PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Farange: multiculturalism has failed (jan 10)

Spartan5364
01-11-2015, 04:43 AM
http://www.inquisitr.com/1743625/nigel-farage-charlie-hebdo-attack-proves-multiculturalism-has-failed-video/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+%28The+Inquisit r+-+News%29

“So let’s recognize the mistakes we’ve made. Uncontrolled immigration, just not knowing in many cases who the people were who are coming into our country… the biggest mistake the governments have made, we have promoted multiculturalism. We have promoted division within our societies. We have said to large numbers of people, ‘you can come here from any part of the world. Oh, and by the way, please don’t bother to learn our language, don’t integrate in any way at all. You can take over whole parts of our towns and cities, and we’ll say it’s made us a wonderful diverse nation.’ That hasn’t worked. So learn those mistakes from the past…”

OopsWrongThread
01-11-2015, 05:01 AM
We've officially learned it pays to be phobic of some xenos. This is a proud turn for the west.

xhezmie
01-11-2015, 06:11 AM
I don't even think immigration quanitity is that bad. I'd rather they came from America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc. I think immigration should only be allowed to those people.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 06:13 AM
http://www.inquisitr.com/1743625/nigel-farage-charlie-hebdo-attack-proves-multiculturalism-has-failed-video/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+%28The+Inquisit r+-+News%29

Nigel and UKIP are by far the best party in Europe

StevePT
01-11-2015, 06:22 AM
I hope to god they have as big impact as people think they will, cameron promises an EU referendum by 2017 which in all honesty is too far away and was only a defence tactic to the recent rise of UKIP, if people see that deadline they will feel more rushed to come here and in 2 years a LOT more people can come here further pulling down our country into the abyss.

I worked in a call centre for a week (possibly worst week of work I have ever done) simply calling random numbers of people across the country compiling data on their plans for the 2015 general election, this was in September before we had an idea of manifestos, and the majority of people I spoke to whether they were 20 or 60, male or female, or whatever area they reside a lot said they have voted labour or conservative every time they vote but have gotten to the point where immigration is having an impact on almost everyone in this country and votes are swaying towards UKIP. If what I learnt from that week is representative of the countries views as a whole we might have a complete change of the government in this country, one can only hope.

UKIP ftw

clive
01-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Multiculturalism can work but only if people are intelligent, tolerant and accept change, how often does that happen!

hewhodar3s
01-11-2015, 06:29 AM
I am a big fan of UKIP's sensible migration policy, which will treat everyone fairly under a points based system - that way we get all the benefits of migration without so many of the negatives. We really need to remove ourselves from the EU ASAP too, only UKIP would do it.

xhezmie
01-11-2015, 06:29 AM
I hope to god they have as big impact as people think they will, cameron promises an EU referendum by 2017 which in all honesty is too far away and was only a defence tactic to the recent rise of UKIP, if people see that deadline they will feel more rushed to come here and in 2 years a LOT more people can come here further pulling down our country into the abyss.

I worked in a call centre for a week (possibly worst week of work I have ever done) simply calling random numbers of people across the country compiling data on their plans for the 2015 general election, this was in September before we had an idea of manifestos, and the majority of people I spoke to whether they were 20 or 60, male or female, or whatever area they reside a lot said they have voted labour or conservative every time they vote but have gotten to the point where immigration is having an impact on almost everyone in this country and votes are swaying towards UKIP. If what I learnt from that week is representative of the countries views as a whole we might have a complete change of the government in this country, one can only hope.

UKIP ftwUkip are polling quite low recently, at around 14%. I just hope the real figure is a lot higher than that, for whatever reason. The party has a lot of retards in it, I just hope they get a lot of defections from Labour/Conservatives so they get some legit MPs in there. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming election.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 06:31 AM
I am a big fan of UKIP's sensible migration policy, which will treat everyone fairly under a points based system - that way we get all the benefits of migration without so many of the negatives. We really need to remove ourselves from the EU ASAP too, only UKIP would do it.

Correct me if I wrong, but the weak point in Ukip is that they don't have much support in the London area, outside of London there a party to reckon with. Is that a correct assumption.

CynicalAtheist
01-11-2015, 06:31 AM
Multiculturalism can work but only if people are intelligent, tolerant and accept change, how often does that happen!

When there's a certain religion involved practically never.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Ukip are polling quite low recently, at around 14%. I just hope the real figure is a lot higher than that, for whatever reason. The party has a lot of retards in it, I just hope they get a lot of defections from Labour/Conservatives so they get some legit MPs in there. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming election.

The Party has a lot of retards, what party doesn't? Look at Labour and the Tories, half those supporters and politicians alike are absolutely nuts. Case in point the leader of Labour Ed Midelbrand dude looks like a alien and is a Idiot every time he opens his mouth. Cameron is spineless so those are the two guys you have that are frontrunners and people are okay with it.

hewhodar3s
01-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Ukip are polling quite low recently, at around 14%. I just hope the real figure is a lot higher than that, for whatever reason. The party has a lot of retards in it, I just hope they get a lot of defections from Labour/Conservatives so they get some legit MPs in there. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming election.

The last YouGov poll was 18% for UKIP

Correct me if I wrong, but the weak point in Ukip is that they don't have much support in the London area, outside of London there a party to reckon with. Is that a correct assumption.

London is very multicultural, and migrants get too frightened to vote UKIP because of lies in the media (UKIP would send everyone home, migrants wouldn't be treated fairly etc), so yes London isn't a good area for UKIP at all.

