PDA

View Full Version : After 3 years of slowly bulking, I'm not sure what to do now

Assyrian519
01-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Ive been eating at a surplus for the last 3 years. Everything from rice, chicken, tuna, potatoes etc. I made sure I was getting in at least 3,500 calories a day and kept protein very high. I went from being skinny fat barely being able to hold the bench press bar straight to being built like a linebacker and hitting the 1000 pound club. I enjoy being bigger than most people (I'm 6'0 232 pounds) but the result is that I've packed on a bit of fat on my stomach and my sides (the top part of my abs are visible). Id say I'm around 25%.

My question, How do I cut the fat and not loss muscle? Can I continue adding on muscle and getting stronger while losing the fat? How should I treat carbs? I was thinking of going 60/20/20 protein, carbs and fats but I'm not sure if I should make that a deficit or a surplus. What do you guys think?

EfficientLiver
01-07-2015, 09:28 PM
sounds like you should cut. and yes you will lose some muscle, but you can gain some back after your cut.

personally, i would do something more like 50, 25, 25. carbs protein fat.

ErikTheElectric
01-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Ive been eating at a surplus for the last 3 years. Everything from rice, chicken, tuna, potatoes etc. I made sure I was getting in at least 3,500 calories a day and kept protein very high. I went from being skinny fat barely being able to hold the bench press bar straight to being built like a linebacker and hitting the 1000 pound club. I enjoy being bigger than most people (I'm 6'0 232 pounds) but the result is that I've packed on a bit of fat on my stomach and my sides (the top part of my abs are visible). Id say I'm around 25%.

My question, How do I cut the fat and not loss muscle? Can I continue adding on muscle and getting stronger while losing the fat? How should I treat carbs? I was thinking of going 60/20/20 protein, carbs and fats but I'm not sure if I should make that a deficit or a surplus. What do you guys think?

Don't go by macro ratios.
CUT SLOWLY.
Train heavy.
Do your cardio.

Not really rocket science.

Gxp23
01-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Ratios are outdated.

vadimmmo
01-07-2015, 09:38 PM
The slower you do it the more muscle you keep. At your weight and only a 1000lb total you should be able to loose quite a bit of weight and still keep your strength if not gain some.

AFC96
01-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Can you post a pic of yourself?

gymjunki3
01-07-2015, 09:49 PM
nasha you are bound to lose a little muscle on a cut , but you will end up looking bigger as the fat shreds off.
calculate your macros do it nice and slow . you might even lose a little strength but if you stay consistent you cant go wrong.

Good luck.