PDA

View Full Version : What are state schools actually teaching children?

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 02:34 PM
- TRUTH comes from authority
- INTELLIGENCE is the ability to remember and REPEAT information
- Repetition and CONFORMITY are rewarded
- Non-compliance is punished
- The ability to work repetitively is of more importance than acting morally and understanding the difference between RIGHT and WRONG
- Obeying authority is a virtue

And we wonder why they're so many statists and so few anarchists in the world today?

And we call this S HITE "education". It's software program indoctrination that has got NOTHING to do with educating children.

Spartan5364
02-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Scientists destroy truth
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
potatoes destroy R/P

GreatOldOne
02-14-2015, 02:39 PM
OP it's ok.

I've discussed the issue with the reptilians and the decision is you will not have children.

Nothing to worry about.

Carry on.

tsbalr120
02-14-2015, 02:55 PM
And we wonder why they're so many statists and so few anarchists in the world today?

Massive lulz were had.

OP master troll

Dave22reborn
02-14-2015, 03:06 PM
OP it's your own fault that you're not living the life you want to live, quit blaming "the system" for your failures.

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Four statists with nothing of value to offer to a thread which challenges their state sponsored indoctrination. Now, there's a surprise.

Hey, Spartan 5364, FAKE CHRISTIAN. The irony is that you WORSHIP Christ present day, but back when he was busy defying and challenging authority, you'd have been screaming to nail the man to a cross. Pissing and spitting on him, laughing at him for his views.

Your lord and saviour was an anarchist.

You're a joke, kid.

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 03:10 PM
OP it's your own fault that you're not living the life you want to live, quit blaming "the system" for your failures.

I can't live the life I want to live because you FORCE your values upon mine with the threat of violence for not complying.

Conscience, exercise it for once maybe?

GreatOldOne
02-14-2015, 03:15 PM
OP the reptilians are not so bad.

Their scales look rough but they are silky smooth.

http://overthemoonscifi.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/reptilians.jpg

I6rAkfSDBeo

GreatOldOne
02-14-2015, 03:16 PM
I can't live the life I want to live because you FORCE your values upon mine with the threat of violence for not complying.

That's right. Just know it's done for your personal benefit. That's key.

Another key is anticipating your future violence and trying to prevent that.

Again, for your own benefit.

Sure, as long as you live the kind of life that fits with my conscience.

IronRooster2
02-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Damn it feels good to be a statist
Feedin' the poor and helpin out wit they bills
Although I was born in Jamaica
Now I'm in the US makin' deals

I mean one that you don't really know
Ridin' around town in a drop-top Benz
Hittin' switches in my black six-fo'

Now gangsta-ass statists come in all shapes and colors
Some got killed in the past
But this statist here is a smart one
Started living for the lord and I'll last

Now all I gotta say to you
Wannabe, gonnabe, *****-*****' **********' prankstas
When the **** jumps off what the **** you gonna do?

GreatOldOne
02-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Four statists with nothing of value to offer to a thread which challenges their state sponsored indoctrination. Now, there's a surprise.

Hey, Spartan 5364, FAKE CHRISTIAN. The irony is that you WORSHIP Christ present day, but back when he was busy defying and challenging authority, you'd have been screaming to nail the man to a cross. Pissing and spitting on him, laughing at him for his views.

Your lord and saviour was an anarchist.

You're a joke, kid.

You've not raised a challenge, but rather presented your own confusion.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

http://charmedyogi.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/yoda-meditating.jpg

I have a practical exercise for you. Are you ready?

* Pretend you live in an anarchy already. Right now. You're in anarchy heaven as you read this. That will prepare you for whatever is going to happen when you pretend to actually enact an anarchy IRL.

jtaylor2010
02-14-2015, 03:23 PM
- The ability to work repetitively is of more importance than acting morally and understanding the difference between RIGHT and WRONG

And we call this S HITE "education". It's software program indoctrination that has got NOTHING to do with educating children.

How would you educate children??

If you want to be an anarchist go live off the grid and fist yourself

IronRooster2
02-14-2015, 03:24 PM
But seriously, learned lots of things in school:

* Basic math, without which I'd be no better than a helpless turtle.
* Human beings are incredibly boring and uninteresting on the whole.
* The configuration of meat that women posses does unfair things to the lizard regions of my brain.
* Programming crappy/awesome ASCii games on a TI-82 calculator during class was the most productive larval years of my life.
* Working overtime without pay is stupid, so if homework is required to grade highly, then a low grade is the sign of a logical person.

nutsy54
02-14-2015, 03:26 PM
It's funny when people who don't know the definition of "statist" feel the need to throw around the word "statist". :D

Dave22reborn
02-14-2015, 03:39 PM

Accept some responsibility, and blame yourself for your bitter, worthless existence.

jtaylor2010
02-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Accept some responsibility, and blame yourself for your bitter, worthless existence.