I remember seeing maps of UKIP support and everyone being amazed they are strongest where there are fewer migrants!

StevePT
01-11-2015, 06:38 AM

I think they have so many retards within the party because they have had to grow and expand so quickly, having to take on so many so fast some with a more extreme agenda are bound to slip through, farage is doing well so far but they still have a way to come. If we weren't so pressed for time UKIP could build themselves up slower and more efficiently but the election is only a few months away and only a year ago farage was saying they would have no chance in a general election, now look how far they have come, this definitely says something about the will of the people.

Kurnuk
01-11-2015, 06:40 AM
This would be required from both sides, not just the citizens of the host country. A beautiful idea, but will not work in practice.

21infantry
London is very multicultural, and migrants get too frightened to vote UKIP because of lies in the media (UKIP would send everyone home, migrants wouldn't be treated fairly etc), so yes London isn't a good area for UKIP at all.

I remember seeing maps of UKIP support and everyone being amazed they are strongest where there are fewer migrants!

Thanks for the tip, I have sent money to Ukip last year, not much about 100 quid. In before the British Media tracks down my donation as UKIP receives money from evil right wing Republican base voters.

StevePT

Got a source on those maps at all? would be interesting to see

hewhodar3s
01-11-2015, 06:42 AM
Got a source on those maps at all? would be interesting to see

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3itNOlCUAAmII7.jpg

Ukip mapped: Nigel Farage is most popular in areas where immigration is lowest

http://www.cityam.com/1414419679/ukip,-mapped-nigel-farage-most-popular-in-areas-with-the-fewest-immigrants

Another interesting map

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2-Q-BXIYAEonZD.jpg

Spartan5364
01-11-2015, 06:44 AM

http://www.cityam.com/1414419679/ukip,-mapped-nigel-farage-most-popular-in-areas-with-the-fewest-immigrants

i.e the areas with the most native brits support UKIP. It's a struggle for survival

StevePT
01-11-2015, 06:49 AM

Scary stuff man, i'm assuming this hasn't popped up in the mainstream media? Everything I see now on the BeeBeeCee is anti UKIP and I just sit there in front of the TV getting frustrated at how obviously they are trying to sweep UKIP under the rug and influence people who don't do their own independent research.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Nigel Farage is not only the great hope for the UK but also the continent of Europe. He doesn't have to win this go around to make a huge statement and this year has already been a huge statement for actual Democracy. If UKIP picks up 10 more MP seats in the commons all of a sudden he is a very very dangerous man in and around the UK. I think projections from last month said that UKIP could be poised to take as many as 25 MP seats. They will hold the balance of power and can give there support to who ever they want to build a government of course with something in return.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Those maps show that whales has heavy support for UKIP but I don't think UKIP has any elected officials in whales. What gives?

hewhodar3s
01-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Those maps show that whales has heavy support for UKIP but I don't think UKIP has any elected officials in whales. What gives?

UKIP do have a Welsh MEP. Interesting article here about UKIP Support in Wales

Ukip may become second largest political party in Welsh Assembly after 2016 election

A new election forecast appears to show that Ukip is on track to become the second largest party in the Welsh Assembly, following the 2016 elections.

Data released yesterday from UK-Elect Welsh Assembly elections in 2016 indicated a strong Ukip surge, with the party possibly taking as many as 11 seats and placing second only to Labour in the national governing body.

The forecast base was the 2011 Welsh Assembly election, which saw the 30 Labour Assembly Members, 14 Conservatives, 11 members of Plaid Cymru and five Liberal Democrats take their seats in the partially devolved 60 member assembly and used a Uniform National Swing method to calculate the results.

The forecaster then allocates the seats to the first party in each constituency and performs a d’Hondt calculation on the forecast regional results to allocate the additional members.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ukip-may-become-second-largest-political-party-in-welsh-assembly-after-2016-election-9860565.html

nutsy54
01-11-2015, 07:32 AM
This would be required from both sides, not just the citizens of the host country. A beautiful idea, but will not work in practice.
Why should the existing citizens of a "host country" have to change anything?

BRB - I want to join your club, and now I'll demand you change to accommodate me because I don't like your club.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 07:43 AM
He is right, but the liberal agenda depends on it.

Wh1teDyn0mite
01-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Ohhh Nigel Farage pride of Britain!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ZenBowman
01-11-2015, 09:30 AM
I think he is absolutely right on the fact that immigration requires deep cultural re-examination. It is a difficult process, and should not be thought of as just a passport swap.

From another thread on the misc:

I agree with the general sentiment, but disagree with the idea that you have to blindly accept the new culture.

I think you should make an effort to learn the basic principles of the host country, and assimilate the good parts of the new culture, as well as use the opportunity to re-examine your home country's culture through the new lens of an immigrant.

To ground this in a real example, when I first moved to America (coming from Asia), I went through the normal culture shock of being surprised by the rampant sexuality, was very startled by the mystifying love for guns, and also wasn't comfortable with how direct people were. I spent some time studying American history, and reading about great American men like Thomas Paine, Dwight Eisenhower, and Thomas Jefferson, and began to understand what I now see as the "American ideal". From this, I was able to begin to understand why Americans are as they are.

At the same time, I don't reject my earlier culture completely. There are some things I very much appreciate about it - the close family ties, more conservative sexual attitude, treating people with respect by default. But there are some things of American culture I have fully adopted, I went from being an anti-gun fearful kid to being a man who appreciates what the 2nd amendment means. I appreciate greatly that American ideal of the "frontierman", the appreciation for people who build things with their own two hands and are fiercely independent. There is a lot to love about the American culture, even if you reject some of its aspects (rampant sexuality and materialism).

