PDA

View Full Version : Wait.. Whaaaaaaaat? Josh Gordon Related

jross2021
01-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Has there ever been a witch hunt worse that the one the NFL and ESPN has on Josh Gordon? Yeah, he failed a drug test for real.. then he failed one with barely any in him, meaning he was probably just around people smoking and now he's banned from the NFL for a year for Alcohol?

Guy drank some alcohol and suddenly he has a problem and hopefully takes this year to acquire help they say. ****ing lol. 90% of america needs help apparently.

leakypipe23
01-26-2015, 12:29 PM
I read somewhere that he has failed a drug test every year since seventh grade......but yeah, total witch hunt, bro.

Carpig
01-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Has there ever been a witch hunt worse that the one the NFL and ESPN has on Josh Gordon? Yeah, he failed a drug test for real.. then he failed one with barely any in him, meaning he was probably just around people smoking and now he's banned from the NFL for a year for Alcohol?

Guy drank some alcohol and suddenly he has a problem and hopefully takes this year to acquire help they say. ****ing lol. 90% of america needs help apparently.

It violates the substance-abuse policy that was agreed to by Gordon, the players union, and the league.

He, like may others, may need more help but he was in violation of his employment contract. It takes some addicts years and multiple negative events before they come to the realization that help is needed.

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 01:04 PM

I cant tell if youre serious or not.

Barely any in him still counts. Pretty sure the rule is zero. Being around people who are smoking is equally stupid. The alcohol was probably because he was on a probationary period for failing so many drug tests that he was told to stay away from all abusable substances. He was informed of said probation and signed the paper. It is less that he drank alcohol but more that he broke his contract for the umpteenth billionth time. He is an idiot and should be dropped into a volcano. Replace drinking alcohol with riding a unicycle if you want. The punishment should and would be the same if he was caught riding a unicycle for like the 9th time.

Because he has so many violations he is therefore watched more vigilantly than other players on his team without the previous offenses. He knows he is under the microscope but continues to do the wrong thing. We all knew someone like this growing up, whether it was in school or otherwise. Josh Gordon is that guy, he just happens to have ridiculous football talent.

cashinout
01-26-2015, 01:07 PM
it isn't the substance, its the continuous disregard for the rules

jross2021
01-26-2015, 01:09 PM
I read somewhere that he has failed a drug test every year since seventh grade......but yeah, total witch hunt, bro.

Yeah and Joel Embiid is fat and 300 lbs. Don't believe everything you read.

The NFL demonizes marijuana more than any league on earth. Even the Olympics has a minimum to fail the test and Gordon was well below that. You could go to a concert and not smoke and you'd fail an NFL drug test. Gordon has been demonized by the NFL and media since day 1. It's a shame what they're doing to my boy.

lsiberian
01-26-2015, 01:20 PM

The NFL demonizes marijuana more than any league on earth. Even the Olympics has a minimum to fail the test and Gordon was well below that. You could go to a concert and not smoke and you'd fail an NFL drug test. Gordon has been demonized by the NFL and media since day 1. It's a shame what they're doing to my boy.

He was driving under the influence for his last suspension.

mk8
01-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Jross probably high af making this thread

gouscfootball
01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
The dumbass can't even get his **** together for more than a few days at a time when he knows he has prior suspensions and is on a zero tolerance policy. He would have been set to make millions, and now he won't make **** because he can't not drink or smoke for a little while. Not that I agree with the NFL's policy on weed and alcohol, but it's their policy and since he is getting paid millions he should follow it. Not that difficult. He deserves every punishment he gets form here on out.

PushPull21
01-26-2015, 01:55 PM
No matter the drug if they guy can't stay clean when his work tells him to he has a problem. A lot of employers have limitations on things and don't want there employees doing certain things (i.e. drugs, illegal stuff, etc...). Somebody who doesn't have a problem is going to hear "you can't do ______ " and say okay as well as not do it.

Dude doesn't seem to be the brightest guy, but come on man. Back to the car dealership he goes.

