PDA

View Full Version : Joint Pain vs strength

humanbeatbox7
12-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Man I developed tendernitis in both elbows and also where the bicep connects to the inner outside forarm. It just sucks!!! Caused by dips, pull ups, and push ups. Do u think this ongoing pains will slow up gains in strength and size?

61customrebuild
12-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Man I developed tendernitis in both elbows and also where the bicep connects to the inner outside forarm. It just sucks!!! Caused by dips, pull ups, and push ups. Do u think this ongoing pains will slow up gains in strength and size?

Not only the pain but the compromise of function will certainly rob you of strength. Try this: Work one arm hang regiments to stretch the upper arm muscles which are likely tight and causing the tendon pain. You need to restore equilibrium of pressures in those muscles, probably particularly in the long-head (inner) tricep which connects to the torso. Also self massage that same muscle (inner tri) frequently to break up the knottiness that's probably there. And finally, change your training regiment to ensure you do not continue doing what got you in this condition in the first place. I have been able to eliminate my tendonitis with this approach.

Jayjoe
12-21-2014, 01:21 PM
I have same problem in same areas caused by chin ups. So now I make sure to do all curls before chin ups so the tendons and joints are warmed up. I do bis after back and tris after chest so the smaller muscles at the elbow are all warmed up.

SleeperService
12-21-2014, 02:01 PM
So whose trolling account is this anyway?

humanbeatbox7
12-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Not only the pain but the compromise of function will certainly rob you of strength. Try this: Work one arm hang regiments to stretch the upper arm muscles which are likely tight and causing the tendon pain. You need to restore equilibrium of pressures in those muscles, probably particularly in the long-head (inner) tricep which connects to the torso. Also self massage that same muscle (inner tri) frequently to break up the knottiness that's probably there. And finally, change your training regiment to ensure you do not continue doing what got you in this condition in the first place. I have been able to eliminate my tendonitis with this approach.

Great advice "thanks"