PDA

View Full Version : I cant stop losing weight! Need moar calories, help me!

MrSwizZz
12-23-2014, 03:21 AM
So in last 4 months I lost about 22 pounds(from 84kg->74kg) and now I dont need to do it anymore.
I tried to up my calorie intake but I cant seem to reach enough to even maintain my weight.

I workout everyday, most of the times HIIT and sometimes strength training.
Yesterday my beta-alanine arrived and was excited to test it, so I did(more like struggled) ~1h of HIIT(big mistake xD).

I attached my plan, I was bored so I wanted to make it fancy :D.

Now I have about ~2500 daily but apparently I need(all calculators I checked) tell me i need around ~3000 to maintain!

Also would want to make it 20% fat, 30%protein and 50% carbs because I workout everyday.

Should i substitute skim and fat free dairy for as much fat as possible? But I want muscle weight not fat!
On some days(today im gonna get some!) I eat dark chocolate, add some 200cals there too, but I dont typically eat it so I didnt include it...

Should I get gainers instead of just whey protein? Since I wanna gain weight, it seems logical.

I dont want to workout less(shrink my calorie loss) because I want to increase endurance, so instead I should eat more!
I also do strength training to increase strength. My sport is football(soccer). Right now there is a break but I want to become crazy fit until training starts again in end of January.

Guide me to fix my diet I dont know what to add or change!

Thanks

AFC96
12-23-2014, 03:28 AM
First learn how to calculate your calorie/macros properly by reading the link below:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Secondly, It does not matter with what food you hit your calorie/macro. There are no food off limits. Make sure you Hit your micros(vitamins+minerals) by eating at least 2 servings of veggies everyday.

Calculators are just an estimate, you can't expect the calculator can accurately tell the TDEE of everyone who use it.

Do you even eat? From the picture you showed me, your intake are mostly from milks/yoghurts/shakes..

xelnaga
12-23-2014, 03:31 AM
So in last 4 months I lost about 22 pounds(from 84kg->74kg) and now I dont need to do it anymore.
I tried to up my calorie intake but I cant seem to reach enough to even maintain my weight.

I workout everyday, most of the times HIIT and sometimes strength training.
Yesterday my beta-alanine arrived and was excited to test it, so I did(more like struggled) ~1h of HIIT(big mistake xD).

I attached my plan, I was bored so I wanted to make it fancy :D.

Now I have about ~2500 daily but apparently I need(all calculators I checked) tell me i need around ~3000 to maintain!

Also would want to make it 20% fat, 30%protein and 50% carbs because I workout everyday.

Should i substitute skim and fat free dairy for as much fat as possible? But I want muscle weight not fat!
On some days(today im gonna get some!) I eat dark chocolate, add some 200cals there too, but I dont typically eat it so I didnt include it...

Should I get gainers instead of just whey protein? Since I wanna gain weight, it seems logical.

I dont want to workout less(shrink my calorie loss) because I want to increase endurance, so instead I should eat more!
I also do strength training to increase strength. My sport is football(soccer). Right now there is a break but I want to become crazy fit until training starts again in end of January.

Guide me to fix my diet I dont know what to add or change!

Thanks

If you want to gain lean muscle and assuming the calculations are right (being different for every person) youll need to have a surplus in calories to gain the weight. most people who want to do a "lean" bulk and gain as little BF as possible normally only do 200-300 calories over there maintenance. The only way to be sure is to eat say 3200 cal 200 over your baseline and see if you put so weight on and look at it for 2-4 weeks if you still arnt gaining add 200-300 more. As for the fats, eating them wont just put the straight on your body, my marcos looks like 30 protein 35 carb 35 fat. most of the fats come from nuts and meats/milk. look in the sticky at the top of the forum to work out your base for protein and fats and fill in the rest with whatever you like.

ShyGuyXS
12-23-2014, 04:52 AM

1) Fat intake does not determine whether you gain weight from fat or muscle (overall surplus and rate of weight gain does that), but if you're having fat-free dairy, I would probably switch it out (full-fat dairy almost always has more calories).

2) That's up to you, but it isn't necessary to buy weight gainers. Just eat more of the foods you enjoy. After you have a look at the sticky AFC provided and determine your estimated calorie intake, try it for 2-3 weeks and then adjust from there.

Just a few suggestions for calorie-dense things I found easy to add:

- Whole eggs (or make an omelette w/ cheese and veggies)
- Sandwiches w/ peanut butter (or other nut butters if you have a peanut allergy)
- Pasta
- Trail mix
- Olive/coconut oil

Lionaround
12-23-2014, 04:59 AM
This a really simple one and one I think you know the answer to yourself.

Losing that much weight if you were overweight at ~5lbs a month is great - that is rapid, almost a little too quick going by your current weight.

So you have shed your excess weight, what next? It is simple - eat more. And it sounds like you have been HIITing up the gym very hard, so give the HIIT a break for a week or two. As you porbably know it is very good for burning fat, so do easier cardio.

Are you trying to bulk back up with muscle? If so again the answer is simple, eat enough food and make sure it is generally quality with enough protein in there, although you don't need to kill it on the protein in my experience - I question the 1-2gm protein per 1lb body mass.

MrSwizZz
12-23-2014, 05:36 AM
Thank you all for the advices.
I decided to eat PB sandwich with my breakfast, increase my dinner portions and add daily servings of nuts at random times and dark chocolate (with the cottage cheese) in the night snack. Also more fruits rather than just 2 bananas.

That should bump up my calorie intake.
Also thinking of a gainer rather than whey protein, but I'll think more about that!

Thanks again!

@Lionaround
Im 6ft and was 185.
Wasn't really overwieght, I had a BMI of 24.5 . However after doing 9 minutes of HIIT, I was soaked. A BMI "within range" doesnt really mean you are fit/healthy, so in practice I guess I was overweight :D

EjnarKolinkar
12-23-2014, 05:41 AM
I decided to eat PB sandwich with my breakfast, increase my dinner portions and add daily servings of nuts at random times and dark chocolate (with the cottage cheese) in the night snack. Also more fruits rather than just 2 bananas.

Also thinking of a gainer rather than whey protein, but I'll think more about that!

Thanks again!

pancakes, oatmeal, grits, toast > gainer

whole milk works really well to up calories

Bastiat
12-23-2014, 07:26 AM

nuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, 2%-whole milk/chocolate milk, alot of things like that are (in my preference at least) going to be better for you than a gainer shake. Cold cereal and milk is also actually more calories than alot of people think besides being fast and easy.

Also, definitely look over AFC96's link. Use MyFitnessPal to track you calories if you arent already and dont worry about %'s on macros per se. Protein should be around .7g/lb body weight. fats .45g/lb and carbs are just the rest. That may or may not come out to a nice pretty percent distribution.