PDA

View Full Version : Diet advice needed

ethanandres2002
12-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Hello all,
First time posting in this secrion of the forums. Just wanted some advice. I recently finished my cut and worked hard to finally see abs and definition on my body.

This week we will spend it in Orlando, specifically in Theme parks. The food there is not the most healthy, and we will be here for about a week.

I do count calories, and I do my best to hit my macros. My question is, should I don't worry about what I eat and just enjoy myself ( in moderation) or should I look at other alternatives?

JerryB
12-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Why should you care what we think? Do what you want to do. It's only a week.

mtpockets
12-23-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd ask the magic 8 ball

ethanandres2002
12-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Never in my post I asked what people here thought, just wanted advice from the people who have more experience.
And regarding the magic 8 ball, Thank you flr your mature response.

smallstonefan
12-23-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm on a ketogenic diet, which is very restrictive. Travelling can be really tough, but it comes down to how committed you are to your way of eating. For me, I <always> find foods that fit my diet or I don't eat. I'm a slippery-slope kinda guy - if I start cheating, I'm hosed. :) Consider packing in foods that fit your diet (zip lock full of nuts, etc.) My 2 cents: You've put in the work - don't destroy it because your choices are limited or difficult.

shaneinga
12-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Go enjoy yourself. It is a week, go enjoy your vacation and don't stress about your diet. If you put on 5 pound so be it. Come back and hit it hard when you are not trying to relax and be on vacation. Your spouse will probably appreciate not hearing about your diet while on your trip as well.

Then again, I don't have a six pack so that might be terrible advice. :)

angrypenguin54
12-23-2014, 04:02 PM
It depends on you really and if a week off can derail you are if you can take it as a nice break and start fresh again once it is over. People can go either way. The main risk comes from breaking good habits that you have established to get to where you are. The actual week of extra calories will have no real affect in the long run, its what happens after that counts.

A break can be good mentally and physically for your body and set you up for continued success on your return as long as you can get back in good habits once it is over.

ethanandres2002
12-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Thank you for your responses guys. I did work hard to get to this point, hence my concern. I can definitely go back to my daily routine ince the trip is over. For now, I will try to eat as healthy as I can, without druving my wife crazy. Merry Christmas and best of luck in 2015.

MoldyGopher
12-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Take note of how much you actually enjoy theme park food. I think you'll find it's suddenly a lot less appealing than it once was.

fwwe
12-23-2014, 06:33 PM
One of the positives about a theme park is you are going to be walking... a lot! That could help you more than you think. I would say enjoy yourself on the family vacation. 1 week isn't going to do anything so negative you can't reverse it in a couple weeks at most. Unless you really go crazy. But I say, enjoy it. No one wants a picky killjoy that won't eat a budrger or fried something because you worry about a week without abs. Life's too short man, you're not a competitor.

ethanandres2002
12-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Lol I bet. I am not looking forward to those burgers or chicken nuggets I used to ate.

ethanandres2002
12-23-2014, 06:38 PM
You are right fwwe. I'll just enjoy the time here and make sure I do not go crazy. Ty for your responses.