PDA

View Full Version : Russell Wilson is a below average QB who can run.

Monstarx
01-18-2015, 04:42 PM
He has a legendary Defense, with the best running back in the NFL until AP comes back. He's been exposed as a below average QB who is carried by quite possibly the greatest Defense to ever play. I'm srsly still in shock Green Bay lost. I've never actually had my jimmies rustled before, but wow brahs just wow.

Slaterz
Defense made a legendary throw at end of the game op.

scotyg
sounds like youre wilsons are rustled

ruskism
01-18-2015, 04:43 PM
He has a legendary Defense, with the best running back in the NFL until AP comes back. He's been exposed as a below average QB who is carried by quite possibly the greatest Defense to ever play. I'm srsly still in shock Green Bay lost. I've never actually had my jimmies rustled before, but wow brahs just wow.

You mad Wilson played through a concussion sustained by a hit Clay Matthews delivered and still won?

Yeah, you mad.

in4l8r
01-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Green Bay Packers, Portland Trailblazers, Oregon Ducks

Lmao. Stay russelled my friend

FGCHENG
01-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Green Bay Packers, Portland Trailblazers, Oregon Ducks.

You guys lost. Deal with it. Russel is an elite QB. He just had a bad game but still came through at the end. That's what elite QBs do.

01-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Defense made a legendary throw at end of the game op.

Defense is the only reason that game was close. Plus if McCarthy wasn't such a pussy they might've gone for and gotten a TD from the half-yard line.

FleeceJohnson
01-18-2015, 04:50 PM
sounds like youre wilsons are rustledlol

This

Austanian
01-18-2015, 04:50 PM

You guys lost. Deal with it. Russel is an elite QB. He just had a bad game but still came through at the end. That's what elite QBs do.

Not sure what metric you are using to define elite.

He is an above average QB at an amazing price. Once they have to pay him -2 or -3 probowl players.

I am not saying he is trash, but he is much closer to Alex Smith than Tom Brady.

woody19
01-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Irony: Marcus Mariotta

Your qb is just a choker. That average qb has never lost to a team from green gay.

2pacalypto
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
You mad Wilson played through a concussion sustained by a hit Clay Matthews delivered and still won?

Yeah, you mad.

he so mad

woody19
01-18-2015, 04:53 PM

He is an above average QB at an amazing price. Once they have to pay him -2 or -3 probowl players.

I am not saying he is trash, but he is much closer to Alex Smith than Tom Brady.

Go watch Brady his first few years. Played the same type of football as these Seahawks and Wilson

KC2892
01-18-2015, 04:54 PM
My team lost and I'm salty.

Fixed that for you.

94beastmode
01-18-2015, 04:58 PM
He reminds me of a young Tom Brady. Praised cause his team has a great defense and a good rb but puts up average numbers

Austanian
01-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Go watch Brady his first few years. Played the same type of football as these Seahawks and Wilson

NE system doesn't look much like Seattle to me. Besides who is saying Brady was elite his first few years?

He looks to me like Alex Smith on a stacked team. I am not saying this is a bad thing I like game managers, but I truly believe if you take away 3 pro bowl players (about the cost of a 10th ranked QB) and Seattle isn't Seattle. We will see in a few years.

LeonardShelby
01-18-2015, 05:00 PM

How? Alex Smith doesn't throw a pass longer than 10 yards, Wilson throws a lot of deep balls.

SpiritFighter
01-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Call him what you want, we'll just keep collecting Lombardi's.....

VeganBrahh
01-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Chit OP, just be glad he wasn't throwing like he did on Carolina. I still dislike the phaggot ass manlet, but you can't deny he is good AF.

