PDA

View Full Version : Blazers vs Hawks Game Thread

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Get ready to change your twitter name to Haks...

Day1086
01-30-2015, 04:49 PM

Togles
01-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Gonna be tough for the Hawks. The Hawks two best on-ball defenders Demarre Carroll was out, and now his backup Sefalosha is out.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Gonna be tough for the Hawks. The Hawks two best on-ball defenders Demarre Carroll was out, and now his backup Sefalosha is out.

lol absolutely no injury excuses..

Batum has a fuked up wrist, Aldridge needs surgery on his thumb, missing our two best centers to injuries.

Just hoping for a good game throughout.

Togles
01-30-2015, 05:15 PM
lol absolutely no injury excuses..

Batum has a fuked up wrist, Aldridge needs surgery on his thumb, missing our two best centers to injuries.

Just hoping for a good game throughout.

True, but these losses have sprung up pretty unexpectedly as both figured to go this game. Not really sure the Hawks have another player that could qualify as a SF besides Korver on the roster.

Also, Aldridge has been pretty devastating since his wrist injury.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 05:18 PM
True, but these losses have sprung up pretty unexpectedly as both figured to go this game. Not really sure the Hawks have another player that could qualify as a SF besides Korver on the roster.

Also, Aldridge has been pretty devastating since his wrist injury.

true, just was point it out that injuries aren't a one way street here. LaMarcus has been playing better since his thumb injury, the rest aren't the case though. RoLo/Freeland are out. Batum has a wrist injury and is going through a divorce and has just been out of it all season with the exception of maybe two or three games.

Togles
01-30-2015, 05:33 PM
true, just was point it out that injuries aren't a one way street here. LaMarcus has been playing better since his thumb injury, the rest aren't the case though. RoLo/Freeland are out. Batum has a wrist injury and is going through a divorce and has just been out of it all season with the exception of maybe two or three games.

Yeah, lol, I'm aware. The Blazers are going through some issues at the moment..

This game is going to go down to the wire. I think the Blazers in Portland actually gave the Hawks their closest game during the streak (not mentioning the Pistons' miracle comeback in Detroit). This will definitely be the Hawks' biggest challenge to this point..

gswarrior510
01-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Lillard playing like a non all-star..

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Lillard playing like a non all-star..

Box score watcher confirmed.

Togles
01-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Does Aldridge get into MVP discussion soon? He is insanely good, and even better since his wrist injury.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Does Aldridge get into MVP discussion soon? He is insanely good, and even better since his wrist injury.

No wrist injury brah, that's Nic.

He needs surgery on his thumb.

Trapstar4.4
01-30-2015, 06:06 PM
clearly the blazers are out for blood. if the hawks pull this off. holyyy sht

and yes lma should be in the mvp discussion if he keeps playing like this. dude is on an absolute tear. hes that dude you dont want to see right now

gswarrior510
01-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Box score watcher confirmed.

lol he's throwing garbage passes and being passive as hell

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:10 PM
lol he's throwing garbage passes and being passive as hell

He's thrown some very bad passes but they are focusing more on him than LMA which is never really the case. Their defensive scheme has been to shut him down and they've done a good job defensively. He hasn't looked bad in my opinion with the exception of a couple really bad passes in the first quarter.

clearly the blazers are out for blood. if the hawks pull this off. holyyy sht

and yes lma should be in the mvp discussion if he keeps playing like this. dude is on an absolute tear. hes that dude you dont want to see right now

When he gets going it's insane. With his length and shooting form, no one can guard him outside of AD. So if he really gets going there isn't much most teams can do.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Damn I love Steve Blake now. Hated when we had him as a starting PG, but he's one of the better backup PGs in the NBA.

Togles
01-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Mike Scott is the Hawks' new Josh Smith in terms of love/hate on a play by play basis. I don't need to look, but I'm certain he has the highest touch to shoot ratio on the Hawks.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Damn, we got a game here.

Trapstar4.4
01-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Mike Scott is the Hawks' new Josh Smith in terms of love/hate on a play by play basis. I don't need to look, but I'm certain he has the highest touch to shoot ratio on the Hawks.

yep. i hate when he tries to play above his head. no more floaters!!!

this game is a heavyweight slugfest!

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Damn Lillard not hitting the big shots he normally does, been a real tough month for Lillard.

Lets go LA, carry us to victory.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Damn

GG Hawk brahs, hoping you phags sweep the East come playoff time.

FGCHENG
01-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Now I remember why the #1 seeded Pacers almost lost against the 8th seeded Hawks last year in the playoffs. No one saw this coming, but they're an extremely well coached team. If Hawks beat the Pacers last season, they could've made a strong run, who knows maybe even dethrone the Heat and face the Spurs in the Finals. This year they got a lot more healthier and more familiar with coach Budenholzer's system and because of that, they already tied last season's total win before all-star break. ****ing crazy.

ctownballer04
01-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Now I remember why the #1 seeded Pacers almost lost against the 8th seeded Hawks last year in the playoffs. No one saw this coming, but they're an extremely well coached team. If Hawks beat the Pacers last season, they could've made a strong run, who knows maybe even dethrone the Heat and face the Spurs in the Finals. This year they got a lot more healthier and because of that, they already tied last season's total win before all-star break. ****ing crazy.

They just play such consistent basketball, really impressive stuff.

Togles
01-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Damn

GG. Aldridge is a marauding monster who has just smacked the Hawks this year. We can't guard him. When Blazers get healthy, they will be an absolute load in the playoffs.

Trapstar4.4
01-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Damn

gg for sure
i dont want no part of the fcking blazers right now. best decision ever to have lma play through this.

Now I remember why the #1 seeded Pacers almost lost against the 8th seeded Hawks last year in the playoffs. No one saw this coming, but they're an extremely well coached team. If Hawks beat the Pacers last season, they could've made a strong run, who knows maybe even dethrone the Heat and face the Spurs in the Finals. This year they got a lot more healthier and more familiar with coach Budenholzer's system and because of that, they already tied last season's total win before all-star break. ****ing crazy.

yeah the writing was on the wall. before horford went down they were going strong early. 3rd seed in the east
i cant lie though, i didnt see it being this intense this year though. these guys are a load

GG. Aldridge is a marauding monster who has just smacked the Hawks this year. We can't guard him. When Blazers get healthy, they will be an absolute load in the playoffs.

yep makes you glad their in the west. if hes going to play like that, holy sht

Togles
01-30-2015, 07:10 PM
yep makes you glad their in the west. if hes going to play like that, holy sht

Yeah, Horford and Millsap are very good defenders. You would think they would have the quickness and strength to match-up pretty well defensively against him. Apparently not..

BoomhauerMane
01-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Good game GoatBlazers. Hopefully you phaggot hipsters get healthy and can win the west. Imagine a Hawks vs Blazers matchup in the Finals with everybody healthy? Hngggghhhh (No hate, love the Blazers and their organization, pulling for them in the West)

LikeAPhxRising
01-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Get ready to change your twitter name to Haks...

Damn opie/

Atlanta's name stayed the same.

Portland changed to bLazers though.