PDA

View Full Version : Eating too much fruit? or too much calories?

GraceBeetss
02-07-2015, 11:32 PM
this may be a stupid question for some of you guys but i'm just trying to clear things up about eating toooo much fruit vs too much caloric intake. if i ate a large banana, four large strawberries, a cup of watermelon and a bunch of blueberries but adding them together is still under my total caloric intake requirements, so does that mean I'm still meeting my daily caloric requirements but not gaining weight instead?

determined4000
02-07-2015, 11:38 PM
iven how much you listed
as well as your ht and weight

netiher
eat more food

chemo29
02-08-2015, 12:07 AM
but who was protein?

LollyLifts2015
02-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Actuaaalllyy... Eating too much fruit is never wise anyway... Most fruit is high in sugar; especially the ones you listed. Watermelon and strawberries are LOADED with sugar. If you're going to eat a surplus of food - go with your veggies - especially greenery. The calories you hit, are going to more so come from sugar, which will store as fat if not used for energy. The fructose in sugar actually deprives you of feeling full so you're going to have to eat a lot more fruit in order to feel satiated. Go with more nutrient rich foods that'll fill you up - like your green friends that won't add to your waistline. :)

OT2000
02-08-2015, 08:22 AM
The servings you mention combine to maybe 300 calories. Not sure what you're worried about. Eat a balanced diet meeting your protein and fat macros first and fill in the gaps with whatever.

NMS3
02-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Fruit is good for you. I wouldn't worry about the sugar too much as long as you aren't eating 10 bananas a day, 5 apples, 2 bins of berries, etc.