FGCHENG
01-18-2015, 05:03 PM

Except Alex Smith never made it to the Superbowl, and Russell Wilson has already made it to 2. Russell is elite as in he always find a way to help his team win no matter what, whether that be not committing turnovers or making clutch plays at the end of games that wins you the game. Before today's game, Russell had the highest QB rating in playoff history. That has to count for something right? Sure Russell has Marshawn and an elite defense but he also doesn't have any elite receivers like Rodgers (Cobb, Nelson), Brady (Gronk), and Manning (too many to list). Football is a team game, and Russell is the leader of that team.

Austanian
01-18-2015, 05:05 PM
How? Alex Smith doesn't throw a pass longer than 10 yards, Wilson throws a lot of deep balls.

15 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 285 452 63.1 3,475 7.69 80 20 7 42 95.0 217
20 Alex Smith, QB KC 303 464 65.3 3,265 7.04 70 18 6 45 93.4 218

Slaterz
01-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Funny how op manages to complain about defense when the packers forced 3 more turnovers and played their best guy defensively of the year they **** the bed offensively though. Take the loss like a man. Packers got out played

woody19
01-18-2015, 05:06 PM
NE system doesn't look much like Seattle to me. Besides who is saying Brady was elite his first few years?

He looks to me like Alex Smith on a stacked team. I am not saying this is a bad thing I like game managers, but I truly believe if you take away 3 pro bowl players (about the cost of a 10th ranked QB) and Seattle isn't Seattle. We will see in a few years.

Alex Smith been in the league for 10 years cant complete a td to a wr

Jamal Charles=Lynch
Bowe>anyone seattle has

There defense is also very very good. Houston is a monster

Wilson has made more plays in a third of time with his arm then Smith has in his career

HoustonMiscer
01-18-2015, 05:07 PM
OP McCarthy should have gone for it instead of kicking the FG. Its the NFCCG. Kicking the FG is playing not to lose. I'm a former Konserviak brah OP trust me when I say that it was a bad move by McCarthy. If you don't get it at least you have comfort in the fact that you went for it and didn't get it rather than not going for it an taking 3 points. I've seen Russell Wilson beat my chit team in person srs.

Austanian
01-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Alex Smith been in the league for 10 years cant complete a td to a wr

Jamal Charles=Lynch
Bowe>anyone seattle has

There defense is also very very good. Houston is a monster

Wilson has made more plays in a third of time with his arm then Smith has in his career

2 TDs different and Wilson played one more game... Very similar seasons. Or do tds only count if they are thrown to a WR?

How are we defining plays here?
Brady 97 qb rating 33 tds 9 ints 257 ypg
Wilson 95 qb rating 20 tds 7 ints 217 ypg
Smith 93 qb rating 18 tds 6 ints 218 ypg.
(Smith with one less game)

By all means pay Wilson like he is a great. Maybe it will take 4 pro bowl players off the roster instead of 3.

Are you really going to pretend Bowe is great?

woody19
01-18-2015, 05:35 PM
2 TDs different and Wilson played one more game... Very similar seasons. Or do tds only count if they are thrown to a WR?

How are we defining plays here?
Brady 97 qb rating 33 tds 9 ints 257 ypg
Wilson 95 qb rating 20 tds 7 ints 217 ypg
Smith 93 qb rating 18 tds 6 ints 218 ypg.
(Smith with one less game)

By all means pay Wilson like he is a great. Maybe it will take 4 pro bowl players off the roster instead of 3.

Are you really going to pretend Bowe is great?

Whats Alex smith doing two weeks from now? Both have legit defenses, running backs, and poverty wrs. One has a ring and well on the way to another. You can keep putting up regular season stats, but ultimately (Romo is my qb I Know about this) QBs are judged by the playoffs.

LeonardShelby
01-18-2015, 05:36 PM
15 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 285 452 63.1 3,475 7.69 80 20 7 42 95.0 217
20 Alex Smith, QB KC 303 464 65.3 3,265 7.04 70 18 6 45 93.4 218

brb 60 yard screens to JC and Knile Davis
brb 10 yard pass to Travis Kelce goes for 60 yards.

