PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis: we wouldn't know Tom Brady without tuck rule

johnnyboi123
01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458877/article/ray-lewis-we-wouldnt-know-brady-without-tuck-rule

awww ****

AlphaofAlphas
01-14-2015, 01:41 PM
LOL RayRay is just mad that Tommy Terrific ran right through him for a touchdown. That's like Brady saying the only reason we know who Ray Lewis is is because he's a murderer.

Konzales
01-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Edit: Wizard^^

Just read this as well and was gonna post. Dude acts like Brady's talent came from that call that day. He stole the idea from Woodson.

I especially liked the part about "too many rules" lol. Thanks Mr. "Murder" Ray Lewis.

TAWS6
01-14-2015, 01:46 PM
All these ghetto Raven hood rats cant help but talk ****. Its in their blood.

AdamGaseLOL
01-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Lol Lewis is so fukking annoying. Guy does this over-emotional shtick that has been played out since 2005. Fukking lol everytime he's on MNF with the guys and he's going on and on without really saying anything and Steve Young and Trent Dilfer are looking at each other like wtf is this guy saying. Guy is the biggest phony cheeseball I can remember.

Him, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin all have these tired acts of over the top analysts. Pls go

NathanDrakebrah
01-14-2015, 01:47 PM
How bout we talk about Lewis not retiring with a ring if the Ravens get rightfully flagged in the endzone. What ifs don't mean chit

AreolaBorealis
01-14-2015, 01:48 PM
another ratbird still salty wats new. ray lewis is a pos human being and can go fuk himself. he knows exactly wat he did that night in 2000 in atlanta.

G0S9G
01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
I agree with his larger point, that all these ticky tack rules hurt the game overall. I'd say the "catch not catch" by Dez this weekend is another example of these rules. But to say Brady's career wouldn't have been extremely successful without one play from one playoff game is crazy.

Averydabeast
01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
where the suit ray?

Future24
01-14-2015, 02:00 PM
We wouldn't know Ray Lewis if it wasn't for "Deer Antler Spray"

konohagakure
01-14-2015, 02:01 PM
I agree with his larger point, that all these ticky tack rules hurt the game overall. I'd say the "catch not catch" by Dez this weekend is another example of these rules. But to say Brady's career wouldn't have been extremely successful without one play from one playoff game is crazy.

Without doubt, if the tuck rule game never happened, Manning would be considered by far better than Brady.

Brady's only claim to being better than Manning is more playoff success. No tuck rule game, Brady has 3 less playoff wins, and only 1 more championship than Peyton has.

FraserFit
01-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Using that logic. We wouldn't know Eli Manning if David Tyree never made that catch with his helmet. Brady would have an undefeated season, his 4th and 5th Super Bowls.

GinoFelino
01-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Ray Lewis usually had respect for Brady. He must be turning into another ESPN phaggot that says things just for the sake of argument/attention.

sdballer5588
01-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Ray Lewis doing his best to sound like a nutjob.

KurtMussell
01-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Brady is poverty. That should have been the Raiders game.

Tuck Rule. Never forget.

rsnnh12
01-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Ray Lewis usually had respect for Brady. He must be turning into another ESPN phaggot that says things just for the sake of argument/attention.

This. When Brady was voted #1 in the NFL Network top 100, Lewis and Revis were the 2 that spoke about him and Lewis had nothing but respect. Called him the greatest of greats

KBaller33
01-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Who knows, if the Patriots don't win it that year Brady may have never broke through. But that's big speculation. That's chaging a whole 13 or 14 year career from the start. Who knows how Brady reacts to that. Brady wasn't really elite until 2005-2006

smashedpotato
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
yeah...but it DID happen and since then Bradys been to 5 superbowls won 3 and is far and away the greatest QB of this generation and prob 2nd all time only to montana.

lol @ rayray and his special hat.

01-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Tommy must've fuked his girl within the last few years because here's an article from 2011:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-06/ray-lewis-proclaims-tom-brady-greatest-of-all-time

PatThePatriot
01-14-2015, 03:35 PM
This is nothing but a "what if". The tuckrule did happen so get over it phaggot, as if everyone dosen know this already.

LeonardShelby
01-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Without doubt, if the tuck rule game never happened, Manning would be considered by far better than Brady.

Brady's only claim to being better than Manning is more playoff success. No tuck rule game, Brady has 3 less playoff wins, and only 1 more championship than Peyton has.

