PDA

View Full Version : Size vs Strength

Halloffamematt
12-12-2014, 08:43 PM
I am currently training bench, dl, squat, and overhead press every other day. With each of the 4 being my main focus and doing assistance work following the main focus. We use chains, boards, bands, fat bars, change grips, etc., etc, and the training definitely increases size and strength but my question is this; could training for pl slow down what im trying to acheive with muscle growth and vice versa? Serious bb's only no broscience please!

InItForFitness
12-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Training for strength, and training for size are not mutually exclusive, and much more likely will (to some degree) go hand in hand.

Assuming you're intake is sufficient enough to support steady progression and development, you could easily pack on quality mass following an established PL based program with accessory work thrown in to support hypertrophy.

DJson
01-18-2015, 08:02 AM
How much fast you are? that is also a major criterion along with how strong and what size you have.

BigNattyBiceps
01-25-2015, 12:17 PM
I am currently training bench, dl, squat, and overhead press every other day. With each of the 4 being my main focus and doing assistance work following the main focus. We use chains, boards, bands, fat bars, change grips, etc., etc, and the training definitely increases size and strength but my question is this; could training for pl slow down what im trying to acheive with muscle growth and vice versa? Serious bb's only no broscience please!

Every other day is waaaaay to much...lol....You'll get stronger by doing it at most 1x a week and grow more too.....recovery is key!

yavuzfaruk
03-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Every other day is waaaaay to much...lol....You'll get stronger by doing it at most 1x a week and grow more too.....recovery is key!

İ agree with that