WarrNation
01-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Seahawks pass protection is fukking garbage. The worst I have seen in a while. Pete got to something about that in the offseason, otherwise, Wilson will not last long in the league.

NeoKantian
01-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Won't be an amazing price much longer. He's probably going to have a top 3 price if not the highest.

Austanian
01-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Whats Alex smith doing two weeks from now? Both have legit defenses, running backs, and poverty wrs. One has a ring and well on the way to another. You can keep putting up regular season stats, but ultimately (Romo is my qb I Know about this) QBs are judged by the playoffs.

Not sure you want to pullout the post season wouldn't bode well for your argument.
Smith has a 108 qb rating 9 td 0 int 290 ypg....

Football is a team game. They are built similar except Seattle has basically had a QB playing for free. Next year when Seattle is paying 15 million a year for him you can judge his greatness.

NeoKantian
01-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Football is a team game. They are built similar except Seattle has basically had a QB playing for free. Next year when Seattle is paying 15 million a year for him you can judge his greatness.
I think 15 million is too low.

woody19
01-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Not sure you want to pullout the post season wouldn't bode well for your argument.
Smith has a 108 qb rating 9 td 0 int 290 ypg....

pretty limited sample size for a 10 yr vet. First two games were on on a 13-3 team (team wanted to run every play). Last game was on an 11-5 team. Stats inflated by playing a poverty colts defense. Stop watching the boxscores and actually watch Wilson play.

DaHoneyBadger
01-18-2015, 06:00 PM

From earlier today :

I called him elite, eating my words now. He is a game manager. Seahawks desperately needs some WR though.

MilkPopTart
01-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Russel Wilson is legitimately a bad quarterback. He should take a pay cut after this year.

bking10
01-18-2015, 06:11 PM
We will see what happens when the increase his pay from $300k to $20 mil. He's gonna have to make up for the players they can't keep. They will also start game planning more towards passing to make the contract worthwhile. For a guy who hasn't actually thrown 40 times in a game that might be an issue

Insane Clown
01-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Seahawks homer here... Russell Wilson is not elite. This word gets thrown around like people don't seem to know what 'elite' means.

Wilson is pretty damn good at doing what's demanded of him (and I'll be first to tell you he's got some of the worst offensive playcalling in the league behind him), but what's demanded of him isn't what elite quarterbacks do in games.

By the way, WATCHING Wilson doesn't 100% help because you get to see what a high percentage of his passes are pretty far offline (even the completions).

FGCHENG
01-18-2015, 06:33 PM
From earlier today :

A game winning touchdown changes things. I also mentioned he had a bad game. He looked like a game manager till the very end. I always referred to him as an elite QB and he is so dealwithit.jpg.

Austanian
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
pretty limited sample size for a 10 yr vet. First two games were on on a 13-3 team (team wanted to run every play). Last game was on an 11-5 team. Stats inflated by playing a poverty colts defense. Stop watching the boxscores and actually watch Wilson play.

You picked the sample...

That team did the same scheme with CK. Wilson has played on a good team his entire career. Not every qb has that luxury. Wilson may one day be great, but right now his contribution looks VERY similar to mr gamemanager.

15 million dollars or more in free cash changes a teams make up a lot.

Creaso
01-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Wilson is not elite yet and may never be, but I'll put him above the game manger slot.

Also how good is that d to keep them in the game after 4 or 5 first half turnovers.

PrimeraRS
01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Seacawks were terrible today but Greenbay fudge packers were even worse. I couldnt believe the winner of that poorly played game was going to the SB

I hate the Pats but I hope Lord Brady rams the ball down the seacawks throat.

Insane Clown
01-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Wilson is not elite yet and may never be, but I'll put him above the game manger slot.

Also how good is that d to keep them in the game after 4 or 5 first half turnovers. D was amazing. Wilson playing historically bad for the first half led to a lot of ignoring the fact that Green Bay couldn't do anything unless they had starting position already in FG range.

