PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian physique competitiors?

TropicalSunset
12-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Hey everyone, I am thinking of trying vegetarianism in the new year. I am currently coming back from an injury, so want to gain more size (I don't bulk, but just gain clean muscle).

I have tried researching it, but found nothing really...is there any physique guys out there who look impressive and are vegetarians? The few I did find looked not so impressive. They had conditioning, but not very impressive size.

Berget93
01-12-2015, 09:15 PM
In for curiosity.

bencarr95
01-14-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm vegan. I'm no giant but I think I'm at a good spot for 19 and natty. RobertCheeke is a vegan, and you can check out a whole bunch of others on his site, veganbodybuilding.com (I'm on the home page hehehe). There are some pretty massive people there

TropicalSunset
01-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks Ben. I am not looking to be a giant. I am naturally very lean and eat very healthy with a very high metabolism. I used to eat meat at every meal, but am phasing is out. I also used to weigh about 215 at my heaviest and was very lean.

Right now I am 190 and lean, but would love to gain another 10 pounds and stay there. Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

BigNattyBiceps
01-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Hey everyone, I am thinking of trying vegetarianism in the new year. I am currently coming back from an injury, so want to gain more size (I don't bulk, but just gain clean muscle).

I have tried researching it, but found nothing really...is there any physique guys out there who look impressive and are vegetarians? The few I did find looked not so impressive. They had conditioning, but not very impressive size.

You can get good muscle being vegetarian. Remember whey protein is the most bio available protein around. Eat veggie, eat clean, and be happy!

TropicalSunset
01-27-2015, 03:54 PM
I will start updating on my progress from injury. Again, my experiment will be how much I can gain eating only a vegetarian diet. It might be tough, but I feel like it will be worth it to feel better ethically about my food choices.

Hopefully the thread doesn't get moved to another section.

yellowblackmant
03-30-2015, 01:10 PM
If you know what your doing you can be a strong vegetarian. Stronger than a meat eater. But if you don't know what your doing you can get weaker than both...

Broseph82
03-30-2015, 01:17 PM
You must increase your caloric intake. I was vegan for 6.5yrs and competed in Bbing. I ate all the time whether small or big meals. I felt at times like I didn't need as much food but I was kidding myself. Stayed lean all that time too. Good luck. It can be done, but def start reading up on it on other sites but here.