PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to cashews too many bad?

SubWooferCooker
02-06-2015, 08:52 AM
I have been experimenting with my diet recently and im finding that i feel much better on moderate carb high fat high protein, 200g of carbs seems to be the perfect balance for me, 250 is ok but when i go over 300 even though i still hit my fat and protein minimums, i feel bloated and my skin seems to get oily and i just don't feel as good, i get cravings in between meals etc, but when i stick to around 200 carbs and up the fat's i feel noticeably better and don't get cravings between meals.

Ive been at 300+ carbs again for 3 days and the same feelings cravings bloatedness and oily skin has come back on day 3. im pretty sure this isn't a coincidence anymore as i have been alternating between high and moderate carbs for the past couple of weeks.

Now the thing is i have been relying on cashews for my fat's, mainly because i love them, 2 because they are full of good fat's and 3 because they have decent amount of protein, they do have some carb's but a higher fat ratio, im eating a good 150g-200g per day how bad is this?

rhadam
02-06-2015, 09:51 AM
It's usually a good idea to intake a variety of foods to meet our macros. However if you're seriously asking if nuts are bad for you... cmon man.

boo99
02-06-2015, 10:07 AM
prefer walnuts>cashews myself

gbullock32
02-06-2015, 10:30 AM
prefer walnuts>cashews myselfMacadamia nuts > all

boo99
02-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Macadamia nuts > all

I wait till they are on sale, prob. can buy in bulk cheaper, think Macadamia is the priciest of all the nuts but dam tasty

thinkgreen
02-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Once my old roommates dog snuck into my room and macked like a half pound of my cashews. Little ****.

OT2000
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Love cashews! I roast some and make Chinese food with them! Favorite nut- pistachios. Buy them in bulk at Costco almost weekly.

ShyGuyXS
02-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Just use common sense. If you're getting a majority of your calorie intake from cashews, then it might be a problem. A couple of servings, though, is great - nuts are one of my go-to snacks right now since I'm working on some gains. Cashews, pistachios, roasted almonds, peanut butter, and a few* white chocolate macadamia cookies here and there.

Go nuts!

(...Okay, that was terrible.)

desslok
02-06-2015, 11:14 AM
It's usually a good idea to intake a variety of foods to meet our macros. However if you're seriously asking if nuts are bad for you... cmon man.

This^ if you eat a variety, things tend to balance out as far os omega 3,6,9 etc. but if the majority of your fats come from one single food item then that may be something you want to look at.