Right now, Wilson is a game manager who's got a bazooka attached to his shoulder and can run. Thankfully, we typically don't need much more than that. Will he grow beyond that? Don't know. Not sure Seahawks have the coaching staff to take him to that level, but he seems like the type of guy willing to lead the way in his own development.

juiceyjay
01-18-2015, 08:04 PM
So you admit you're only butt frustrated cause he **** on your poverty team & QB?

Swept
01-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Seahawks pass protection is fukking garbage. The worst I have seen in a while. Pete got to something about that in the offseason, otherwise, Wilson will not last long in the league.

GTFOH the Seahawks line gave Wilson a ton of time

Don't come here with that BS boy

FleeceJohnson
01-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Jay cutler with seacawks wouldnt be in superbow

LordSharpshire
01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
And throw bombs when it matters most

Lucretius
01-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Wilson plays better the closer to doom the team gets. Was right next to the stadium today in a bar destroying my voice, if you watch Wilson play enough you always believe he can pull crazy stuff like this out (though this was by far his craziest.)

WarrNation
01-18-2015, 08:56 PM
GTFOH the Seahawks line gave Wilson a ton of time

Don't come here with that BS boy

lol did you actually watch the game besides the end of game highlight reel?

Bailey, Okung, Sweezy etc literally couldn't stop the Packers pass rush from filtering through as soon as the ball was snapped. Wilson got sacked like 5 times today.

pls go.

Swept
01-18-2015, 09:06 PM
lol did you actually watch the game besides the end of game highlight reel?

Bailey, Okung, Sweezy etc literally couldn't stop the Packers pass rush from filtering through as soon as the ball was snapped. Wilson got sacked like 5 times today.

pls go.

pffft, your a phucking troll.

Wilson had a chit ton of time, all his picks were bad throws and all his sacks were him holding the ball too long. Seattle line dominated GB's line.

TheCore84
01-18-2015, 09:09 PM

Lol at you guys just throwing the word "elite" around. It's becoming new "GOAT". Russel Wilson is terrible and didn't deserve to win that game today. Lynch and the d did all the heavy lifting.

WarrNation
01-18-2015, 09:10 PM
pffft, your a phucking troll.

Wilson had a chit ton of time, all his picks were bad throws and all his sacks were him holding the ball too long. Seattle line dominated GB's line.

Now I know you are definitely a troll and didn't actually watch the game. 2 picks were bad throws and the other two bounced off the hands of the receiver.

TheCore84
01-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Call him what you want, we'll just keep collecting Lombardi's.....
Atlanta Hawks fan.....think's he's collecting Lombardi's.

ruskism
01-18-2015, 09:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XfRvJ1H.gif

Swept
01-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Now I know you are definitely a troll and didn't actually watch the game. 2 picks were bad throws and the other two bounced off the hands of the receiver.

1 was off a receiver the other was a bad throw, and he had time in all those picks. Let me not even bring up the 3rd and 19 where it he had like 10 seconds

WarrNation
01-18-2015, 09:27 PM
1 was off a receiver the other was a bad throw, and he had time in all those picks. Let me not even bring up the 3rd and 19 where it he had like 10 seconds

lol not use arguing with you.

and lol of course Wilson had all the time in the world on that 3rd and 19. Packers only rushed 3 and they were all double teamed.

Swept
01-18-2015, 09:32 PM
lol not use arguing with you.

and lol of course Wilson had all the time in the world on that 3rd and 19. Packers only rushed 3 and they were all double teamed.

Wilson had time all game, he just likes to scramble out of the pocket a lot which makes it seem like he's getting pressured.

Lucretius
01-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Hawks O-line has been mediocre/bad ever since Wilson was part of the team. This is apparent to anyone who regularly watches Seahawks games.