This.

If my values tell me you shouldn't break in people's houses, then you're damn right I'm gonna use violence to impose my values on you if you break into my house.

nutsy54
02-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Just for fun, please tell us how you want to live your life, which has been blocked by FORCE and the threat of violence....

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 03:53 PM
How would you educate children??

If you want to be an anarchist go live off the grid and fist yourself

I'd start by educating them on the difference between right and wrong, i.e. - INITIATED aggression and violence is ALWAYS wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/WwVAi8H.jpg

Above image illustrates this perfectly. Do not INITIATE violence towards others ("do not fire unless fired upon"), but if another man or group act violently towards you, respond with force and defend yourself (a natural right).

What it means to act morally. How valuable of an asset empathy is and how to exercise it in daily life.

Perhaps, first and foremost, we should educate our children on how to behave as moral beings so that we can create a moral society not inherently based in violence (current society we live in). Then, creativity and true innovation will naturally flourish afterwards.

'Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.' - Albert Einstein

How the education system should be^^^^^^^^^ How the indoctrination system really is:

I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers. - J D Rockefeller

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Just for fun, please tell us how you want to live your life, which has been blocked by FORCE and the threat of violence....

I don't want armed thugs in blue knocking at my door threatening me with imprisonment (where thousands of men are raped every year) for choosing not to fund your military intervention (invasion) of Middle Eastern countries.

That would be a start.

GreatOldOne
02-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately 'initiated' is relative so you can go ahead and throw out your worldview OP unless you want to start with the cause of the universe.

Any other words of wisdom?

I'm assuming no...

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 03:57 PM
This.

If my values tell me you shouldn't break in people's houses, then you're damn right I'm gonna use violence to impose my values on you if you break into my house.

If I broke into your house that would mean I would be INITIATING violence against you and threatening your livelihood. You have every right to defend yourself with force.

jtaylor2010
02-14-2015, 04:00 PM
I'd start by educating them on the difference between right and wrong, i.e. - INITIATED aggression and violence is ALWAYS wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/WwVAi8H.jpg

Above image illustrates this perfectly. Do not INITIATE violence towards others ("do not fire unless fired upon"), but if another man or group act violently towards you, respond with force and defend yourself (a natural right).

What it means to act morally. How valuable of an asset empathy is and how to exercise it in daily life.

Perhaps, first and foremost, we should educate our children on how to behave as moral beings so that we can create a moral society not inherently based in violence (current society we live in). Then, creativity and true innovation will naturally flourish afterwards.

How the education system should be^^^^^^^^^ How the indoctrination system really is:

Kids do learn that they can't be violent towards others, or else you get kicked out of the system. They also teach math, reading, and critical thinking skills. So you're basically just complaining because it's structured and part of the system.

jtaylor2010
02-14-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't want armed thugs in blue knocking at my door threatening me with imprisonment (where thousands of men are raped every year) for choosing not to fund your military intervention (invasion) of Middle Eastern countries.

That would be a start.

But you want access to all the things that benefit you that are paid for by taxes right???

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Kids do learn that they can't be violent towards others, or else you get kicked out of the system. They also teach math, reading, and critical thinking skills. So you're basically just complaining because it's structured and part of the system.

What "subject" in school teaches children the fundamental difference between right and wrong? There isn't one. If kids were taught the difference between right and wrong that would mean their state sponsored schooling would cease to exist.

You realise the state is INHERENTLY VIOLENT and they INITIATE acts of aggression to THOUSANDS of people on a daily basis? An example I listed earlier. If I don't want to fund nutsy and his military intervention in other countries (Initiated aggression and violence in other countries resulting in the deaths of thousands), the police will come breaking into my house (initiated aggression and violence - wrong) and throw me into a cage.

If children were taught in school the difference between right and wrong, rather than believing authority is right and non-conforming to authority is wrong, the state as you know it wouldn't exist at all.

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 04:12 PM
But you want access to all the things that benefit you that are paid for by taxes right???

What are taxes?

I'll ask you a simple question. Do I, under ANY circumstances, have the RIGHT to forcibly take 20 percent or so of YOUR earned wages at the end of each month and threaten you with violence if you decide not to pay me? Are there any circumstances which would give me the RIGHT to do this to you? Or is that act of aggression and theft inherently wrong? It doesn't matter if I claim that 20 percent I tax from you I'm going to spend on your health care, or your gardening or what ever, I do not have the RIGHT to forcibly take the fruits of your earned labour from you.

If one individual does not have the right to do such a thing, then NO ONE or no group of people (politicians) have the right to do these things - they are inherently wrong - regardless of what justifications they use for STEALING your earned money (building roads etc etc).