4armsrhuge
01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
yeah banishing this dude from the NFL is definitely going to help him out.. lets all remember the dude was caught with marijuana.. not crack, not cocaine, heroin, pills.. marijuana.. lmfao nfl drug policy is a joke

leakypipe23
01-26-2015, 02:39 PM

*****://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/559456909170724864

Regardless of how you feel about weed/booze, these are the rules he agreed to, and is a ****ing idiot for throwing his career away.

01-26-2015, 02:44 PM
If you think this is a witch hunt then you must not be aware of his previous rule violations. He had it coming to him, he'll be out of the league in the next three years.

Stupid thread

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 03:22 PM
yeah banishing this dude from the NFL is definitely going to help him out.. lets all remember the dude was caught with marijuana.. not crack, not cocaine, heroin, pills.. marijuana.. lmfao nfl drug policy is a joke

Your feelings about weed/alcohol are irrelevant. As are his. Those are the rules he agreed to. He keeps breaking them. Go ahead and try to violate your company's rules and regulations like seven times and see if you dont get punished, if not fired.

jross2021
01-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Your feelings about weed/alcohol are irrelevant. As are his. Those are the rules he agreed to. He keeps breaking them. Go ahead and try to violate your company's rules and regulations like seven times and see if you dont get punished, if not fired.

time to ban the whole league for PED's then.

chlaxman
01-26-2015, 03:28 PM
On one hand, suspending people for smoking weed and drinking is just stupid (unless they get a DUI or something).
On the other hand, if you know you're getting tested all the time like him you need to stop. Not being able to stop or refusing to stop is a problem.

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 03:31 PM
time to ban the whole league for PED's then.

Fine with me.

jross2021
01-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Fine with me.

It'll just be Tannehill and a bunch of d3 athletes. Maybe he will be a top 15 QB then. Ayyyyyyyy

cashinout
01-26-2015, 03:33 PM
On one hand, suspending people for smoking weed and drinking is just stupid (unless they get a DUI or something).
On the other hand, if you know you're getting tested all the time like him you need to stop. Not being able to stop or refusing to stop is a problem.

but he wasn't suspended for either of those things
he was suspended for breaking set rules lol

i was one of the first to give this guy a break last year because it was only weed, but come on man

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 03:37 PM
It'll just be Tannehill and a bunch of d3 athletes. Maybe he will be a top 15 QB then. Ayyyyyyyy

http://media.giphy.com/media/JYDAu1dFjSz5u/giphy.gif

chlaxman
01-26-2015, 03:41 PM

i was one of the first to give this guy a break last year because it was only weed, but come on man

I think we're on the same page...

Swept
01-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Wasn't he on some type of zero tolerance deal

Either way if you can't give up weed for millions of dollars your a dumb pos.

jross2021
01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Wasn't he on some type of zero tolerance deal

Either way if you can't give up weed for millions of dollars your a dumb pos.

he did. He got caught the 2nd time with a trace amount, meaning he could have been at a concert or something and someone seats away was smoking. And this time he got caught with Alcohol. We 18 now?

PushPull21
01-26-2015, 04:18 PM
he did. He got caught the 2nd time with a trace amount, meaning he could have been at a concert or something and someone seats away was smoking. And this time he got caught with Alcohol. We 18 now?

Simple as if your work says no alcohol and it is in the contract you have to follow it. He had previous history as well. It is like somebody on probation with the legal system, they usually are not suppose to drink alcohol.

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 04:52 PM

Again, I cant tell if youre serious. If you're not drunk or high right now, urine idiot.

EaglesBrah10
01-26-2015, 05:00 PM
No one cares if you drink alcohol.

But if your'e on probation for multiple fails for weed, they don't let you use ANY mind altering drugs including alcohol, which he drank.

I'm still think they should let him slide though. I'd be drinking if I played for Cleveland too.

scotyg
01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
any other workplace and he wouldve been fired a long time ago

neighborr
01-26-2015, 05:56 PM
ROFL @ "he was probably just around people who were smoking"

1) it's quite obvious the guy loves smoking
2) you have to be tested within hours of being around second-hand smoke

and even if he was "just around people", that's still equally as retarded. you're in the nfl, you have responsibilities. you've failed drug tests before and you're still hanging out with potheads. red flag.

josh gordon is just braindead.

