PDA

View Full Version : ::Dallas Cowboys Official 2015 Off-Season Thread::

SteveGolds
01-11-2015, 10:00 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/1123/nfl_a_romo3_600x600.jpg

Hey guys. Please subscribe to this thread and post your thoughts throughout the upcoming off-season. I would like to get started here and post some things I would love for the team to seek out this off-season.

We really need help with our pass rush. It is pretty bad. The loss of D. Ware was definitely needed for cap space but damn we definitely felt that loss in our pass rush. On top of the pass rush we could use a better cornerback. We need to drop Carr to #3 and pick up another solid CB. Hopefully someone will be available in free agency to help us out next year.

I'm not huge on College football so I don't know of any potential good pass rushers or defensive backs coming out in this year's draft, but if you know of any good prospects that we could end up with, please share them. I think our linebacking core of Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, and Rolando Mcclain will be pretty awesome next year assuming they can all stay healthy.

Also, we obviously need to get Dez Bryant a good deal. And we need to try our best to keep Murray. A lot of Cowboy fans are saying he is replaceable because of our good O-Line, but I don't think that is quite the case. If we keep him and try our best not to burn him out as much earlier in the regular season next year, we can hopefully get even more out of him throughout the year.

So to wrap up my post, these are the things I really hope the Cowboys accomplish in the off-season:

1. Resign Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray cot damnit
2. Try to keep the coaching staff together. I heard that we might lose our Defensive Coordinator to Tampa Bay though
3. Look to Free Agency for a solid CB to bump Carr down to #3 (or get rid of him entirely and replace him as well)
4. Look to the draft or free agency for a good pass rushing defensive end and another CB

snakehips31
01-11-2015, 10:08 PM
5. Put aside more money to pay off refs

JUGGERNAUT1333
01-12-2015, 04:42 AM
Its hard to accurately judge the secondary when the pass rush is non existant. There are very few secondaries that succeed with a weak pass rush. When WRs have 7 seconds to get open, eventually someone will.

1.) Pass Rush is #1 priority. I know Dallas was bottom of the barrel in sacks this year.

2.) Dez isn't going anywhere, but I'm up in the air with Murray. Just don't see how we can afford him and sign other players as well.

3.) Have to cut Claiborne, he just hasn't panned out. Carr has played alot better 2nd half of the season, plus cutting him results in ALOT of dead money. They can't afford that.

KBaller33
01-12-2015, 05:19 AM
Resign who we need to resign then improve the D-line. If Rodgers was healthy the Packers would've dropped 40 on us. He had all day to stand there and throw yesterday. We improved the O-line, we can do the same for the D-line