PDA

View Full Version : So how much is dez and murray going to get paid by the cowboys?

vtecaddict
12-15-2014, 07:07 AM
or

will they get picked up by another team? Are these soon to be free agents loyal? or is jerry jones bout to sing "these pros aint loyal"

NewYorkGiants
12-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Dez will get like 12-14 mil a year, Murray will walk. They are trying to give Murray 500 carries so he is broken down for his next team.

JRMoore82
12-15-2014, 07:17 AM
More than the misc. and we have a lot of 100k CEOs walking around.

TheBigEasy
12-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Dez will be a Cowboy for life and he deserves his money. Not to say Murray doesn't but a RB's career is very short, the NFL is a business & OL can make a lot of RB's look great. I hope he stays but I can see them drafting a RB and giving Randle/Dunbar a shot. They both have looked good with limited touches.

MYOFIBRAH
12-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Dez will be a Cowboy for life and he deserves his money. Not to say Murray doesn't but a RB's career is very short, the NFL is a business & OL can make a lot of RB's look great. I hope he stays but I can see them drafting a RB and giving Randle/Dunbar a shot. They both have looked good with limited touches.

yeah ^

Dez and Demarco are straight ballin out this season in their contract years and are gonna command huge deals that Dallas wont be able to afford at the same time. Jerry will get Dez done, but his offer to Murray will not suffice (prediction) and sadly we'll have a different 29 next year. i just hope he doesnt go to a rival team, as unlikely as it is already

StudderingJohn
12-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Paying for a RB has rarely worked out, especially one who has as much mileage as Murray.

Dez gonna get paid doe.

woody19
12-15-2014, 07:43 AM

Running back class is stacked. Gordon, Gurley, Abdullah, Coleman, Allen, etc.

I am not super excited about paying Dez top 5 money (still not sure about him mentally) but its inevitable at this point. Also need to draft a QB. Romo cant keep getting shots every week hes going to end up crippled. If we somehow (not likely) won the super bowl I think he would call it a career.

wildchild11
12-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Dez will get his money and I argue that Murray should too. Both of them are perfectly suited for the offense they play in.

The cowboys have a good thing going at last after 5-6 seasons of mediocrity. Don't screw it up.

vtecaddict
12-15-2014, 08:00 AM
How much are the cowboys risking by running murray like this?

on a side note, didn't emmit smith do the same and last forever?

murrary is built like a tank too

woody19
12-15-2014, 08:05 AM

eh Murray is bigger than Emmitt, but he seems to a lot more direct hits than Smith did. I would not resign him for big money, just about every running back that crosses the 400 carry mark, begins his down fall.

vtecaddict
12-15-2014, 08:15 AM
eh Murray is bigger than Emmitt, but he seems to a lot more direct hits than Smith did. I would not resign him for big money, just about every running back that crosses the 400 carry mark, begins his down fall.

are there any stats to back that 400 carry mark?

GiantMonkey
12-15-2014, 08:27 AM
are there any stats to back that 400 carry mark?

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/24604430/draft-prep-400-touch-running-backs

scotyg
12-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Dez will get like 12-14 mil a year, Murray will walk. They are trying to give Murray 500 carries so he is broken down for his next team.

This. Lol at whoever gives Murray a big contract after he tops 400 carries this year (assuming he gets his normal workload)

woody19
12-15-2014, 08:29 AM
What the RB did in the year with 400+ touches

Averaged 352.4 regular season carries and 47.6 regular season receptions for 400 regular season touches
Averaged 42.8 touches in the postseason for a total average of 442.8 touches overall
Averaged a fantasy ranking of RB 3.68
68 of the 69 ranked in the Top 10 (the exception being Jamal Lewis in his rookie season)
57 of the 69 RB appeared in the postseason and 12 did not
36 of the 69 had 400 regular season touches
66 of the 69 had 350 regular season touches
All 69 had 300 regular season touches
Played in an average of 15.7 games that year
Averaged a ranking of 5.67 overall in yearend positional value rankings (comparing players at all positions among themselves and then ranking the players across all positions)
What the RB did the year after having 400+ touches

