PDA

View Full Version : Revis is better than Sherman

NathanDrakebrah
01-26-2015, 01:58 PM
He actually follows the opposing teams best wr throughout the game

HoganIsGOAT
01-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Well they're 1 and 2, but Revis is better in my opinion.

sloan51
01-26-2015, 02:03 PM
not always. some weeks the gameplan is to put revis on the #2 guy and eliminate him completely. and then on the #1 guy they do double coverage with mccourty over the top.

fwiw, they are both near the top. and i would be more than happy to have either. its hard to judge CB vs CB.

squirrell751
01-26-2015, 02:03 PM
*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

notWilliam
01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
except Revis played LCB a lot this year and didnt exclusively shadow receivers this yr

NathanDrakebrah
01-26-2015, 02:28 PM
except Revis played LCB a lot this year and didnt exclusively shadow receivers this yr

Seahawks

SpiritFighter
01-26-2015, 02:36 PM
So? He also gets targeted and beat more. So that's kind of an irrelevant argument/statement to make. Now if he was running around the field and shutting people down, like Richard Sherman shuts his side of the field down, then you would have an argument.

KBaller33
01-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Didn't Sherman lead the NFL in picks while being the least targeted last year? He plays with the best DBs in the league with Kam and Thomas so he has help but that shouldn't take anything away from him. Rodgers challenged Sherman once in two whole games and that ended up as a pick. I haven't really paid attention to Revis this year so I can't judge him but if Revis is playing at the same level he was from 2009-2011, I'll pick him. If not, then Sherman. Both are clearly the two best though with Pat Peterson and Vontae Davis coming 3rd/4th

FireMuschamp
01-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Didn't Sherman lead the NFL in picks while being the least targeted last year? He plays with the best DBs in the league with Kam and Thomas so he has help but that shouldn't take anything away from him. Rodgers challenged Sherman once in two whole games and that ended up as a pick. I haven't really paid attention to Revis this year so I can't judge him but if Revis is playing at the same level he was from 2009-2011, I'll pick him. If not, then Sherman. Both are clearly the two best though with Pat Peterson and Vontae Davis coming 3rd/4th

that was because he thought he had a free play. (offsides wasnt called)

Shortstop36
01-26-2015, 03:16 PM
is revis even finna allow a catch in the super bowl? serious.... doug chip on his shoulder baldwin aint finna do ****

KBaller33
01-26-2015, 03:24 PM
that was because he thought he had a free play. (offsides wasnt called)

Ahh ok. So if that doesn't happen does Rodgers avoid him again?

cashinout
01-26-2015, 03:24 PM
revis is better

sherman's team has an overall defense that makes him look better than he is imo

Squid4Lyfe
01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
Pat Peterson

Dude was awful this year. I think he's still running around trying to find Julio Jones somewhere.

stfudonny
01-26-2015, 03:29 PM
revis is better

sherman's team has an overall defense that makes him look better than he is imo

so the team made all his interceptions for him?

leakypipe23
01-26-2015, 03:30 PM
My favorite part about these threads is all the supporting evidence provided.

cashinout
01-26-2015, 03:35 PM

nah but the team gets the momentum going, it sets the pace
how your team plays can affect how you play

PushPull21
01-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Strong perspective and opinions always on this topic.

FireMuschamp
01-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Ahh ok. So if that doesn't happen does Rodgers avoid him again?
he threw a TD to his side later in the game

stfudonny
01-26-2015, 03:41 PM
nah but the team gets the momentum going, it sets the pace
how your team plays can affect how you play

youre right....and the patriots are no strangers to momentum.

cashinout
01-26-2015, 03:44 PM
youre right....and the patriots are no strangers to momentum.

true, but strictly speaking on the defensive end, the seahawks are better and can win games with defense alone

new england defense is pretty damn good, but hawk's are the hawks because of their defense

Swept
01-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Revis gave up more yards, td and receptions while playing left corner

Sherman is the best right now.

leakypipe23
01-26-2015, 04:13 PM

The rub route Cobb ran along the back of endzone? You guys are funny.

ruskism
01-26-2015, 04:13 PM

no he didn't, that was a bust in coverage and was ET's fault.

pls someone post the screen shot so i can turn this phaggot red

Evolutionary1
01-26-2015, 04:53 PM
sherman gon get exposed this game

reverse79
01-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Sherman got owned by odell

So bad...he actually called a rookie " a good player"

EaglesBrah10
01-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Just from the eye test this year, it looked like Sherman got beat more often than he did last year. QB's still afraid to throw his way though so they didn't really capitalize on him getting beat.

AirJordanB
01-26-2015, 06:33 PM

It's pretty easy for Sherman to jump routes when he has safety help on nearly every down.

scotyg
01-26-2015, 06:48 PM
It's pretty easy for Sherman to jump routes when he has safety help on nearly every down.

show me where he has more safety help then revis

the pats main coverage (cover 1)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1525121/cover1_robber_gif.png

hawks' cover 3

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3931723/cover_3.PNG

ruskism
01-26-2015, 07:18 PM
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Aaron-Rodgers-13-yard-touchdown-to-Randall-Cobb/a56b7507-b8cb-4c92-a7ed-fd0af618ed67

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/51/files/2015/01/randall-cobb-nfl-nfc-championship-green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks1-850x560.jpg

that's on ET3 for the busted coverage.

firemachamp confirmed for retard

thanks, time to turn him red.

Phobaphobia
01-26-2015, 07:25 PM
It seemed like Sherman got beat a bit in the first 4-6 games but he has been lights out in the second half of the season. Revis has been great all year with a couple blip games (Ravens).