I think you can only immigrate successfully if you are willing to re-examine and challenge your core beliefs. I don't believe that blindly substituting your old culture for the new one is the way to do it, however, you have to come at it with an attitude of humility and not automatically believe your old culture is superior.

The issue with what I call "mass immigration", is that it allows people to come over and live in a country, without ever re-examining their own beliefs. This is deeply destructive, both for them, and for the country they move to. If you move from Syria to the UK, but continue acting as if Syrian culture is far superior to the country of your host nation, it breeds an arrogance that is deadly. You begin to have contempt for the culture of your host country, and from there radicalization is one jihadi forum away.

You need a certain degree of humility in order to immigrate successfully, and ideally, immigration wouldn't "end" once you receive your permanent residency to a country, but rather, you should re-examine how well an immigrant has assimilated ten years in, and use that to determine whether to grant a more permanent status. Or at least use those statistics to determine which countries/cultures/religions you should be getting your immigrants from.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:46 AM
I think he is absolutely right on the fact that immigration requires deep cultural re-examination. It is a difficult process, and should not be thought of as just a passport swap.

From another thread on the misc:

The issue with what I call "mass immigration", is that it allows people to come over and live in a country, without ever re-examining their own beliefs. This is deeply destructive, both for them, and for the country they move to. If you move from Syria to the UK, but continue acting as if Syrian culture is far superior to the country of your host nation, it breeds an arrogance that is deadly. You begin to have contempt for the culture of your host country, and from there radicalization is one jihadi forum away.

You need a certain degree of humility in order to immigrate successfully, and ideally, immigration wouldn't "end" once you receive your permanent residency to a country, but rather, you should re-examine how well an immigrant has assimilated ten years in, and use that to determine whether to grant a more permanent status. Or at least use those statistics to determine which countries/cultures/religions you should be getting your immigrants from.

No one is asking to them throw away everything about their culture.

But it is like the people who want to abolish "Merry Christmas". I wouldn't go to live in another country and expect them to speak my language and offer everything in my language.

VagnerLove
01-11-2015, 09:50 AM
I'd say the recent events in France have helped UKIP greatly, there'll definitely be more people voting for them now

xhezmie
01-11-2015, 10:25 AM
I'd say the recent events in France have helped UKIP greatly, there'll definitely be more people voting for them nowI can only see Europe going further down the ****ter very quickly, in terms of poverty, feminism, immigration, radical Islam etc. The quicker these changes come, the more people are going to notice it as being a problem and the sooner we can start dealing with it.

Hitler-
“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.”

xhezmie
01-11-2015, 10:42 AM
The way I see the situation is that most politicians simply don't want to offend anyone. They support the rights of extremists, they do not punish them for preaching violence, then when they come bombing your ordinary folk, the politician will come putting their arms around the victims of the terrorism.
That way, they pretend like they're on everybody's side, and avoid offending anyone.

I'm starting to think that ordinary folk shouldn't have anything to do with politics, they vote in people who are great speakers, not great people, and then they pressure them into ****ing up the country because they will call them racists if they don't bend over for immigrants.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 10:46 AM
I've made this point here before, but it deserves repeating. Multiculturalism is about the integration of various cultures/backgrounds into the host society. Too many of the immigrants in Europe are NOT pro-multiculturalsm though, and instead follow an ideology that is quite the opposite. Just look at many of the countries where these immigrants are coming from, and you'll see tons of "purging" and cleansing" of those who are different. So those who rail against multiculturalism are just giving cover for the radicals, and marginalizing their own opinion in mainstream society.

People keep asking if radical Islam can infest America like in Europe, and the answer is no because we are a Multi-cultural nation. Doesn't matter who comes here(Asian/Latino/African/European), they all integrate after a generation or so. We have no tolerance for "no go" zones, and for the most part we get rustled if you fuk with our liberties/freedom(though that's changing).

xhezmie
01-11-2015, 10:51 AM
I've made this point here before, but it deserves repeating. Multiculturalism is about the integration of various cultures/backgrounds into the host society. Too many of the immigrants in Europe are NOT pro-multiculturalsm though, and instead follow an ideology that is quite the opposite. Just look at many of the countries where these immigrants are coming from, and you'll see tons of "purging" and cleansing" of those who are different. So those who rail against multiculturalism are just giving cover for the radicals, and marginalizing their opinion in mainstream society.

People keep asking if radical Islam can infest America like in Europe, and the answer is no because we are a Multi-cultural nation. Doesn't matter who comes here(Asian/Latino/African/European), they all integrate after a generation or so. We have no tolerance for "no go" zones, and for the most part we get rustled if you fuk with our liberties/freedom(though that's changing).Your country might be a lot tougher than Europe is currently, but beware of the effects the liberals are having on your country. One minute they're talking about equality, the next minute they want you to dole out benefits (i think you call it welfare) to all immigrants because of "white guilt" and the fact America was founded by immigrants.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Your country might be a lot tougher than Europe is currently, but beware of the effects the liberals are having on your country. One minute they're talking about equality, the next minute they want you to dole out benefits (i think you call it welfare) to all immigrants because of "white guilt" and the fact America was founded by immigrants.
Equality is counter to the goal of radical Islam. But i do agree about giving out benefits to immigrants, we have to use good sense there.

