PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to gain weight!!!!!

kurage25
01-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Hey guys I just recently started going to the gym and working out (about 4 times a week for the past month) currently im about 5'10 and weigh 130lbs and im just looking for advice on how to possibly bulk up. If you have any suggestions for food or supplements that might help please share. I have had a few friends suggest taking super mass in addition to working out to add weight but, I was unsure if taking it was even necessary. Thanks again for your help

ErikTheElectric
01-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Don't get a gainer, it's just processed fast food.

EAT REAL FOOD.
Train your ass off.
Eat more.

kurage25
01-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Don't get a gainer, it's just processed fast food.

EAT REAL FOOD.
Train your ass off.
Eat more.

Thanks for the reply. I figured just eating more and working out would be the best solution. would you say buying protein to have a shake before and after workouts would be beneficial or is that not really necessary either?

ErikTheElectric
01-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. I figured just eating more and working out would be the best solution. would you say buying protein to have a shake before and after workouts would be beneficial or is that not really necessary either?

Why would you need it before/after? Are you not able to eat enough whole food protein sources?

kurage25
01-11-2015, 11:48 PM
Why would you need it before/after? Are you not able to eat enough whole food protein sources?
Not that im not able to but, rather I know I don't consume enough in my regular diet. As of now between work, school, and the gym itself I don't have much time to extensively plan out my meals. Granted i still eat a least 3 times a day and try to watch what i eat.

Intervals
01-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Coming from an 'ectomorph' myself.. I understand that the struggle is real because of our fast metabolism. What you need to do is get a simple bmr calculator to decide how much you should be eating daily and eat about 200-500 calories above that each day. You can add in a protein shake or make an easy clean mass gainer yourself. One tip that I offer is to pickup a nutrition book or read the stickies so you don't turn into one of those dudes who just bulks quickly and gets fat. If you eat more than you burn, you will gain weight. They key is to EAT

ErikTheElectric
01-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Not that im not able to but, rather I know I don't consume enough in my regular diet. As of now between work, school, and the gym itself I don't have much time to extensively plan out my meals. Granted i still eat a least 3 times a day and try to watch what i eat.

You could solve all of this by actually TRACKING what you eat.