Another question - if taxation wasn't forced upon you, would you pay it?

jtaylor2010
02-14-2015, 04:13 PM
What "subject" in school teaches children the fundamental difference between right and wrong? There isn't one. If kids were taught the difference between right and wrong that would mean their state sponsored schooling would cease to exist.

You realise the state is INHERENTLY VIOLENT and they INITIATE acts of aggression to THOUSANDS of people on a daily basis? An example I listed earlier. If I don't want to fund nutsy and his military intervention in other countries (Initiated aggression and violence in other countries resulting in the deaths of thousands), the police will come breaking into my house (initiated aggression and violence - wrong) and throw me into a cage.

If children were taught in school the difference between right and wrong, rather than believing authority is right and non-conforming to authority is wrong, the state as you know it wouldn't exist at all.

Let me guess.....you're 17, right?

But you said if someone attacks you then THEY initiated the violence, so you have a right to fight back. And like I said kids are taught in every class that they can't carry out violence against others. Plus if the state ceased to exist our quality of life would go way down. Like I said if you really wanted to live in that world you would go live off the grid and stop crying about it(or at least only cry about it to other people off the grid if you lived in a community). But you obviously don't care about it that much....or maybe you just enjoy the benfits of living in the grid so much that you're willing to sacrifice your morals for comfort.

tsbalr120
02-14-2015, 04:14 PM

That would be a start.

Nobody is threatening you with violence to not renounce your citizenship and leave our lands If you don't like it.

nutsy54
02-14-2015, 04:16 PM

That would be a start.
When your position can only be defended with wild-ass exaggerations, it's basically failed ;)

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Let me guess.....you're 17, right?

But you said if someone attacks you then THEY initiated the violence, so you have a right to fight back. And like I said kids are taught in every class that they can't carry out violence against others. Plus if the state ceased to exist our quality of life would go way down. Like I said if you really wanted to live in that world you would go live off the grid and stop crying about it(or at least only cry about it to other people off the grid if you lived in a community). But you obviously don't care about it that much....or maybe you just enjoy the benfits of living in the grid so much that you're willing to sacrifice your morals for comfort.

My age is of no concern and if you had any wits about you, you'd realise that age is no indication of wisdom - there are 60+ year old men that are racist in today's society. But no, I'm much older than 17.

Children are not taught the difference between right and wrong AT ALL. What does the authority figure say when a fight breaks out in the school yard? Some thing along these lines:

"I'm not interested in WHO STARTED IT (who initiated the act of violence), you're both in trouble and going to the headmasters office for punishment". That is not educating our children on the difference between right and wrong. The ONLY thing that matters in that situation is which kid STARTED IT. Which child initiated the act of violence towards the other, and which child used force to defend himself appropriately.

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 04:20 PM
When your position can only be defended with wild-ass exaggerations, it's basically failed ;)

That's not an exaggeration, that is literally what happens.

wgoodman
02-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Nobody is threatening you with violence to not renounce your citizenship and leave our lands If you don't like it.

They are not YOUR lands. You do not own it. This land does not belong to you. Long after you've perished other persons will live on the land you live on now - and they don't own it either.

GreatOldOne
02-14-2015, 04:23 PM
They are not YOUR lands. You do not own it. This land does not belong to you. Long after you've perished other persons will live on the land you live on now - and they don't own it either.

Are you beginning to understand the concept of ownership comes with a society and rule of law and force of law?

Do you want to own the moon?

Go ahead and try...

Nobody is going to stop you.

kratosbrah
02-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Scientists destroy truth

lmao @ this pseudo-intellectual babble.

tsbalr120

As a society we own the land and have a set of rules to be on the land. You are free to leave if you don't want to follow the rules.

lsiberian
Didn't know my wife was a brainwasher OP. Trying to teach the minions to read is hard enough I can't imagine where she finds the time to indoctrinate them.

nutsy54
02-14-2015, 04:30 PM
That's not an exaggeration, that is literally what happens.
So... You honestly believe that underpaying your income taxes by less than 2% will result in arrest & imprisonment where you'll be raped?

Sure, no exaggeration at all :cool:

dweeegs
02-14-2015, 04:53 PM
* Programming crappy/awesome ASCii games on a TI-82 calculator during class was the most productive larval years of my life.

Oh god I remember these. Mario/racing games on my TI calc were my jam.

OP, I don't know what you're going on about

Dave22reborn
02-14-2015, 05:03 PM
You anarchists really need to get some new material instead of regurgitating the same bull**** over and over again.

40ozDrank
02-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Op your argument is flaw. 6-7 hours in school, weekly kids spend more time out than in. Your environment, family, neighborhood, shape you and your thoughts. Your "daycare" does not.

