PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Fans... Thoughts On Josh McDaniels?

FAH_Q
12-29-2014, 08:44 PM
I wanted him badly to come to Atlanta whenever he left the Patriots the first time back in 09 or 10. People are bashing him on the Falcons message board saying he is a product of Belichik and hating on him for drafting Tebow (who i like).

But he had a sick draft with Denver in 2010 getting Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Zane Beadles, and even Parish Cox late. He knew Tebow was inaccurate as all hell so he grabbed two WR's with big catch radius and who could downfield block for the run game. I don't know i think he is a solid and more importantly a balanced OC who has had success through the air and ground.

Any inside info? Anyone but SDoucheBagger please :)

ColdSteelToFace
12-29-2014, 09:41 PM
In for answers. Being under Belichick for like 10 years and given a write up by him on how to be a successful head coach makes him very appealing. And being with Dimitroff again I feel like they would gel very well. He is one of my top choices for HC for Atlanta Falcons.

Swept
12-29-2014, 10:38 PM
I hope the falcons do hire McDaniels LMAO

Twerk4it
12-29-2014, 10:47 PM
As our OC we know he's good but his often too predictable, ineffective, and questionable play calling (Draw to Vereen for no gain x100000) makes many Pats fans blood boil, myself included. I guess he gets the blame like every OC does when things don't go well but you can't deny the record breaking success our offense had with him over the years. As a head coach I think he was too young the first time around and already chalked him up to being another failure of the Belichick coaching tree, I wouldn't be excited to have him as my HC but I guess he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

smashedpotato
12-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Pats fan, hes predictable and abandonds the run a lot. Dont care for him. Id be fine if he went to atlanta or sf or anywhere else.

UltimateRiot
12-29-2014, 11:46 PM
Pretty solid but abandons run too quickly and can be very predictable at times.

drvillain
12-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Pretty solid but abandons run too quickly and can be very predictable at times.

Just what the Falcons lacked

FAH_Q
12-30-2014, 01:21 AM
Just what the Falcons lacked
And the "abandons the run quickly" part too lol. Thats the exact same critiques i've read about Koetter. The only difference is that McDaniels has actually had a successful run game.

I have a hard time buying into the "abandons the run game" when talking about coordinators. There are tons of times when Ryan has checked from a pass to a run and vice versa depending on if a safety is in the box or not. So to me, its difficult for me to be comfortable blaming an OC on that.

WeekndOrNah
12-30-2014, 02:12 AM
As a Broncos fan I f*cking hate him. Hated the hire for HC from the moment it was announced

phucking phaggot

FAH_Q
12-30-2014, 02:23 AM
As a Broncos fan I f*cking hate him. Hated the hire for HC from the moment it was announced

phucking phaggot
Do you not feel he did a good job with his 2010 draft? Yeah the whole getting rid of Cutler and Marshall may have stung, but I feel like that ended up being a blessing in disguise.

woody19
12-30-2014, 05:43 AM
Anyone who drafts tebow first round cant be that smart.

iamgenus
12-30-2014, 06:07 AM
BB wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire as a HC in his first attempt. Guys learn a lot from their first stint.

Pat fans are spoiled when it comes to coordinators. When you have a Tom Brady it's acceptable to abandon your running game.

Negativ
12-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Anyone who drafts tebow first round cant be that smart.

McDaniels was the GM too? ;/

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Maybe someone can answer me this:

If McDaniels left and went to Denver and got fired and went to STL and didn't do anything (granted they had no talent when he was there). Why would Belichik hire him back when his offensive numbers were basically the same even with McDaniels gone?

sdballer5588
01-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Maybe someone can answer me this:

If McDaniels left and went to Denver and got fired and went to STL and didn't do anything (granted they had no talent when he was there). Why would Belichik hire him back when his offensive numbers were basically the same even with McDaniels gone?

We have Tom Brady, you ****ing idiot.

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:08 PM
We have Tom Brady, you ****ing idiot.
Clearly you didn't read the OP when i asked for anyone besides you to comment. After making you look like an idiot time and time again i would rather let someones cat walk across the keyboard and accept that rather than your posts :D

And thanks for the detailed response you phag

sdballer5588
01-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Clearly you didn't read the OP when i asked for anyone besides you to comment. After making you look like an idiot time and time again i would rather let someones cat walk across the keyboard and accept that rather than your posts :D

And thanks for the detailed response you phag

Belichick's disciples never live up to their Belichick hype, did you need someone besides me to tell you why? I was honestly trying to help. I liked the Falcons (mostly Matt Ryan and Julio) and McDaniels offense could work with them, but try not to lose sight of why his offense in New England works so well.

Because everyone's offense works under Timothy Bradley. (He's not a bad coach, he would do well in Atlanta, he is slightly immature, you could relate)

HughBMyron
01-04-2015, 07:16 PM
As a falcons fan i do not want Mcdaniels. Rather get a hard ass like rex ryan to whip the D into shape.

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Belichick's disciples never live up to their Belichick hype, did you need someone besides me to tell you why? I was honestly trying to help. I liked the Falcons (mostly Matt Ryan and Julio) and McDaniels offense could work with them, but try not to lose sight of why his offense in New England works so well.

Because everyone's offense works under Timothy Bradley. (He's not a bad coach, he would do well in Atlanta, he is slightly immature, you could relate)
Everyone knows the history of the Pats coordinators leaving Belichik, but i honestly think Mickey D will be different.

So then why would he hire McDaniels back if his offense was just the same without McDaniels? Looking at the numbers i didn't see any vast improvement when he came back or decline when he left.