MontelWilliams
01-26-2015, 06:00 PM
ROFL @ "he was probably just around people who were smoking"

1) it's quite obvious the guy loves smoking

and even if he was "just around people", that's still equally as retarded. you're in the nfl, you have responsibilities. you've failed drug tests before and you're still hanging out with potheads. red flag.

josh gordon is just braindead.

it was for alcohol you fukking retard...read the articles.

go swim in your local river and get eaten by an alligator.

neighborr
01-26-2015, 06:05 PM

lmfao @ this self ether. i was referring to this you braindead fatass. here I even bolded it for you.

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 06:08 PM

6LYe5Yp1XM8

phillyfreak7
01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Weed and alcohol are nothing. It's unbelievable he's gotten in so much trouble over both of them.

wickedman
01-26-2015, 08:25 PM
I'd be fine if everyone with a DUI was barred from drinking ever again. Let's make it universal.

BullStampede
01-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Weed and alcohol are nothing. It's unbelievable he's gotten in so much trouble over both of them.

Not the point. As I said above, you can replace weed and alcohol with anything. The point is he violated previously agreed upon rules SEVERAL times.

XeReaZ
01-26-2015, 10:01 PM

Uhh no he was suspended for those things wtf? Weed and alcohol are the reasons he's not in the league.

Creaso
01-26-2015, 10:18 PM
He got a DUI that is why he is getting tested for drinking alcohol and he failed. BOO HOO

Was he just around people that were drinking this time too?

Beliedat
01-26-2015, 10:33 PM

Nah

Dave P
01-26-2015, 11:04 PM
sorry but if youre on parole/probation for drug charges, the judge will often include conditions that include no alcohol. if you test positive you can/will go to jail. It can be so extreme that it includes being banned from bars and around substances at all. You cant even have alcohol in house with roomates.

dont see why anyone is trying to defend him, its his 4th offense regardless of how dumb you think it is...its aa condition of his playing. Its not a legal condition but lets not act like the league is screwing him...the guy has problems and needs to be disciplined

aksnowbrder
01-27-2015, 01:27 AM
You guys defending him realize that for him to fail the test for alcohol he would have basically had to SHOW UP DRUNK to the test right?

LikeAMachine
01-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Ever since he had that stretch of 3 games....meaningless games in which WE LOST mind you, of huge production he has been a cancer.

The offseason, the lying about getting his act together, being a terrible influence as the one true "Star" on offense. He is a CANCER. The league did us a favor but cutting him out of the equation.

neighborr
01-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Nah

yes

http://www.hightimes.com/read/can-second-hand-weed-smoke-cause-you-fail-drug-test

and that's if you're overweight and have been stuck in a vacuum sealed chamber for an hour with 6 people smoking pot nonstop.

sloop
01-27-2015, 09:23 AM
sorry but if youre on parole/probation for drug charges, the judge will often include conditions that include no alcohol. if you test positive you can/will go to jail. It can be so extreme that it includes being banned from bars and around substances at all. You cant even have alcohol in house with roomates.

dont see why anyone is trying to defend him, its his 4th offense regardless of how dumb you think it is...its aa condition of his playing. Its not a legal condition but lets not act like the league is screwing him...the guy has problems and needs to be disciplined

The NO ALCOHOL rule stemmed from his DUI over the summer, dingus.

Not from being on parole for drug charges.

neighborr
01-27-2015, 09:27 AM
The NO ALCOHOL rule stemmed from his DUI over the summer, dingus.

Not from being on parole for drug charges.

I think he was just using that as a real-life example.

Dave P
01-27-2015, 10:11 AM
I think he was just using that as a real-life example.

This

Circaflex
01-27-2015, 11:31 AM
then he failed one with barely any in him, meaning he was probably just around people smoking

LOL. That is not how it works my friend, you will not fail a test being around people who smoke it, unless your in a car hot boxing it for hours on hours then maybe.

PunyFella
01-27-2015, 11:50 AM
He's had all the chances in the world to straighten himself out. He has taken the money and playing in this league for granted. Dude should just be kicked out of the league. There are plenty of young hungry dudes ready to come in and take his place, the league doesn't need him. Hopefully he's good at selling cars.