PDA

View Full Version : Calories and "weight" loss

SPC_Kurtz
02-16-2015, 06:42 AM
So at the moment I'm pretty dat gum strict about my calories. I take in 1,888 a day. I haven't lifted in about 4 years and have become a fat-body. I stated a full body program and do it 3 times a week, M/W/F. Just weighed in after a full week and I'm up 2lbs....... I've done some research and seen articles talking about gaining this due to water and glycogen but I wanted another opinion. Before when I lifted I was thin so gaining weight was great but now I'm trying to loose FAT and gain muscle. Is gaining 2lbs after my first week due to me doing something wrong or what?

PS: I didn't drink much water before starting to get back in shape either.

SuffolkPunch
02-16-2015, 08:09 AM
It's water and glycogen.

You should drink as much water as you want to - your body flushes what it doesn't need. Remember you are trying to lose fat, not trick the bathroom scales.

It won't continue. You may find that your weight loss is slower with weight training in the mix because you are losing less muscle tissue (muscle gives up its mass more cheaply than fat).

SPC_Kurtz
02-16-2015, 08:55 AM
It's water and glycogen.

You should drink as much water as you want to - your body flushes what it doesn't need. Remember you are trying to lose fat, not trick the bathroom scales.

It won't continue. You may find that your weight loss is slower with weight training in the mix because you are losing less muscle tissue (muscle gives up its mass more cheaply than fat).

Yeah I understand the importance of water so I just down it at a healthy rate. Ha, In essence this is the first time I've ever worked out to get into shape and clean off that dirty fat. Thanks for the input mate.