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:19 PM
As a falcons fan i do not want Mcdaniels. Rather get a hard ass like rex ryan to whip the D into shape.
Ryan was a hard ass his first 2 years in the league. Now he seems like an unconfident little girl who loves the media too much. He spends the majority of his press conferences attempting to convince people their team is not as bad as their record shows and they will "fight to the end".

sdballer5588
01-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Everyone knows the history of the Pats coordinators leaving Belichik, but i honestly think Mickey D will be different.

So then why would he hire McDaniels back if his offense was just the same without McDaniels? Looking at the numbers i didn't see any vast improvement when he came back or decline when he left.

Why bring in someone new as opposed to someone who already knows how you do things? Convenience. Belichick also does have a substantial amount of loyalty for his guys.

He helped McDaniels and will continue to help him. He likes him. That actually says something for McDaniels in all honesty.

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Why bring in someone new as opposed to someone who already knows how you do things? Convenience. Belichick also does have a substantial amount of loyalty for his guys.

He helped McDaniels and will continue to help him. He likes him. That actually says something for McDaniels in all honesty.
Would it not be more convenient to keep whoever the OC was while McDaniels was gone for those 3-4 years?

I think that Belichik obviously believes in him and to me thats significant and its what i've been saying over on our board, but there isn't much concrete evidence if you go by numbers of when he left and when he returned, and how he did in Denver.

sdballer5588
01-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Would it not be more convenient to keep whoever the OC was while McDaniels was gone for those 3-4 years?

I think that Belichik obviously believes in him and to me thats significant and its what i've been saying over on our board, but there isn't much concrete evidence if you go by numbers of when he left and when he returned, and how he did in Denver.

That OC was hired elsewhere. Penn State gave him a lot of money, now I think he's with the Texans.

We got McDaniels back the season O'Brien left.

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:37 PM
That OC was hired elsewhere. Penn State gave him a lot of money, now I think he's with the Texans.

We got McDaniels back the season O'Brien left.
Ahhhh thats right.

So I reckon thats the best answer is because O-Brien left and McDaniels was available and had familiarity with the offense.

sdballer5588
01-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Ahhhh thats right.

So I reckon thats the best answer is because O-Brien left and McDaniels was available and had familiarity with the offense.

The general talk radio direction is that McDaniels is either fielding HC calls nonstop, or that he is very very patiently waiting to take over when BB leaves.

The flaw with most of the HC talk is that it would be bad for most teams to wait until they can talk to him seriously if the Patriots have a long postseason run.

He's been in rumors with SF ATL and a few other places like Chicago as far as I know.

FAH_Q
01-04-2015, 07:47 PM
The general talk radio direction is that McDaniels is either fielding HC calls nonstop, or that he is very very patiently waiting to take over when BB leaves.

The flaw with most of the HC talk is that it would be bad for most teams to wait until they can talk to him seriously if the Patriots have a long postseason run.

He's been in rumors with SF ATL and a few other places like Chicago as far as I know.
Well he has definitely been strongly linked to us with Pioli and Dimitroff in Atlanta. I've heard the SF and Chicago as well, but I don't see him going to SF with as dominant as a GM that Trent Baalke is.

I got the impression from McDaniels that he wants a large part of player acquisitions which he had in Denver, and he won't have in San Fran. So unless my impression is wrong or SF changes its style, I don't see the fit.

I just don't want Rex cot dayum Ryan as our HC yet 95% of Falc fans want him and 99% do not want McDaniels

AreolaBorealis
01-04-2015, 09:05 PM
He's all yours bro no take backs

sdballer5588
01-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Well he has definitely been strongly linked to us with Pioli and Dimitroff in Atlanta. I've heard the SF and Chicago as well, but I don't see him going to SF with as dominant as a GM that Trent Baalke is.

I got the impression from McDaniels that he wants a large part of player acquisitions which he had in Denver, and he won't have in San Fran. So unless my impression is wrong or SF changes its style, I don't see the fit.

I just don't want Rex cot dayum Ryan as our HC yet 95% of Falc fans want him and 99% do not want McDaniels

Rex would certainly help your D but his total disdain for offense is just ... bad.

Yes McDaniels will be asking for a lot of personnel control, which might lead him to trouble because people don't like giving that to coaches. OVerall though? Probably Atlanta's best fit.

FAH_Q
01-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Mickey D called a solid game tonight. Pass heavy as all hell like some said, but I think that was a must against the Ravens. They hung 35 on them with that big TD pass from Edelman and the crafty play making Vareen an ineligible receiver which i don't recall seeing very often.

sdballer5588
01-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Mickey D called a solid game tonight. Pass heavy as all hell like some said, but I think that was a must against the Ravens. They hung 35 on them with that big TD pass from Edelman and the crafty play making Vareen an ineligible receiver which i don't recall seeing very often.

The only thing that is disconcerting to me about this game in a quick post rundown

We knew the run would do nothing, yet still ran/play actioned WAY too much in the first half, and only finally abandoned the run in the 2nd half (notice the scoring difference). I understand there was no prior NE vs BAL film this season, but when we already played the best rush D in the league, we rushed for the same exact amount of yards (next to nothing) and abandoned the run and stomped on the Lions by spreading them out.

Obviously this isn't an indictment of playcalling, but that was certainly SUPER frustrating when this was discussed ad nauseum ALL WEEK and then lo and behold we still run the useless play actions and try to start a run game that was non existent from the very beginning.

For reference we ran the ball I think 20 total times vs the Lions? With half of those being runs to just end the game when it was well outside of Detroits reach.

/endrant