Also, Wilson is a very good QB - does what is necessary to win. Yes, our defense is historically good, but those using that as an excuse to knock Wilson obviously don't watch many Seahawks games. This was by far the worst game I've ever seen Wilson play in all the time he's been in Seattle. The man normally plays pretty well given his bad O-line, and regularly makes miracles happen.

AGangsta
01-18-2015, 10:51 PM

this guy is the dumbest troll on this forum and anyone that takes him seriously is even more retarded.

Negatron617
01-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Hawks O-line has been mediocre/bad ever since Wilson was part of the team. This is apparent to anyone who regularly watches Seahawks games.

Also, Wilson is a very good QB - does what is necessary to win. Yes, our defense is historically good, but those using that as an excuse to knock Wilson obviously don't watch many Seahawks games. This was by far the worst game I've ever seen Wilson play in all the time he's been in Seattle. The man normally plays pretty well given his bad O-line, and regularly makes miracles happen.

there arent that many VERY GOOd QBs in the league...

if it wasnt for special teams and the running game forcing OT, wilson never gets a shot to redeem himself and throw that one TD to match the punter's TD

he wasnt contributing **** to the game....better to be lucky and good and better to rely on your D and running game to win game...must be nice having single coverage across the board

came up clutch tho...cant take that away

sdballer5588
01-18-2015, 11:08 PM
There is no defense of his performance. They won in spite of him, not because of him.

Lucretius
01-18-2015, 11:09 PM
there arent that many VERY GOOd QBs in the league...

if it wasnt for special teams and the running game forcing OT, wilson never gets a shot to redeem himself and throw that one TD to match the punter's TD

he wasnt contributing **** to the game....better to be lucky and good and better to rely on your D and running game to win game...must be nice having single coverage across the board

came up clutch tho...cant take that away

Like I said this was by far his worst game of his pro career. Wilson is very very clutch though, and showed it again today. No matter how many records Wilson breaks though there will always be doubters, which is fine by me as long as Wilson keeps doing what he does best - win.

srom12
01-18-2015, 11:12 PM
Danger Russ.

WarrNation
01-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Basically this, 4th quarter and overtime notwithstanding as he played great there.

Wilson was really really fuking bad in the first half.

The whole offense played pretty bad. Kearse and Baldwin couldn't seperate themselves from their markers. Seattle offensive line was garbage on protecting Wilson. Wilson just made bad throw after bad throw. Lynch literally couldn't do anything.

Seattle offense should thank the defense for giving them the opportunity to redeem themselves. Defense played spectacular throughout the game. 4 turnovers that only resulted in 6 points against Rodgers. Buiriful!

Darkhare
01-19-2015, 01:16 AM
sounds like youre wilsons are rustled

http://i.imgur.com/XfRvJ1H.gif

FGCHENG
01-19-2015, 01:17 AM
Lol at you guys just throwing the word "elite" around. It's becoming new "GOAT". Russel Wilson is terrible and didn't deserve to win that game today. Lynch and the d did all the heavy lifting.

Even elite QBs have bad games. Russell came through when it mattered most and they're going to the superbowl. I rather take a game manager that gets me to the superbowl than ''elite quarterbacks'' who doesn't.

sdballer5588
01-19-2015, 01:18 AM
Even elite QBs have bad games. Russell came through when it mattered most and they're going to the superbowl. I rather take a game manager that gets me to the superbowl than ''elite quarterbacks'' who doesn't.

Bad games =/= 4 interceptions.

Wilson throwing four interceptions, the most he’s thrown in any game in his career. Teams are now 2-42 (.045) in postseason games in the Super Bowl era when they throw at least four interceptions. The only other team to win such a game in that time was the Bills, who beat the Jets 31-27 in 1981 despite four interceptions from quarterback Joe Ferguson.

WarrNation
01-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Bad games =/= 4 interceptions.

lol more like 2 INT. sdballer confirmed as the woat poster.