Judge_Joe_Brown
01-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Is this the same Nigel Farage, who some of his supporters paid thousands of pounds to see and he ended up not showing and blaming it on immigrants because they take up the highways?

lmao

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-blames-late-arrival-at-his-own-ukip-meettheleader-event-on-immigration-9909086.html

hewhodar3s
01-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Is this the same Nigel Farage, who some of his supporters paid thousands of pounds to see and he ended up not showing and blaming it on immigrants because they take up the highways?

lmao

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-blames-late-arrival-at-his-own-ukip-meettheleader-event-on-immigration-9909086.html

Uncontrolled mass migration = over crowding. How shocking!

RIKTER
01-11-2015, 12:14 PM
LOL@OP or anyone else that thinks multiculturalism has failed...its done exactly whats meant to do....which is to "fundamentally transform" by using our democratically elected representative govt against us...I don't understand what part of that some here are not able to grasp. BRB thinking those who believe/finance multiculturalism do so for altruistic reasons, etc LOL

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 12:21 PM
I've made this point here before, but it deserves repeating. Multiculturalism is about the integration of various cultures/backgrounds into the host society. Too many of the immigrants in Europe are NOT pro-multiculturalsm though, and instead follow an ideology that is quite the opposite. Just look at many of the countries where these immigrants are coming from, and you'll see tons of "purging" and cleansing" of those who are different. So those who rail against multiculturalism are just giving cover for the radicals, and marginalizing their own opinion in mainstream society.

People keep asking if radical Islam can infest America like in Europe, and the answer is no because we are a Multi-cultural nation. Doesn't matter who comes here(Asian/Latino/African/European), they all integrate after a generation or so. We have no tolerance for "no go" zones, and for the most part we get rustled if you fuk with our liberties/freedom(though that's changing).

Please take "independent" out of your signature.

No one is buying it, and you are further left than some on MSNBC

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Please take "independent" out of your signature.

No one is buying it, and you are further left than some on MSNBC
I'm more conservative than YOU! LMFAO

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 12:51 PM

You are a liberal-apologist, and the first to defend any and all policies from the left.

Including "multiculturalism"

21infantry
01-11-2015, 01:14 PM

Come on man, LOL. You're trolling now!

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Nope, because I'm far more fiscally conservative than Scuba.

ZenBowman
01-11-2015, 01:18 PM

He is being quite accurate.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Nope, because I'm far more fiscally conservative than Scuba.

How can you be more fiscally conservative than Scuba, when I see you time after time propping up leftist American government policy, that requires billions to run. Thats not being fiscally conservative.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 01:20 PM

Please elaborate.

He is marketing himself as an independent when he is an advocate for any and all liberal policies.

ZenBowman
01-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Very astute point.

San Francisco is an example of multiculturalism, whereas places like Bradford are the result of replacing an open & tolerant society with people from a closed, monocultural society.

Mass immigration from countries like Syria, Iraq, or Pakistan, where there is a dominant monoculture and people who oppose it are killed off is not multiculturalism.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Examples please. I wouldn't call Scuba not fiscally conservative. Nijas track record of defending everything from left, is anything but fiscally conservative, as they don't have one policy that either creates wealth or doesn't cost a foot and a leg to run.

ZenBowman
01-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Please elaborate.

He is marketing himself as an independent when he is an advocate for any and all liberal policies.

I've received a ton of complaints about you trolling people hard, and using personal insults. Nobody has to defend their beliefs to you, he made a point relevant to the thread and you attacked him personally.

21infantry
01-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Very astute point.

San Francisco is an example of multiculturalism, whereas places like Bradford are the result of replacing an open & tolerant society with people from a closed, monocultural society.

Mass immigration from countries like Syria, Iraq, or Pakistan, where there is a dominant monoculture and people who oppose it are killed off is not multiculturalism.

And San Fran proper is a sewer.

Streetbull
01-11-2015, 01:27 PM

Yep. There comes a point where letting strangers in is just not worth it.

Streetbull
01-11-2015, 01:35 PM
I'd say the recent events in France have helped UKIP greatly, there'll definitely be more people voting for them now

France is falling apart. Let us hope that UKIP can turn things around in the UK.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 02:03 PM
I've received a ton of complaints about you trolling people hard, and using personal insults. Nobody has to defend their beliefs to you, he made a point relevant to the thread and you attacked him personally.

I see - saying he is left-leaning is now a personal attack. I will have to remember that I am not allowed to do that. I will continue to endure being call a retard, moron, mouth-breather, etc. though.

Regarding his posts, there are no safeguards preventing America from turning into the EU. His claim that we are "multicultural" doesn't fit, because so is Sweden, France, etc.

MancChap
01-11-2015, 02:12 PM

People keep asking if radical Islam can infest America like in Europe, and the answer is no because we are a Multi-cultural nation. Doesn't matter who comes here(Asian/Latino/African/European), they all integrate after a generation or so. We have no tolerance for "no go" zones, and for the most part we get rustled if you fuk with our liberties/freedom(though that's changing).Not sheriff srs. There are no 'no go' zones in the US? Are you sure about that?

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Very astute point.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/top-stories/ci_18116182

"There was so much violence between black and brown people, there were huge fights," she said. "That was shocking. Joining a gang was how I protected myself. I knew this was a group of people that would protect me. It was the only option I had."

"It's absolute madness that Norteños look down on people fresh over the border because they're not as sophisticated, their haircut is different, or their clothing is different and not brand name," Mestas said. "These guys are just a generation away from being in the same boat. Mexicans are killing Mexicans because one was here 15 years longer?"