And yet that happened when Brady had that killer fire, so he never wins that super bowl maybe the fire burns stronger and he wins even more. We can speculate anyway we want.

squirrell751
01-14-2015, 04:01 PM
And yet that happened when Brady had that killer fire, so he never wins that super bowl maybe the fire burns stronger and he wins even more. We can speculate anyway we want.

No different way of wasting time than what you inbreds and retards do everyday around here

Tommy12Orr4
01-14-2015, 04:03 PM
I love how when everyone talks about the tuck rule, they act like it was ruled incorrectly. No, it was the CORRECT call, and had been called dozens of times before that game. That's just like saying that WR's who get a PI call in today's game lucked out that the contact rules aren't what they were from decades ago.

Ray Lewis was a MLB, the most easily replaceable position on a defense. Please go.

The Ravens are once again proving they are the scum of the NFL.

Scorer
01-14-2015, 04:25 PM
I love how when everyone talks about the tuck rule, they act like it was ruled incorrectly. No, it was the CORRECT call, and had been called dozens of times before that game.

had it though? Honestly never remember seeing it called like that any other time.

FourKicks
01-14-2015, 04:36 PM
I'll just leave this here -

8wtY1rbpeaE

Negatron617
01-14-2015, 04:38 PM
lol...he mad....go do some phaggy dances for attention and try not to kill anyone

praise jesus

AGangsta
01-14-2015, 04:45 PM
I'll just leave this here -

8wtY1rbpeaE

WOW. did not expect that level of praise from ray lewis.

pickmeup5
01-14-2015, 04:46 PM
What else did OJ I mean Lewis say

Scorer
01-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Tom Brady is one of the GOATs, yes and Ray Ray is acting a fool here. But Pats fans get so defensive over that tuck rule sh*t. Just admit it was an awful call.

This "actually the rule was applied correctly" stuff is just crap. The rule is clearly written for a QB who plans to tuck and run... If you think the rule was applied correctly then you think the rule allows for a guy to fake a pass and then return the ball to his normal dropback holding position in front of him indefinitely... and he can't fumble until he tucks the ball back in to his body. Brady brought that ball to his off hand... whether it was there for a microsecond of 10 seconds doesn't matter... the tuck rule doesn't stipulate a time limit.

http://welcometothe716.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-tuck-rule1.jpg

Tommy12Orr4
01-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Tom Brady is one of the GOATs, yes and Ray Ray is acting a fool here. But Pats fans get so defensive over that tuck rule sh*t. Just admit it was an awful call.

This "actually the rule was applied correctly" stuff is just crap. The rule is clearly written for a QB who plans to tuck and run... If you think the rule was applied correctly then you think the rule allows for a guy to fake a pass and then return the ball to his normal dropback holding position in front of him indefinitely... and he can't fumble until he tucks the ball back in to his body. Brady brought that ball to his off hand... whether it was there for a microsecond of 10 seconds doesn't matter... the tuck rule doesn't stipulate a time limit.

http://welcometothe716.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-tuck-rule1.jpg

The rule was applied correctly. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it unless you're a full potato, which you seem like you may be. Just because you don't like that there was a certain rule does not mean the call was incorrect.

It was the correct call, period.

pickmeup5
01-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile Ray Lewis won the most lopsided ref'd Super Bowl in my lifetime

Scorer
01-14-2015, 04:56 PM
The rule was applied correctly. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it unless you're a full potato, which you seem like you may be. Just because you don't like that there was a certain rule does not mean the call was incorrect.

It was the correct call, period.

You didn't refute what I presented. The rule was clearly not written for that scenario. So when he brought it back and had both hands on the ball.... still an incomplete pass?

You think I can't find hundreds of examples of QBs in that era faking a pass, bringing it back to their off hand, fumbling.... and it being ruled a fumble? Were all those plays incorrectly ruled?

DanicaCray
01-14-2015, 05:18 PM
How bout we talk about Lewis not retiring with a ring if the Ravens get rightfully flagged in the endzone. What ifs don't mean chit

Did you actually watch that SB? Cuz if you did you'd know that without the power going out that game was on pace to be a Seahawks Broncos ass raping.

sloan51
01-14-2015, 05:30 PM
You didn't refute what I presented. The rule was clearly not written for that scenario. So when he brought it back and had both hands on the ball.... still an incomplete pass?

You think I can't find hundreds of examples of QBs in that era faking a pass, bringing it back to their off hand, fumbling.... and it being ruled a fumble? Were all those plays incorrectly ruled?