Insane Clown
01-19-2015, 03:23 AM
Ok, we don't have a great passing O-Line in Seattle, but anyone putting that up as a major issue for this game has to be straight joking. Wilson had lots of time often and just stunk. It had nothing to do with the line today. Lynch was also good in this game, so I'm not sure where anyone could fault him at all.

The only real issue was Bevell's borderline insanely bad playcalling. He didn't help Wilson or Lynch at all with that but he's been bad the entire time he's been here so it's not even really fair to use that as an excuse.

Also, for the guy who said Wilson is garbage... really? Are you blind or just a giant hater? It's like we have to say he's elite or garbage only on this board and nobody seems like they are okay with the far more reasonable assessment that he's good but rough with a great team around him.

Swept
01-19-2015, 04:38 AM
Ok, we don't have a great passing O-Line in Seattle, but anyone putting that up as a major issue for this game has to be straight joking. Wilson had lots of time often and just stunk. It had nothing to do with the line today. Lynch was also good in this game, so I'm not sure where anyone could fault him at all.

The only real issue was Bevell's borderline insanely bad playcalling. He didn't help Wilson or Lynch at all with that but he's been bad the entire time he's been here so it's not even really fair to use that as an excuse.

Also, for the guy who said Wilson is garbage... really? Are you blind or just a giant hater? It's like we have to say he's elite or garbage only on this board and nobody seems like they are okay with the far more reasonable assessment that he's good but rough with a great team around him.

I don't understand how Seattle fans say they have a bad O-line? They played good yesterday and they dominated the panthers pass rush last week. I would love for the panthers to pass protect that good.

Insane Clown
01-19-2015, 12:35 PM
I don't understand how Seattle fans say they have a bad O-line? They played good yesterday and they dominated the panthers pass rush last week. I would love for the panthers to pass protect that good. They aren't a great line for pass protection, but I think more than a few of my fellow 'Hawks fans confuse Wilson holding onto the ball too long (which he does somewhat often) as a failure of the line when it really isn't.

FireMuschamp
01-19-2015, 01:31 PM
lol more like 2 INT. sdballer confirmed as the woat poster.

lol! looks like u cant count

IsLifeRealLife
01-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Any reasonable person can admit that Wilson is a decent/great game manager. It's the retarded hawks fans that thinks he's elite.

Yesterday was evidence of this. The hawks don't need Wilson to win the game. As long as he hands the ball off to lynch (the heart and soul of that offense) then they will win the game.

FireMuschamp
01-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Any reasonable person can admit that Wilson is a decent/great game manager. It's the retarded hawks fans that thinks he's elite.

Yesterday was evidence of this. The hawks don't need Wilson to win the game. As long as he hands the ball off to lynch (the heart and soul of that offense) then they will win the game.

like ive been saying if wilson is elite then so is tebow because all they do is win

Lakers24
01-19-2015, 02:08 PM
wilson is an awful qb. people are so dumb to think otherwise. how about you get a mind for yourselves and stop listening to what espn or fox wants you to think

FireMuschamp
01-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Last time Tebow won anything in the NFL: Never

HByT3b_zAJA

against a top 3 defense. stay mad (and dumb) u idiot

FireMuschamp
01-19-2015, 02:51 PM
LOOL won a divisional game

Much elite

Such legend

more negs on r/c

lol!

you said:

Last time Tebow won anything in the NFL: Never

he clearly won something, idiot. in russell's first year of starting he won the same number of playoff games, idiot.

FireMuschamp
01-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Hey

Nobody cares about winning a divisional game. That isn't winning.

Get back to me when your boyfriend wins something worth mentioning

Oh wait he isn't even in the league anymore.

Cry more about tebow's 'first year in the league'. If he didn't suck so much it wouldn't have been his last real year in the league.

edit: Didn't even win the divisional. Wild card lmao

lol @ this retard. tebow got shipped off to the raiders of the east. if russell wilson was on the jets he'd be geno smith.