One effect of this warring is that it can spill over the border. When two Latino men were killed on Seminary Avenue in Oakland a few years ago, four of their brothers in Mexico headed north with plans to retaliate against the Oakland Norteños, who were suspected of the killings. Mestas and his gang unit called on then-state Attorney General Jerry Brown to intercede and deport the brothers. Brown did so, and likely averted a bloodbath.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
No, I'm actually fiscally conservative, as opposed to Neo-Conservatism which is for big spending on things like the military. Both the Dems & Reps are fiscally liberal, they just favor different lobbies. I've been a Paul supporter over the last 2 elections, but will even criticize him when needed because there are no "perfect" candidates. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142782211&p=841435671&viewfull=1#post841435671

-I'm for smart funding of education too, which is also where I differ from Paul. An educated workforce is critical for all nations, and why America is #1 in innovation.

-I'm not for welfare in general, and would prefer a basic income: http://www.libertarianism.org/columns/libertarian-case-basic-income#F59hI7:SsQ
However, the GOP tends to have a "let's just kill welfare" stance that would be reckless and cause more harm than good. Especially considering the job market and shift from low-skill work.

-I have also always been against Obamacare.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123173751
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134578291&p=682148771&viewfull=1#post682148771

-I'm for bringing our troops home, and ending the "free" defense America has been giving the World at taxpayer's expense. For the last 50 years, our infrastructure has crumbled while we spend money nation building. Makes no sense except for the military contractors, and corps getting government contracts. $1 trillion dollars to remove Saddam, and let the crazies like ISIS take over Iraq, seems like massive waste. Meanwhile corps like Halliburton make billions.
http://leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/iraq-top-10-corporate-winners.jpg

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Please elaborate.

Hmm, I don't know about that. The party of Lincoln used to be pro-multiculturalism. It was liberals like Woodrow Wilson(father of modern liberalism) & many Dems who were pushing racial divides hard. But...I guess times change. Neo-Conservatism has taken over the last 40 some years for the GOP.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Very astute point.

Exactly. Perhaps the most impactful part of the 1st amendment is freedom of religion. Even though America is largely Christian, it's more about tradition here. We keep governance secular, and religion personal. This is what many other nations need badly.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 04:33 PM
HEy Tae -

How much should we cut welfare spending, which amounts to 50% of the budget (approximately) - since you are "fiscally conservative".

You constantly say we need to cut the military, which protects you from the "multiculturalism" you "don't want" here.

RIKTER
01-11-2015, 04:37 PM
ITT I learn that lefties are actually fiscally conservative because they want to cut the military!!11!

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 05:08 PM
HEy Tae -

How much should we cut welfare spending, which amounts to 50% of the budget (approximately) - since you are "fiscally conservative".
If we went to a basic income, you could consoladate government assitance into one monthly stipend.

1) A Basic Income Guarantee would be much better than the current welfare state.

Current federal social welfare programs in the United States are an expensive, complicated mess. According to Michael Tanner, the federal government spent more than $668 billion on over one hundred and twenty-six anti-poverty programs in 2012. When you add in the $284 billion spent by state and local governments, that amounts to $20,610 for every poor person in America.

Wouldn’t it be better just to write the poor a check?

Each one of those anti-poverty programs comes with its own bureaucracy and its own Byzantine set of rules. If you want to shrink the size and scope of government, eliminating those departments and replacing them with a program so simple it could virtually be administered by a computer seems like a good place to start. Eliminating bloated bureaucracies means more money in the hands of the poor and lower costs to the taxpayer. Win/Win.

A Basic Income Guarantee would also be considerably less paternalistic then the current welfare state, which is the bastard child of “conservative judgment and progressive condescension” toward the poor, in Andrea Castillo’s choice words. Conservatives want to help the poor, but only if they can demonstrate that they deserve it by jumping through a series of hoops meant to demonstrate their willingness to work, to stay off drugs, and preferably to settle down into a nice, stable, bourgeois family life. And while progressives generally reject this attempt to impose traditional values on the poor, they have almost always preferred in-kind grants to cash precisely as a way of making sure the poor get the help they “really” need. Shouldn’t we trust poor people to know what they need better than the federal government?
http://www.libertarianism.org/columns/libertarian-case-basic-income#F59hI7:SsQ

We could cut quite a bit on welfare this way, make its TRUE costs transparent and easier to manage, and the money circulations back into the economy much more fluidly.

Improving education also is key for cutting welfare.

You constantly say we need to cut the military, which protects you from the "multiculturalism" you "don't want" here.
How so? America didn't start playing World cop until the Cold War, and we all known that's when the military-industrial complex took off.

Here's what the last great GOP president said in 1961:

8y06NSBBRtY

What has our involvement in the Middle East brought us? Oil corps have made billions, but taxpayers still shell out cash for oil, and billions more for military operations.

Our manipulations haven't "protected" us, but instead made us less safe by a mile.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Didnt answer the question

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Didnt answer the question
How did I not answer your question? I want to eliminate welfare programs and move toward a basic income. I want to consolidate it, instead of having all these separate parts. Then you can easily regulate the amount, and we would be able to dismantle all these costly agencies.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 06:20 PM
How did I not answer your question? I want to eliminate welfare programs and move toward a basic income. I want to consolidate it, instead of having all these separate parts. Then you can easily regulate the amount, and we would be able to dismantle all these costly agencies.