There is a difference between the ball being held in your off hand, and the ball touching your off hand at the same time you get hit/fumble. A still picture doesn't show that. Its not like he held the ball for 3 seconds in his off hand. Honestly, I don't think there was enough video evidence to overule the original calling. But if the original call was an incompletion I don't think there would have been enough to overule that either.

EaglesBrah10
01-14-2015, 07:00 PM
If it wasn't for Jacoby Jones, Rayray would have nothing to say right now. That ring has overinflated his already massive ego.

smallbonesjones
01-14-2015, 07:13 PM
man by the way people talk about the rule it would make younger viewers think that this rule was made for brady. The rule was already in place so idk why people are crying

rsnnh12
01-14-2015, 07:27 PM
had it though? Honestly never remember seeing it called like that any other time.

It got called against the Pats that same season vs the Jets.

If it makes anyone feel any better, the refs missed Woodson's hit to the head of Brady on that play. It should've been a 15 yard penalty, regardless of the tuck rule. Tuck rule was a ****ty rule, but it was called correctly.

darknessmanX
01-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Meanwhile Ray Lewis won the most lopsided ref'd Super Bowl in my lifetime

i take it you were born after superbowl 40 (steelers vs seahawks)

SuperDick1234
01-14-2015, 11:31 PM
its possible.. if the bills won that first sb who knows maybe 4 in a row. its the butterfly effect theory

SuperDick1234
01-14-2015, 11:32 PM
i take it you were born after superbowl 40 (steelers vs seahawks)

you mad.

and i dont like your sig would neg but i dont know where the button is

Roody12
01-14-2015, 11:35 PM
If it wasn't for a decent lawyer Ray Lewis would've only known Tom Brady through a small TV in his jail cell.

So let's not play the should've, would've, could've game.

Shortstop36
01-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Ray Ray just won't give up that spotlight will he

Scorer
01-15-2015, 05:15 AM
It got called against the Pats that same season vs the Jets.

Those plays are completely different though. How anyone can use it as justification for the Snow Game call is beyond me.

Watch at 1:50.. Testaverde's arm is clearly coming forward at high velocity. On the Brady play, he actually brings the ball to rest in his left hand before fumbling.

WHEQtASq9BI

If it makes anyone feel any better, the refs missed Woodson's hit to the head of Brady on that play. It should've been a 15 yard penalty, regardless of the tuck rule. Tuck rule was a ****ty rule, but it was called correctly.

You hear Pats fans bring this up from time to time. I don't know where they see the hit on the head. The impact is clearly on the shoulder, side of Brady's body, with arms wrapped around the front and back.

If the play was correctly called a fumble, this phantom hit to the head wouldn't even be a topic on Boston morning radio, let alone a hotly debated missed call.

If you want this called a hit to the head, I don't know what to tell you:

http://s1.dmcdn.net/Ad_Hh.jpg

BroHusky
01-15-2015, 05:24 AM
LOL RayRay is just mad that Tommy Terrific ran right through him for a touchdown. That's like Brady saying the only reason we know who Ray Lewis is is because he's a murderer.

Strong username to person thread is about correlation.

Ray is just mad that he is not KING BRADY, either accept your fate or become a hater. Ray has chose the latter.

Mikey13Buddha
01-15-2015, 06:03 AM
I'm a huge Pats fan and a bigger Tom Brady fan. That was a terrible rule and I believe they got rid of it. I guess it was "called correctly" based on the way the rule was written back then but it was a stupid football rule. I can admit that. Also, this thread is the first I've ever heard of Woodson hitting Brady in the head. Woodson was one of my favorite players so I would have been the Pats fan defending him.

Ray's an idiot, but we know that already. The premise isn't worth discussing.

ItsWhatIDo
01-15-2015, 08:53 AM
If the feds found the white suit then we wouldn't know Ray Lewis right now

v=cMX754--XkI

BJohnny1988
01-15-2015, 09:00 AM
the rule was not applied correctly.

he finished tucking the ball when he touched it with his left hand.
he fumbled.

TouchMeBrah
01-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Lol Lewis is so fukking annoying. Guy does this over-emotional shtick that has been played out since 2005. Fukking lol everytime he's on MNF with the guys and he's going on and on without really saying anything and Steve Young and Trent Dilfer are looking at each other like wtf is this guy saying. Guy is the biggest phony cheeseball I can remember.

Him, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin all have these tired acts of over the top analysts. Pls go

Fuking LOLD at username, and couldnt have said it better myself

Mikey13Buddha
01-15-2015, 11:51 AM
the rule was not applied correctly.

he finished tucking the ball when he touched it with his left hand.
he fumbled.