Averaged 275.8 regular season carries and 39.6 regular season receptions for 315.4 regular season touches
Averaged 25.8 touches in the postseason for a total average of 341.2 touches overall.
Averaged a fantasy ranking of RB 17.8
36 of 64 ranked in the Top 10, 40 ranked in the Top 12, 54 ranked in the Top 24, and 7 ranked out of the Top 30 RB
6 ranked higher, 10 ranked the same, and 48 ranked lower in the yearend fantasy RB rankings
34 of 64 appeared in the postseason and 30 did not
14 of 64 had 400 regular season touches
27 of 64 had 350 regular season touches
44 of 64 had 300 regular season touches
57 of 64 had 200 regular season touches
60 of 64 had 100 regular season touches
Played in an average of 13.4 games that year

lsiberian
12-15-2014, 08:40 AM
It's Jerry he'll probably get them both signed.

Pinot
12-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Dez will get a huge contract, he's young and arguablely a top 3 WR in the nfl.

Murray is having an amazing season. But he is not as young, has a history of injuries, has been has a crazy workload this year, and rb's aren't valued like they ocne were. He'll probbaly be offered a lowball deal and he'll walk.

Chairman7w
12-15-2014, 08:54 AM
I read somewhere they're going to pay Dez and sign him, and Franchise Murray for one year, and see how he holds up.

KBaller33
12-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Running back class is stacked. Gordon, Gurley, Abdullah, Coleman, Allen, etc.

I am not super excited about paying Dez top 5 money (still not sure about him mentally) but its inevitable at this point. Also need to draft a QB. Romo cant keep getting shots every week hes going to end up crippled. If we somehow (not likely) won the super bowl I think he would call it a career.

Yeah everybody keeps talking about how he needs shots every week just to play well and everyone seems ok with it. Isn't that a really really bad thing?

woody19
12-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Yeah everybody keeps talking about how he needs shots every week just to play well and everyone seems ok with it. Isn't that a really really bad thing?

Yeah I have gotten 3 of them in my life. Its probably a Steroid, which made you feel like normal until you sneezed or slipped then you would be in a world of hurt again. With back pain its always risky to take pain medicine because you want to be able to feel what type of movements hurt and which are good. I got the microdiscetomy which helped a ton, but I still jack my back up a few times a year, I cant imagine getting hit by a 300 pound monster.

Circaflex
12-15-2014, 09:12 AM
sign dez, let murray walk, sign AP for cheap and let em retire a cowboy

lsiberian
12-15-2014, 09:19 AM

Murray doesn't take as many hits as a lot these other guys did. We'll see if he holds up, but I do think they should even the load more. No reason you can't run the backups a bit more. I wonder if we end up signing Rice or AP to split the load with Murray.

NewYorkGiants
12-15-2014, 09:41 AM
I read somewhere they're going to pay Dez and sign him, and Franchise Murray for one year, and see how he holds up.

Can they afford to do that though? They are already paying Romo and Tyron Smith big money. That means you are now paying like $50-60 mil between just those 4 players. Doesn't leave a lot of $ for defense or any other offensive positions.

JUGGERNAUT1333
12-15-2014, 10:15 AM
I see a 0% chance Dez even sniffs the market. Cowboys will do whatever it takes to get him signed to a big deal. He is a proven game changer. Murray is on beast mode this year, but the O-Line is a big reason for his success. I would not be surprised if they sign AP (if Vikings release him). AP @ 80% is still a top 5 RB.

Would love to have both, but with so many holes on defense I dont see anyway for that to happen.

woody19
12-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Can they afford to do that though? They are already paying Romo and Tyron Smith big money. That means you are now paying like $50-60 mil between just those 4 players. Doesn't leave a lot of $ for defense or any other offensive positions.