Basic income= welfare with pc liberal name

And please provide dollar amounts to how much your welfare cuts will save with sources

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 06:57 PM

And please provide dollar amounts to how much your welfare cuts will save with sources
Here's a link that breaks down welfare benefits/year by state. What you'll notice is just how much we pay is generally around $30k. http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/08/19/work-or-welfare-what-pays-more/

Now compare that to the poverty line for a single adult ($11,490), and for a family of four ($23,550). You could greatly reduce costs. Hell, you could pay an amount well above the poverty line and easily save quite a bit on costs, and I haven't even factored in the money saved from not needing government workers to process all those programs.

flairon
01-11-2015, 06:59 PM
scuba has such a hardon for welfare recipients. He's clawed long and hard to make his $13/hr...he doesn't want the competition

Hannity
01-11-2015, 06:59 PM

I'm loling at Scubastevo and his one-liners comebacks. LMFAO

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Here's a link that breaks down welfare benefits/year by state. What you'll notice is just how much we pay is generally around $30k. http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/08/19/work-or-welfare-what-pays-more/

Now compare that to the poverty line for a single adult ($11,490), and for a family of four ($23,550). You could greatly reduce costs. Hell, you could pay an amount well above the poverty line and easily save quite a bit on costs, and I haven't even factored in the money saved from not needing government workers to process all those programs.

So let's say we have a basic income set at 11,490. (LMFAO have fun feeding a family of this!!)

Let us say that we have 150,000,000-200,000,000 on the program.

$11,490 x 150,000,000 = $1,723,500,000,000

That is being EXTREMELY generous to your argument, because we know it would be closer to 200,000,000 on this "basic income". And we both know that all welfare would not be eliminated with it (THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!)

And we all know the income level would probably be MUCH higher.

So, please, highlight the cost savings for me again?????????

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 07:28 PM
So let's say we have a basic income set at 11,490. (LMFAO have fun feeding a family of this!!)

Let us say that we have 150,000,000-200,000,000 on the program.

$11,490 x 150,000,000 = $1,723,500,000,000

That is being EXTREMELY generous to your argument, because we know it would be closer to 200,000,000 on this "basic income". And we both know that all welfare would not be eliminated with it (THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!)

And we all know the income level would probably be MUCH higher.

So, please, highlight the cost savings for me again?????????
First, I'm not sure where you're getting 150-200 million stipends going out. There are only 117,538,000 households in America according to the last census.

Second, around 50% of households get some kind benefits, so we're talking more in the 60,000,000 stipend range. The amount would likely be gauged based on household size(with a cap), and household income too, which is also something to consider.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 07:34 PM
First, I'm not sure where you're getting 150-200 million stipends going out. There are only 117,538,000 households in America according to the last census.

Second, around 50% of households get some kind benefits, so we're talking more in the 60,000 stipend range. The amount would likely be gauged based on household size(with a cap), and household income too, which is also something to consider.

HOLY SH*T!

Where do I sign!

You mean we will replace all social security, welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, etc. with $11,xxx * 60,000????!!!???

$11,490 x 60,000 = $689.400,000

You got yourself a f*(Cking deal brah! You really are a fiscal conservative!!!

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 07:35 PM
HOLY SH*T!

Where do I sign!

You mean we will replace all social security, welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, etc. with $11,xxx * 60,000????!!!???

$11,490 x 60,000 = $689.400,000

You got yourself a f*(Cking deal brah! You really are a fiscal conservative!!!
LOL, I wrote 60,000 instead of 60,000,000

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
LOL, I wrote 60,000 instead of 60,000,000

Ok, so $689,400,000,000.

So, instead of a failed welfare system (social security) that we all pay into and get a lot less ROI on, we will instead ALL pay into a system and most of us will not get something out of it!

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Ok, so $689,400,000,000.

So, instead of a failed welfare system (social security) that we all pay into and get a lot less ROI on, we will instead ALL pay into a system and most of us will not get something out of it!
You can't just multiply the poverty line times households getting benefits though. In many cases the stipend will be MUCH less. The poverty rate is around 15%, so the number of households getting that full 11k+ would likely be around 20,000,000 with most of the other assisted households getting far less.

That's the beauty of consolidating it. You can gauge it based on actual household income and need, as opposed to the inefficient way we do it now.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM
You can't just multiply the poverty line times households getting benefits though. In many cases the stipend will be MUCH less. The poverty rate is around 15%, so the number of households getting that full 11k+ would likely be around 20,000,000 with most of the other assisted households getting far less.

That's the beauty of consolidating it. You can gauge it based on actual household income and need, as opposed to the inefficient way we do it now.

Ok, so you can't provide any data or sources, just flowery talk like you do in every other thread.

Unfortunately that is not how a fiscal conservative would manage a budget.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Ok, so you can't provide any data or sources, just flowery talk like you do in every other thread.

Unfortunately that is not how a fiscal conservative would manage a budget.
I already posted data...you have multiple replies referencing it.

Oh, and you're right. Fiscal conservatives LOVE endless government programs instead of a single basic income that can be easily managed, while reducing administrative costs. Fiscal conservatives LOVE sending billions overseas every year for operations that benefit foreign governments and corporations. God I wish Dubya was back in office so he could start practicing again that Fiscal Conservatism that Scuba loved so much...

BMOC325
01-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Isn't farage the guy who is fine with immigration from places like India and Pakistan over places in Eastern Europe?

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 08:18 PM
I already posted data...you have multiple replies referencing it.

Oh, and you're right. Fiscal conservatives LOVE endless government programs instead of a single basic income that can be easily managed, while reducing administrative costs. Fiscal conservatives LOVE sending billions overseas every year for operations that benefit foreign governments and corporations. God I wish Dubya was back in office so he could start practicing again that Fiscal Conservatism that Scuba loved so much...

