PDA

View Full Version : Meal plan PLEASE

AmericanMan50
12-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey all, i know this is just one of thousands of threads in regards to bulking, but i need some help. I'm a 6"4, 160 lb naturally thin, 24 years old , that works in an office. I need help stocking my shelf at work and making a plan so it can be quick to make but also packed full of the proper nutrients i need. I know everyone is built different, but i could use some advice. Any help is greatly appreciated.. aiming to eat 7 meals a day at least.

The recommended body intake calculator says i need about 2900 calories each day. I think i consume about 3400 calories each day. Of course, i can't say they are the best type of calories so i'm reaching out for help. Due to my height and fast metabolism, should i ignore the calculated rate and just double my intake? Living on a budget.. trying my best :(

roba2686
12-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd recommend against getting a meal plan of set foods or meals from somebody else because if you do not like those foods or find them easy to prepare, you will not be consistent with your eating habits. Most people do well with around 1 g/lb protein and at least 0.5 g/lb of fat. After that, people say to make up the remainder of your calories with whatever you feel best on - carbs or fats.

I would recommend sticking to whole foods, getting your proteins and fats from animal products (beef, eggs, chicken, etc.), carbs from foods like potatoes, quinoa, sweet potatoes, rice, and getting fats from sources like salmon, eggs, olive oil, nut butters, etc. Eat boatloads of vegetables of different colors. The theme here is minimally processed foods.

Beyond that, man, if you are going to be in this for the long haul, you need to get out there and play around with things until you find meals that work for you. You should start by reading the stickies on this forum to learn more about nutrition, then start googling recipes based on foods you like or think you may like.

Of course, your training has to be on point, too, so look into one of the many beginner full-body programs out there on the net.

With regard to weight gain, I would say try to steer clear from judging based on weight. If you aren't getting stronger, lift harder and/or eat a bit more and the strength and weight should come. If you start to get fatter than you'd prefer, dial down on the food a bit. I find it works best to make gradual dietary changes and see how they affect me before making further changes.

Good luck!