PDA

View Full Version : Would love to compete, but don't know where to start...

Seabass774
12-25-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm fairly new here, but have been training for a few years.

I would love to take it to the next level and do some competitions, but I am unsure of where to start?

Do i sign up with NPC and do some of their shows, or is there anything else one can do?

SouthDakotaBrah
12-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Completely in the same boat, would love to hear responses from people with insight on this as well

brendanh32
12-27-2014, 03:45 PM
TBH i'd start out by really evaluating if you have a physique that would do well in contest. secondly, decide if you REALLY want to diet for weeks on end. After that look for shows near or around you. If you're big enough do an NPC, if not, look for a natural show.

Seabass774
12-29-2014, 04:45 PM
TBH, I can work on my physique, dropping 2-3% bodyfat, but other than that I have a pretty good frame to compete.

I would like to get on the track to becoming and IFBB pro, but where do I start? I would love to say that I can compete with the NPC guys, but I have maybe about another year before I get to that level.

I've been looking at Natural Shows on naturalmusclenetwork.com but am I supposed to do OCB or IFPA and will that not allow me to compete for upper level shows?

I guess what I'm getting at, what is the path to getting on the level to compete with Jason Poston, Sadik, Seid, Steve Cook...etc

The dieting and hard work are no problem for me, whatever it takes is whatever it takes.

mlit
12-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Npcnewsonline.com..you have to be bigger to be competitive in the NPC but that's where they all started, the website has all the upcoming shows listed.