No, you gave me a bunch of jazz about prorating it based on income or whatever else the f*9k you said.

It is great obfuscation though.

LMFAO

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
No, you gave me a bunch of jazz about prorating it based on income or whatever else the f*9k you said.

It is great obfuscation though.

LMFAO
The problem is you want simple answers for complex problems.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 08:26 PM
The problem is you want simple answers for complex problems.

Promises budget savings

Has no data to support "budget savings"

LMFAO

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Promises budget savings

Has no data to support "budget savings"

LMFAO
The stipend amount will already be lower based on the $30k average we give out now. But I have no interest going in circles with you.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 08:43 PM
The stipend amount will already be lower based on the $30k average we give out now. But I have no interest going in circles with you.

That's great. Come back when you can plan the budget around your proposal.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 08:47 PM
That's great. Come back when you can plan the budget around your proposal.
I already posted how the budgeting will work, but...apparently it's a bit over your head.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
I already posted how the budgeting will work, but...apparently it's a bit over your head.

Insulting my intelligence? Is that a personal attack???

LMFAO

Here is how budgeting works:

I have x revenues

I have y expenses

In order to operate next year, I must present a budget.

A budget does not work if you go: Hey, we will consider the feels of our feels, and then feel accordingly.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Insulting my intelligence? Is that a personal attack???

LMFAO

Here is how budgeting works:

I have x revenues

I have y expenses

In order to operate next year, I must present a budget.

A budget does not work if you go: Hey, we will consider the feels of our feels, and then feel accordingly.
"apparently it's a bit over your head" = personal attack?? notsureifsrs.jpg

And are you asking me to write up a complete US budget? lol. Why are you even mentioning revenues when this is dealing with welfare?

Let me make it simple for you: (average household assistance) X (number of households receiving assistance) = cost of basic income

I'm not the CBO, so I can't give you exact numbers, but it falls well below the 30k average we're giving out right now with the bloated welfare system.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:04 PM
"apparently it's a bit over your head" = personal attack?? notsureifsrs.jpg

And are you asking me to write up a complete US budget? lol. Why are you even mentioning revenues when this is dealing with welfare?

Let me make it simple for you: (average household assistance) X (number of households receiving assistance) = cost of basic income

I'm not the CBO, so I can't give you exact numbers, but it falls well below the 30k average we're giving out right now with the bloated welfare system.

LMFAO

1. Why are you even mentioning revnues when dealing with welfare????? LMFAO How is welfare funded? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

2. Great. This is your proposal. Do the math and tell us what the U.S. tax payers will be on the hook for and what their savings will be.

3. So the CBO is required to do basic multiplication? Or you are saying you aren't the CBO, but enact my bleeding heart liberal policy so I can feel good?

Mr Beer
01-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Scooby reminds me somewhat of Cartman. Loud, ignorant, troll-ish, runs his mouth 24/7, hates hippies...of course I'm not saying that he's fat and that his mother's a whore. That would be unkind.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Scooby reminds me somewhat of Cartman. Loud, ignorant, troll-ish, runs his mouth 24/7, hates hippies...of course I'm not saying that he's fat and that his mother's a whore. That would be unkind.

Oh good, Taeboe - back up is here!

Full of fun personal attacks and insults to a guy who is citing sources and using hard facts/math to back up his statements!

LMFAO

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 09:13 PM
LMFAO

1. Why are you even mentioning revnues when dealing with welfare????? LMFAO How is welfare funded? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

2. Great. This is your proposal. Do the math and tell us what the U.S. tax payers will be on the hook for and what their savings will be.

3. So the CBO is required to do basic multiplication? Or you are saying you aren't the CBO, but enact my bleeding heart liberal policy so I can feel good?
1) You're all over the place. We were discussing welfare, not how the government was funded.

2) The numbers dip below $500 bil, but I would have to calculate every variable per household with complete data to get exact figures.

3) Calculating a budget is more than just "multiplication". Much of this is based on household composition, income level, and assistance needed. Still far less than the 30k in benefits we pay now.

michiganiron19
01-11-2015, 09:16 PM
About fuking time someone said it.

Here's a fun idea - promote that idea to libs on other forums or in real life and count how many times they call you "bigoted" or intolerant, just for the lulz.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:17 PM
1) You're all over the place. We were discussing welfare, not how the government was funded.

2) The numbers dip below $500 bil, but I would have to calculate every variable per household with complete data to get exact figures.

3) Calculating a budget is more than just "multiplication". Much of this is based on household composition, income level, and assistance needed. Still far less than the 30k in benefits we pay now.

budget

Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
an [B]estimate, often itemized, of expected income and expense for a given period in the future.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/budget

michiganiron19
01-11-2015, 09:17 PM

There are no radical Islamists in the US? What gave you that idea?

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:18 PM
About fuking time someone said it.

Here's a fun idea - promote that idea to libs on other forums or in real life and count how many times they call you "bigoted" or intolerant, just for the lulz.

What scuba has been called in this thread so far:

dense, ignorant, loud, cartman, trollish, bigoted, etc.

LMFAO

rocker1
01-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Isn't farage the guy who is fine with immigration from places like India and Pakistan over places in Eastern Europe?

When they speak about "immigration" it is always the open Euro border which Farage and his supporters are motivated by.

All of the British elite, conservative or liberal, are fawning "commonwealthers."

Poland and Hungry means nothing to them and the open Euro border system when they know the greatest economic and cultural standing the British kindgom has is it's symbiotic relationship with the surging rise of it's commonwealth.