It was was a stupid rule but it was applied correctly. I'm glad they changed it but I'm glad this happened first.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body

jbball92
01-15-2015, 11:56 AM

sapp and irvin are funny as hell idk what you're on about

Scorer
01-15-2015, 11:59 AM
It was was a stupid rule but it was applied correctly. I'm glad they changed it but I'm glad this happened first.

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body

But he had two hands on the ball when he fumbled. I don't see how people can say so concretely the rule was applied correctly. When is the ball tucked if not when he has both hands on it in the standard QB position?

HoganIsGOAT
01-15-2015, 12:01 PM
But he had two hands on the ball when he fumbled. I don't see how people can say so concretely the rule was applied correctly. When is the ball tucked if not when he has both hands on it in the standard QB position?

Three words of advice for you: Get over it.

Scorer
01-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Three words of advice for you: Get over it.

Alright. Do you have an answer to the question though? Two hands on the ball = not tucked yet.... so when is the ball "tucked"?

Mikey13Buddha
01-15-2015, 12:27 PM

I hear ya. Like I said, it was a very stupid rule. The rule further stated that he had to bring the ball all the way back to his body before the throwing motion was "over" and then, and only then, would he be eligible to fumble. I can't imagine the instance that caused that rule to be written that way in the first place.

Mikey13Buddha
01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Alright. Do you have an answer to the question though? Two hands on the ball = not tucked yet.... so when is the ball "tucked"?

I just answered it for ya. Huge Brady fan but I admit that was a terrible rule. I'm just glad they didn't fix it until we benefited first.

jross2021
01-15-2015, 01:09 PM
TFW we wouldn't know Ray Lewis if he didn't get away with murder.

lsiberian
01-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Brady just needs to win another ring and take his crown as the undisputed GOAT QB. It sucks that Romo is out of it, but I'm gonna enjoy watching greatness while I still can. Just imagine there are kids being born today that will probably never see Brady play football.

Scorer
01-15-2015, 02:30 PM
I hear ya. Like I said, it was a very stupid rule. The rule further stated that he had to bring the ball all the way back to his body before the throwing motion was "over" and then, and only then, would he be eligible to fumble. I can't imagine the instance that caused that rule to be written that way in the first place.

See this is reasonable and all I really want people to admit is that its murky territory and nobody really knows what a "tuck" is. It's the "100% the correct call" response that is maddening and illogical.

BJohnny1988
01-21-2015, 11:44 PM

i just said he tucked the ball and you showed me a rule saying he is attempting to tuck.

he tucked the ball.
he fumbled.

rsnnh12
01-22-2015, 03:07 AM
Those plays are completely different though. How anyone can use it as justification for the Snow Game call is beyond me.

Watch at 1:50.. Testaverde's arm is clearly coming forward at high velocity. On the Brady play, he actually brings the ball to rest in his left hand before fumbling.

WHEQtASq9BI

You hear Pats fans bring this up from time to time. I don't know where they see the hit on the head. The impact is clearly on the shoulder, side of Brady's body, with arms wrapped around the front and back.

If the play was correctly called a fumble, this phantom hit to the head wouldn't even be a topic on Boston morning radio, let alone a hotly debated missed call.

If you want this called a hit to the head, I don't know what to tell you:

http://s1.dmcdn.net/Ad_Hh.jpg

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/farewell-tuck-rule-hello-charles-woodsons-illegal-head-slap/21926/

Clear hit to the head with his right hand, not his left. Tuck rule shouldn't have even been an issue, should have been a 15 yard penalty and end of story.

Amaso
01-22-2015, 03:58 AM
He is actually right to some extent. The Pats for sure don't win that championship game, and then maybe Brady doesn't turn into a confident QB who goes on to manage 2 more NE squads to a SB victory. Maybe Brady doesn't start next year.

Props to Brady for working hard and becoming one of the best though.

KBaller33
01-22-2015, 05:01 AM
He is actually right to some extent. The Pats for sure don't win that championship game, and then maybe Brady doesn't turn into a confident QB who goes on to manage 2 more NE squads to a SB victory. Maybe Brady doesn't start next year.

Props to Brady for working hard and becoming one of the best though.

The problem is that you can say that about any athlete in any sport ever. If you take away a call, a game, or change their situation at that time things could look completely different for anyone. So what Lewis is saying is true, but it's not a big deal because that can happen to anyone.

LordBrady
01-22-2015, 05:17 AM
There wouldn't be a Ray Lewis career if the NFL didn't give the murderer a 2nd chance.