Its hard to maintain a balance on both sides of the ball with the cap. I would say no more major free agent signings (Carr) and just build the defense through the draft. Our offense will be decent as long as we have Tyron, Martin, and Fredericks. We can afford to find a running back and tight end later in the draft to fill those needs. A QB will be the biggest thing going forward, but not sure if I am confident in any of the guys coming out this year.

Forumite
12-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Smith avoided quite a few hits whereas Murray looks for someone to hit, they are different runners but man do I like Murray. Dallas will probably let him walk and draft another RB since they have Dunbar and Randal but knowing Jerry he'll get a hardon for AP and do something stupid if he's cut.

JUGGERNAUT1333
12-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Its hard to maintain a balance on both sides of the ball with the cap. I would say no more major free agent signings (Carr) and just build the defense through the draft. Our offense will be decent as long as we have Tyron, Martin, and Fredericks. We can afford to find a running back and tight end later in the draft to fill those needs. A QB will be the biggest thing going forward, but not sure if I am confident in any of the guys coming out this year.

Big time agreement..... They HAVE to do something defensively. They don't create enough pressure on the DL front, and the secondary is not good enough to cover recievers for extended periods of time. Its bad when the 50mil Corner ( Carr) is probably the 3rd best DB they have. ( Scandrick and Church are better) They desperately need help in the secondary.

If they somehow manage to sign Murray and Dez, there will cripple their cap and barely afford to keep the defensive starters they have.

nastynate87
12-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Oakland or some potato team will sign Murray to big money and he'll be a total bust

JUGGERNAUT1333
12-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Smith avoided quite a few hits whereas Murray looks for someone to hit, they are different runners but man do I like Murray. Dallas will probably let him walk and draft another RB since they have Dunbar and Randal but knowing Jerry he'll get a hardon for AP and do something stupid if he's cut.

I'm ok with them signing AP if cut, but not at an over inflated tag. He's coming up on 30 and won't be getting a payday like before. If AP is cut, i see the only way he isnt wearing a star on his helmet next season is if another team offers him a monster contract ( which is very possible)

JUGGERNAUT1333
12-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Oakland or some potato team will sign Murray to big money and he'll be a total bust

Most likely. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a big payday to go to a horrible team..... Raiders, Jags, Titans...... Team that makes the most sense to me however is Arizona. They need a stud RB and I think they have cap space to play with.

KBaller33
12-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Yeah I have gotten 3 of them in my life. Its probably a Steroid, which made you feel like normal until you sneezed or slipped then you would be in a world of hurt again. With back pain its always risky to take pain medicine because you want to be able to feel what type of movements hurt and which are good. I got the microdiscetomy which helped a ton, but I still jack my back up a few times a year, I cant imagine getting hit by a 300 pound monster.

Wow. I hope Romo's going to be able to move around when he's 40. I'm not even talking about football wise, I'm talking for the rest of his life.

smallbonesjones
12-15-2014, 10:54 AM
depends on the amount of cocks they suck during the offseason and in the locker room.

MYOFIBRAH
12-15-2014, 10:59 AM
depends on the amount of cocks they suck during the offseason and in the locker room.

get that cowboys ass taste out ya mouth son

http://www.yahyatradingcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ListerineCoolMint250ml.jpg

Hoop_Dreams
12-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Dez - a lot.

Demarco2k - gone, sadly. I like Demarco, but Jerry has made it pretty clear that he loves the OL and thinks any RB can have success behind it. And I agree. It doesn't make sense to pay premium dollars for Murray's production, when you can find a rookie in the middle rounds (or just roll with Joseph Randle) who can likely give you similar production while making peanuts on a rookie contract.

Creaso
12-15-2014, 11:22 AM

You're a wizard with your eagles aren't going to lose to either seahawks or cowboys predictions.

Haste007
12-15-2014, 12:07 PM
I hope the Rams go after Dez. They really need a true number 1...just need to solve the whole QB thing lol...and oline