Which is why I laugh at Eastern Europeans like Spartan and racialized conservative quacks from the US like that guy posted in Germany said he sent money to UKIP.

The British government will always be more sensitive to anything that hurts it's "special relationship" with a place even like Pakistan, let alone other commonwealth members, then it will be about addressing the Polish cross border migration.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 09:23 PM
There are no radical Islamists in the US? What gave you that idea?
I never said there were no radicals in the US. I said America wasn't infested with radical Islam like in Europe.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:26 PM
TaeBoe regarding budgeting:

gOq3O8g1xw4

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
TaeBoe regarding budgeting:

gOq3O8g1xw4
Cliffs:
brb Scuba says I'm not fiscally conservative
brb Scuba asks how welfare will be cut
brb I tell him
brb Scuba ignores it and now focuses on "budgeting"
brb inb4 LMFAO

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Cliffs:
brb Scuba says I'm not fiscally conservative
brb Scuba asks how welfare will be cut
brb I tell him
brb Scuba ignores it and now focuses on "budgeting"
brb inb4 LMFAO

When you discover the basics of how a government, or any operation, operates, let me know, and we will resume our discussion.

rocker1
01-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Taebo you must have a really developed patience mechanism for trying to have a logical discussion with Scuba.

TaeBoNinja
01-11-2015, 09:40 PM
When you discover the basics of how a government, or any operation, operates, let me know, and we will resume our discussion.
There is no discussion here. You asked, I gave, and now you're deflecting.

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Taebo you must have a really developed patience mechanism for trying to have a logical discussion with Scuba.

LMFAO

Yet another party-liner with nothing of value to add - just vague insults which I won't pretend butthurt me

LMFAO

ScubaStevo
01-11-2015, 09:42 PM
There is no discussion here. You asked, I gave, and now you're deflecting.

1. Scuba provides factual data, sources, math, and dicitonary definitions.

2. TaeBoe gives vague explanations misted in rhetoric.

3. TaeBoe claims Scuba is the one who is deflecting.

michiganiron19
01-11-2015, 09:46 PM

Pretty big words from someone with the inability to identify anyone with anything other than their skin color.

flairon
01-12-2015, 03:47 AM

lol...why...do you need time to study up on the subject?

CitizenVagrant
01-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Merkel said it in what, 2010? 2009?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/17/angela-merkel-german-multiculturalism-failed

As true then as it was now. It was always true, but no one wanted to believe it. No one will still want to believe it.

But that's the thing with reality and truth. It has a funny way of existing and happening whether you believe in it or not.

Safe to say it's happening, and it's going to keep happening until people stop believing in their own delusion and the lies of idealists. All as it should be. I can't imagine why a rational-thinking individual could possibly think another outcome was probable.

The delusional are being punished for their delusion. What else is there to say? Maybe their punishment will be severe enough eventually that they'll change.

RIKTER
01-12-2015, 09:50 AM

A basic income will never pass, the white population still to high, maybe when were down to about 55%. Even then IDK, I think the (R) would pick up a lot more of middle class minorities votes solely on that. The reason welfare is so convoluted is to disguise the actual amount from the masses that the takers actually receive as not to cause an uproar, there is no hiding a basic income....plus remember, when the electorate is big enough to vote in politicians to pass a basic income, then that same electorate is big enough to decide how much money to take from the makers..and that number will only get bigger every election..

TaeBoNinja
01-12-2015, 09:59 AM
A basic income will never pass, the white population still to high, maybe when were down to about 55%. Even then IDK, I think the (R) would pick up a lot more of middle class minorities votes solely on that. The reason welfare is so convoluted is to disguise the actual amount from the masses that the takers actually receive as not to cause an uproar, there is no hiding a basic income....plus remember, when the electorate is big enough to vote in politicians to pass a basic income, then that same electorate is big enough to decide how much money to take from the makers..and that number will only get bigger every election..
Not sure what the "white population" has to do with basic income. I agree it would be hard to pass, but for the reason that it's easier for politicians to steal money in bloated programs. It's also the same reason why we have bloated tax codes, instead of a national sales tax.

The elephant in the room though, will be the growth of automation, and the shrinking need for human labor. The industrial age is nearing it's end.

RIKTER
01-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Not sure what the "white population" has to do with basic income. I agree it would be hard to pass, but for the reason that it's easier for politicians to steal money in bloated programs. It's also the same reason why we have bloated tax codes, instead of a national sales tax.

The elephant in the room though, will be the growth of automation, and the shrinking need for human labor. The industrial age is nearing it's end.

The reason I bring up the size of the white electorate is because thats the only group that doesn't vote for wealth redistribution, so it would make sense that a basic income wouldn't pass until that population makes up less of the electorate. Thats called basic math. Completely agree with your last sentence...and that alone will be a game changer in the near future.

indosthetic
01-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Both brothers recieved training in Syria, the chick was being monitored by the American government, and one of the brothers spent a mere 3 years in jail for helping Al-Queda and yet the French government STILL let these idiots walk around and roam free.

CitizenVagrant
01-12-2015, 11:09 AM
the French government STILL let these idiots walk around and roam free.

Dey was jus ennicent boys goin to dey store fo skittles an tea, but den sum angry alqeeda men stopped dem an said dey wus gon shoot up dey place unles dey shot up dis place an so dey ennicent boys dey shot dat place eben do dey put up dey hands an was sain "stop don shoot i cant breath!"

Oh man, typing that takes me back to my teaching days. I really should see if I kept some of my students' essays.