PDA

View Full Version : How often to hit abs contest prep?

Scruffy77
02-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Was wondering how you guys approach ab training in contest prep. I know some people hit them every day but I like to do weighted ab movements and sometimes give them their own days w calves. Should I go for more frequency instead of weight?

TrinityRN
02-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Pre-contest abs are the same as whatever you do in the offseason.
Personally I just do a brief few sets on nonweighted abs 2-3x a week, but I spent about 2 years really building them up with heavy cable crunches.

Hardy1000
04-17-2015, 11:47 AM
In a video, Cory Gregory did 100-200 Sit ups with a 35lb plate behind his neck every night. Number may not be correct, but the jist is every day, training with weight

Scruffy77
04-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Any idea on how to hit them for peak weak? And if you should even hit them when pumping up?

hemi_n_cali
05-02-2015, 09:49 PM
The guy who said hit them the same you always did before "few times a wee"k got it right. As far as peak week goes. Same thing man. I personally don't use much weights that week but for at least a month sometimes two out I really concentrate on slowly contracting them and pushing the water away. IMO that last week your not going to failure just get a good pump 3-4 days that week. The leaner you are the less harder your going to have to flex them on stage. Don't make them so sore you can't hold it together on stage. Hopefully you been practicing posing because it easy to tell who does and who don't. Yes always get a pump in your abs before hitting the stage. Even obliques. Remember not to over pump them though.