a protein shake.

Dkcargo
02-18-2015, 01:21 PM
I was under the impression that they don't have any calories? And even if they did it seems like they wouldn't really affect your insulin levels.

It's really common for people to take BCAA's before training in a fasted state to preserve that muscle. I was just wondering how necessary it is if i'm trying to save some money (currently unemployed).

gbullock32
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM
BCAA are protein and do have calories; you will be fine without a supp for them, save the money.

snorkelman
02-18-2015, 01:29 PM
I was under the impression that they don't have any calories? .

wrong.

BCAAs have approx 4-5 calories per gram. It depends on the exact ratio of your product.

rhadam
02-18-2015, 01:33 PM
i personally don't consider it fasted state if you take bcaa. if you were to get blood work done they wouldn't want you to take a vitamin or anything before hand, same deal your still putting substrate into your body and creating an insulin response. if your going to take bcaa may as well get a complete protein and just have a protein shake.

lol wut?

Dkcargo
02-18-2015, 01:35 PM
BCAA are protein and do have calories; you will be fine without a supp for them, save the money.

Thx for the advice

wrong.

BCAAs have approx 4-5 calories per gram. It depends on the exact ratio of your product.

Understood. How necessary do you think they are when training in a fasted state? In other words are they worth the money?

JimiJackson
02-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Thx for the advice

Understood. How necessary do you think they are when training in a fasted state? In other words are they worth the money?

If you workout in the morning on an empty stomach they are a good investment.

gbullock32
02-19-2015, 12:28 AM
Thx for the advice

Understood. How necessary do you think they are when training in a fasted state? In other words are they worth the money?They can be of benefit, but assuming you reach your protein minimums each day you would be fine without them.