PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts the get shredded diet?

Lost007
01-16-2015, 05:22 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/the-get-shredded-diet thoughts?

Shysty021
01-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Stopped reading after "Although this diet is crazy strict, you could lose up to 1 percent body fat per week."

So in 6 weeks I can go from 12% to 6%? Maybe if i lived in somalia and was willing to lose all my gains...

Edit: i looked at the chart for the macros breakdown...it looks more like a keto based diet with <50g carbs

Lost007
01-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Stopped reading after "Although this diet is crazy strict, you could lose up to 1 percent body fat per week."

So in 6 weeks I can go from 12% to 6%? Maybe if i lived in somalia and was willing to lose all my gains...

Edit: i looked at the chart for the macros breakdown...it looks more like a keto based diet with <50g carbs
yup looks like a keto based diet. I am thinking of trying it since my activity level is very limited lately, and instead of an all you can eat day every 14 days I will do 2 maintenance days with higher carbs. I also sip on 20g BCAA all day long. Thoughts? Thanks!

chewbrahca91
01-16-2015, 08:17 PM
I don't get the point of these. What's wrong with eating at a moderate deficit and incorporating foods that you like without destroying your everyday way of life.
Do it if you want OP.

Lost007
01-16-2015, 09:45 PM
I don't get the point of these. What's wrong with eating at a moderate deficit and incorporating foods that you like without destroying your everyday way of life.
Do it if you want OP.
You have a very valid point, but if these type of diets have faster results I honestly would not mind not eating the things I like in order to get the results I want. I actually enjoy eating what I eat right now.

chewbrahca91
01-16-2015, 10:40 PM
You have a very valid point, but if these type of diets have faster results I honestly would not mind not eating the things I like in order to get the results I want. I actually enjoy eating what I eat right now.

More power to you man. The general consensus seems to be very low calories sets people up for a binge, runs the risk of losing muscle, and just overall is not sustainable and interfering with everyday life.

Lost007
01-16-2015, 11:16 PM
More power to you man. The general consensus seems to be very low calories sets people up for a binge, runs the risk of losing muscle, and just overall is not sustainable and interfering with everyday life.
Thanks I appreciate it. About the muscle ya its a risk, but I am eating around 150g of protein, and sipping on 20g BCAA's all day mixed with water so hopefully that helps.

dmacdonal9
01-17-2015, 04:51 AM
With calories extremely low, you'll need a selection of supplements to fill in nutritional gaps and keep your workouts going strong. Do not do the diet without them!

I hope those supplements are for sale somewhere, perhaps even on that very website.

and1_balla52
01-17-2015, 05:24 AM
It's very extreme. But it's also very effective. Be careful with it though. It's basically a diet where the deficit does the work for you...so don't try to add a ton of cardio on top of it. Keep tension on the muscle and weight train as heavily as possible to retain lean tissue. I do disagree with refeeds once every 14 days though. If you're training with intensity...you're going to need some glycogen restoration every week. Just my opinion...but Im no Berardi and I am not a CSCS.

Tommy W.
01-17-2015, 07:51 AM
It's just a very complicated calorie deficit. The eat all you want cheat day is especially entertaining.

Maverick2015
01-17-2015, 08:30 AM
These types of diets do NOT have faster results. They will make you lose weight faster; but losing weight is not the same as losing fat. These diets are great for losing water faster and that is about it. Any diet with a calorie deficit will work to help lose fat. There are just some health risks to some of them and others run the risk of more LBM being lost in the process. Some also have a huge yo-yo affect both because of the binging and gaining back the water weight once you stop. If you enjoy the diet or feel that you need that kind of strict structure then you should absolutely do it if you understand any risks involved. Just realize it is not faster at lowering your BF%, only your water weight. The "science" behind these things focus on small things and don't show the whole picture.

twoStorms
01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Fad diets end up doing more harm than good. Keep a deficet, get enough protien and eat whatever you want.

Cchavez1319
01-17-2015, 06:48 PM
I feel like you could do much better on a nutrition plan that follows the calorie requirements outlined in this "get shredded diet" but not as strict on the types of food or the timing of the food. I think the macros and calorie counts seem ok to do....