PDA

View Full Version : Anorexia Recovery, Bulking, Always Feeling Hungry

C4L1991
01-02-2015, 12:39 PM
A year ago, I was 95 lbs and very sick with Anorexia. I spent all of 2014 in recovery and now weigh around 126 lbs (I'm a 5'5" female.) Somethings I feel it's important to share:
-I work graveyard in a factory requiring me to stand/move around/lift heavy parts for 11.5 hours.
-My highest weight was 136 lbs while in IOP. I relapsed and got back down to right above 120 lbs. Since the beginning of October, I've been bouncing back from this.
-I'm Vegan and up until about a week ago, this was high carb, low fat mostly raw. After seeing gains in the gym basically not happen, I changed this to more of an IIFYM type split. 65% carbs, 20% protein, 15% fat.
-I'm currently bulking (actually about three days in).
-I have a slow oxidizer metabolism (I digest carbs incredibly well. Fat and protein, not so much.)
-I have been having ALL of the symptoms of hypermetabolism for nearly three weeks now.
-My goal for the bulk is to put mass on. I'm also working on strength but I'd really like to compete in either bodybuilding or physique.
-I worked out my calorie needs (in an ideal situation) to be 2526 per day.
-I workout every day that I'm off from work for 1.5-2 hours. I only do cardio once a week (HIIT).

I'm noticing that during the past few weeks, along with the other symptoms of Hypermetabolism (shortness of breath, increase heart rate, night sweats, can't stand being hot, get hot easily, increased overall body temp, insomnia) that I've been hungry even after hitting 2200+ calories. Also, I still do not have a menstrual cycle so I'm fairly certain my BF% is less than 12%. I haven't had a period since 2/28/13.

So, should I continue to increase my calories and throw the calorie calculators to the side? How do I know I'm eating enough? I no longer only eat clean; I eat Oreos, poptarts, etc. but I do eat a ton of fruit and veg. I also know of people who have had to eat 3000+ calories even after becoming weight restored in a sedentary lifestyle. I can't be sedentary (never have been, always moving.)

Current Stats: 124-127 lbs. GW: 140 lbs.
BF<12%
5'5"
IIFYM/Bulking/IF: Avg calories are currently 2200-2300.

Thanks!

determined4000
01-03-2015, 09:06 PM
from the sound of your job and lifstlye I would guess you need 1.6 time what you are eating and that is why you are hungry

Are you seeing anyone for physch followup

Also a good read
http://www.scienceofeds.org/2014/05/07/hypermetabolism-in-anorexia-nervosa/