PDA

View Full Version : Detox Smoothies?

Heff24
01-14-2015, 10:10 AM
Hi guys, i see a lot of people on instagram, pinterest, facebook and etc, talking and posting pics of detox smoothie. My questions are, what is a detox smoothie and what's their benefits?

lee__d
01-14-2015, 10:14 AM
They are bullsht and their benefits are nothing.

loganhart
01-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi guys, i see a lot of people on instagram, pinterest, facebook and etc, talking and posting pics of detox smoothie. My questions are, what is a detox smoothie and what's their benefits?

They are scams with agendas geared towards ridding the gulable of their hard earned money.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

desslok
01-14-2015, 10:16 AM

Social media is a breeding ground for idiocy.

I can't define a detox smoothie. Nobody can.

ironwill2008
01-14-2015, 10:27 AM

The entire "detox" premise is nothing more than junk 'science.' The human body is perfectly capable of maintaining it's own proper level of internal "cleanliness" if simple, basic nutrition practices are followed, such as eating adequate amounts of macros from a wide variety of mostly unprocessed whole foods, and eating several portions of fruit and veg each day. It should also go without saying that we should also always avoid unhealthy environmental situations, stay away from all recreational drug use, use alcohol only in moderation (if at all---your choice), and remain far, far away from tobacco use of any kind.

The "benefits" of "detoxes" include lining the pockets of the witch doctors, scammers, snake oil salesmen, and ganefs who advise such practices with your hard-earned $$$, and the possibility that you'll actually harm your health by engaging in such nonsense.

desslok
01-14-2015, 10:30 AM
ers, snake oil salesmen, and ganefs

Actually learned something from this thread, a new word.

ironwill2008
01-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Actually learned something from this thread, a new word.

Good deal.

I learned that (and several other interesting and highly descriptive Yiddish words) from an old gentleman for whom I used to work, way, way back in the day. I learned a heck of a lot from him about life in general, and how to deal effectively with it's ups and downs.

R.I.P., Sam; I still remember you. :)

IzTriv
01-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Save your money and your sugar levels and drink lots of water instead.

Connor1226
01-14-2015, 11:47 AM

Couldn't have said it better.

Heff24
01-14-2015, 12:03 PM
I wasn’t thinking about spending money on anything, i was just curious in what it is because i searched on google and I was still no satisfied with the research and the majority of the results were recipes. But anyway, thank you a lot guys, I’m still without an answer but at least I know that detox smoothie is some kind bull**** and there’s is nothing like clean water...

digistp
01-14-2015, 12:11 PM
My questions are, what is a detox smoothie and what's their benefits?

I’m still without an answer but at least I know that detox smoothie is some kind bull**** and there’s is nothing like clean water...
strong contradiction

EjnarKolinkar
01-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Any time I see the word detox in the nutritional context, I hit the back arrow.

Sometimes after posting this.

Its nonsense.

johnmackay
01-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Q: Do you know what detoxes your body?

A: Your liver

Just eat a clean non-processed foods diet; drink plenty of fluids and let your liver do it's work.

JerryB
01-14-2015, 01:34 PM

I think they are nonsense.

gbullock32
01-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Q: Do you know what detoxes your body?

A: Your liver

Just eat a clean non-processed foods diet; drink plenty of fluids and let your liver do it's work.Dunno man, drank some bad milk before and I felt very detoxed by the end of that... felt like nothing was inside me at all; would not recommend that... clean up was... not fun.

ironwill2008
01-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Dunno man, drank some bad milk before and I felt very detoxed by the end of that... felt like nothing was inside me at all; would not recommend that... clean up was... not fun.

Understood.

Ate some bad Sara Lee deli turkey ( found out a week later there was a recall due to contamination with Listeria, but not early enough to save me) many years ago. That's the sickest I've ever been in my life; I'd have had to get better to die. At the worst of it, even a drink of plain water would go straight through me, without stopping for a minute.

sandyr9
01-14-2015, 03:18 PM

Agreed