NateTheGood
02-14-2015, 06:41 PM
In Canada our glorious "first openly gay woman premier" has hired ****philes and sex offenders to come to public schools to teach third graders how to use strap ons and anal beads. She has also made it illegal for parents to opt their kids out. Coming soon to a state school near you.

NateTheGood
02-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Also to the individual who negged me for my statements posted above: "If any of this becomes true I will rep you for life":

-Kathleen Wynne is implementing new sex-ed curriculum in Ontario schools beginning in 2015.
-Children will be taught about Sexual Organs (Grade 1), Gender as social construct and Homosexuality (Grade 3), Masturbation (Grade 6), Anal, Oral, and Sex Toys (Grade 7)
-Curriculum was designed by Former Education Minister Benjamin Levin, who is currently being charged for 7 counts of making and distributing child pornography
-Legislation has been passed for Catholic Schools not to be able to opt out, legislation is currently being drafted by Liberals for no parental opt-outs whatsoever which will cite the recent law created in Alberta

You can start those reps for life whenever you've recharged.

dweeegs
02-14-2015, 09:10 PM
-Children will be taught about Sexual Organs (Grade 1), Gender as social construct and Homosexuality (Grade 3), Masturbation (Grade 6), Anal, Oral, and Sex Toys (Grade 7)

What an odd age range. Starts too early and finishes too late. Jam it into one year of a laughter-filled 4th grade class and it'd be much better. That's when sex ed normally is right? Somewhere around there? Anyways, do that and throw away the gender social construct thing. Bam perfect

IronRooster2
02-14-2015, 09:21 PM
California sex ed via ~2000 was in the 7th grade. Which is maybe a year too late. I think it's more or less the right time. Everybody's been blasted with puberty for at least a year by then.

What are taxes?

What is profit? Does anyone have the right to steal 70% of a laborer's contribution to society, or steal 30% of a customer's money?

What is rent? Does anyone have the right to 75% of a man's earnings by virtue of holding the threat of banishment over his head? (And banishment from society means death, remember. If only in the war of reproduction)

These seem like really obvious things. That they're not common knowledge may be a function of sexual selection - any deviant unwilling to become a serf is weeded out of the gene pool naturally. Foxes can be domesticated in 7 generations, so what's that mean for we who've had civilization for ~40,000 years?

tsbalr120
02-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Also to the individual who negged me for my statements posted above: "If any of this becomes true I will rep you for life":

-Kathleen Wynne is implementing new sex-ed curriculum in Ontario schools beginning in 2015.
-Curriculum was designed by Former Education Minister Benjamin Levin, who is currently being charged for 7 counts of making and distributing child pornography
-Legislation has been passed for Catholic Schools not to be able to opt out, legislation is currently being drafted by Liberals for no parental opt-outs whatsoever which will cite the recent law created in Alberta

You can start those reps for life whenever you've recharged.

Lol wtf.

No way parents shouldn't be able to opt out.

irondork
02-15-2015, 04:18 AM
I tried to compare this description to how a religious institution would present it's own curriculum.

I can't picture it being any other way - aside from the version of fodder being presented as "duh troof!"

kusok
02-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Lol wtf.

No way parents shouldn't be able to opt out.

You can always leave.

Sublime82
02-15-2015, 08:54 AM
In Canada our glorious "first openly gay woman premier" has hired ****philes and sex offenders to come to public schools to teach third graders how to use strap ons and anal beads. She has also made it illegal for parents to opt their kids out. Coming soon to a state school near you.

This made me interested, so I read the offending parts of the 2010 curriculum.

http://canadianvalues.ca/ICV/health18curr2010.pdf

1) You're making a rather large strawman; stop being so dramatic. The only thing this does is derail any actual meaningful discussion. The majority of the curriculum looks pretty standard and the parts you highlighted are only mentioned very briefly in passing.

2) While teachers are obligated to follow the curriculum, how they actually teach it is up to them. If they wish to de-emphasize certain concepts, they may do so. They don't read out the curriculum word for word nor follow it precisely to a letter.

The statements you made are also rather misleading. For example, the part where you imply it is teaching students to have oral, anal sex, etc.. is actually teaching about the importance of abstinence.

That said, parents should be able to opt out if they wish.

wgoodman
02-15-2015, 11:01 AM
You can always leave.

If you don't like it, remove your kids from school and go to somalia.

wgoodman
02-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Scientists destroy truth

lmao @ this pseudo-intellectual babble.

Intellectual? That's just common sense brah.

wgoodman
02-15-2015, 11:05 AM
I tried to compare this description to how a religious institution would present it's own curriculum.

I can't picture it being any other way - aside from the version of fodder being presented as "duh troof!"

That's because statism is a religion matey. One of the most popular religions on the planet.