I'd personally take Revis but they're probably 1a 1b

reverse79
01-26-2015, 07:31 PM
It seemed like Sherman got beat a bit in the first 4-6 games but he has been lights out in the second half of the season. Revis has been great all year with a couple blip games (Ravens).

I'd personally take Revis but they're probably 1a 1b

because they played NOBODY with good receivers/good qb

reverse79
01-26-2015, 07:38 PM
seahawks played as many great quarterbacks as the patriots did.

lol..what

did you even see what I quoted?

sdballer5588
01-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Revis played better players. Sherman did just as well though, can't fault him for what he didn't have control over.

Would take either of them.

notWilliam
01-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Seahawks
lol @ your simpleton response man, you can do better than that.
One thing about Sherman is that he is one of the best in the league (at the cornerback position) at punishing mistakes evidenced by his high INT # despite limited targets.
Pats fans will be happy with Revis and Seahawks fans will be happy with Sherman.
If Sherman didnt have such a polarizing personality, more people would be slobbering over his dk

PP is nowhere near the top 5.

youre like a brainless parrot just repeating false information. just stfu srs.

FireMuschamp
01-26-2015, 08:10 PM
lol @ your simpleton response man, you can do better than that.
One thing about Sherman is that he is one of the best in the league (at the cornerback position) at punishing mistakes evidenced by his high INT # despite limited targets.
Pats fans will be happy with Revis and Seahawks fans will be happy with Sherman.
If Sherman didnt have such a polarizing personality, more people would be slobbering over his dk

PP is nowhere near the top 5.

youre like a brainless parrot just repeating false information. just stfu srs.
lol! this dummy cant read. i never said sherman gave up a TD, i said rodgers threw to his side of the field. there's a difference, kon clone. :D

leakypipe23
01-26-2015, 08:23 PM
lol! this dummy cant read. i never said sherman gave up a TD, i said rodgers threw to his side of the field. there's a difference, kon clone. :D

Uhhhhh barely, I guess. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015011800/2014/POST20/packers@seahawks#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000 000460074

KBaller33
01-26-2015, 09:11 PM

I think his personality has actually helped him with the respect he receives. If he didn't talk at all we would still probably know who he is but he wouldn't stand out, especially with that defense and more specifically the secondary. We for sure wouldn't be comparing him to Revis if he didn't talk as much. He's the most recognizable name on the whole team right now.

notWilliam
01-26-2015, 09:28 PM

then why mention it LOL.
honestly do you even read your posts before you submit them.

I think his personality has actually helped him with the respect he receives. If he didn't talk at all we would still probably know who he is but he wouldn't stand out, especially with that defense and more specifically the secondary. We for sure wouldn't be comparing him to Revis if he didn't talk as much. He's the most recognizable name on the whole team right now.
i think his marketability is 100x what it would be, but if he was humble, he'd be respected as a "key cog" in the defense.
with all of the nationally known plays hes made (houston int, sf game clinching int, among others) and the push towards more detailed metrics, he would easily be in the conversation without much people having a biased agenda against him

liftTENhard
01-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Revis is a lockdown corner........ plays one on one coverage, rarely gets safety help, and he always goes against the other teams top/best in the league WR's.
Sherman is a cover3 corner he usually plays on one side of the field , meaning, a team can always changed up formations and flip flop sides to avoid coverage (meaning put a bum on his side and avoid him).
Different schemes on defense, and different roles, hard to compare head to head.

but on that note

http://i.imgur.com/GgZ5aty.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wSa8Mhm.gif

leakypipe23
01-27-2015, 08:35 AM
That Benjamin grab was a hell of a catch by him. Sherm went for the pick instead of knocking it down.

People love to bring up the Hilton reception (which was more a miscommunication), the Roddy TD where he fell down, the Stevie Johnson TD, and now the OBJ catch.

Pretty remarkable he's had those four plays where he has been beat in his career. Sherm has 20 INTs since 2012, the 2nd place guy has 13.

scotyg
01-27-2015, 09:57 AM
show me where he has more safety help then revis

the pats main coverage (cover 1)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1525121/cover1_robber_gif.png

hawks' cover 3

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3931723/cover_3.PNG

Figured this wouldn't get a response

GrecoRoman
01-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Figured this wouldn't get a response

Thats not an accurate depiction of how the Patriots play cover 1. They shade the safety away from Revis outside of a handful of situations. The pick Flacco threw to end the divisional game was cover 1. Watch the way Harmon opens up to Ryans side of the field and start to drift from the get.

scotyg
01-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Thats not an accurate depiction of how the Patriots play cover 1. They shade the safety away from Revis outside of a handful of situations. The pick Flacco threw to end the divisional game was cover 1. Watch the way Harmon opens up to Ryans side of the field and start to drift from the get.

Kind of like what the hawks did with browner.

FireMuschamp
01-27-2015, 11:36 AM
then why mention it LOL.
honestly do you even read your posts before you submit them.

lol! you ended a question with a period...i could ask the same thing for you

GrecoRoman
01-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Kind of like what the hawks did with browner.

to a lesser extent, just have a look at both of those gifs. You can't tell in the 2nd one but the 1st one Sherm is clearly in Man and Earl Thomas is playing deep middle. It also shows that they will move Sherman around depending on the matchup and situation. In the 2nd one ODB runs an out and up and the safety flashes into the gif at the very last moment, If thats Revis, that safety would most likely be nowhere to be found. There is no doubt that Revis has a lot more responsibility scheme wise but I think Sherman is 1a with Revis being 1b. Revis is just a more versatile player.

cor030
01-27-2015, 12:11 PM
is revis even finna allow a catch in the super bowl? serious.... doug chip on his shoulder baldwin aint finna do ****

finna finna finna finna

fuk this gay earth