PDA

View Full Version : Keeping cortisol low in long workout

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 07:27 AM
alright, so me and my friend order a bunch of stuff thanks to the CyBro monday sale, and now we wanna have fun... we want to go to the gym and hit every body part for an hour..an hour for chest, back, shoulder, legs, arms, abs/calves/traps. we know its not the best idea, but we just wanna have some fun. every hour, on the o clock, were gonna have a scoop of whey with a small snack. throughut, we are gonna drink aminos constantly and drink gatorade/body armor. but i got a few questions

1) is this totally counter productive to putting on muscle

2) are the snacks/aminos enough to keep cortisol low. i read that carbs and aminos can help delay cortisol release

thanks guys

ACSZZ1988
12-03-2014, 07:34 AM
6 hour workout? Tha fuk....

So 6 protein shakes? That's really unnecessary. If you really want to do this I would just drink one shake halfway through and sip amino the rest of the time. Don't know why you want to do this but good luck

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 07:41 AM
just for fun. we love training and we got finals. wanna blow off some steam and relax. plus we order a crapton of supps we wanna use

MichielN
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM
worrying about cortisol always seems so ironic to me

ChaoticReignPbt
12-03-2014, 08:01 AM
just for fun. we love training and we got finals. wanna blow off some steam and relax. plus we order a crapton of supps we wanna useBut still? You definitely wouldn't be able to keep up intensity. So you're essentially going to train hard for an hour or two and then pussyfoot around for 4 more hours? Anything that forces a drop in intensity seems like a waste of time to me.

I just don't get it. Best of luck I guess?

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 08:03 AM
worrying about cortisol always seems so ironic to me

Ha. I Like That

ironwill2008
12-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Considering this thread for 'sticky' status.

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Considering this thread for 'sticky' status.

Why?

MetilHed
12-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Why?

"STICKY: What Not To Do"

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 10:27 AM
its one time, for fun. its not like i am doing this for my whole life. damn, everyone here is so freakin condescending

pisarcik.k
12-03-2014, 10:41 AM
its one time, for fun. its not like i am doing this for my whole life. damn, everyone here is so freakin condescending

Based on your responses, you realize something is counterproductive, yet you still want to do it? I've done my fair share of marathon sessions, but hitting each bodybpart FOR AN HOUR is really excessive...

If you REALLY wanted to do it, I would be consuming some branched cyclic dextrins, EAAs and a hydrolyzed protein during the session.. and LOTS of each ingredient.

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 10:44 AM
how counter productive is it if i have enough protein, carbs, and aminoas thats my question

ChaoticReignPbt
12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
how counter productive is it if i have enough protein, carbs, and aminoas thats my questionAlmost entirely counterproductive in my opinion. One of the most important factors for growth is intensity. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but legs day alone I leave in a daze from running them into the ground. Back day too. How efficient of a workout are you going to be having at hour 4? How well nourished are you going to be training hard for that many hours?

I'm a proponent of intra-workout nutrition and I still don't think it would be enough. You want to go in and totally annihilate a few parts for an hour or two, sure. But 6 hours? If you want to do a crazy full body day, or go hard as **** on supersets or something then go for it. But 6 hours makes no sense.

pisarcik.k
12-03-2014, 11:24 AM
how counter productive is it if i have enough protein, carbs, and aminoas thats my question

That is like saying I know shooting myself in the head is bad, but just how bad is it... If you don't care if it is counterproductive, why did you even post the thread?

BeauFlexington
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
just for fun. we love training and we got finals. wanna blow off some steam and relax. plus we order a crapton of supps we wanna use
Why can't you guys just do a bunch of hookers'n'blow, like all the other kids after finals? :confused:

boo99
12-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Why can't you guys just do a bunch of hookers'n'blow, like all the other kids after finals? :confused:

Were they part of the CyBro sale?

I missed out on that. Dam.

rhadam
12-03-2014, 01:57 PM

You may be confused as to what cortisol actually does.

Also, if this is a one time thing just do it and have fun. Don't complicate it and try to delve in to the science of it. There's literally no point. If you need energy, eat or drink something. Then continue to lift.

gmstaley
12-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I agree with everyone, 6 hours at the gym is counterproductive. You should be doing at least 10.

Gxp23
12-03-2014, 02:21 PM
You will last 2 then give up.

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
You may be confused as to what cortisol actually does.

Also, if this is a one time thing just do it and have fun. Don't complicate it and try to delve in to the science of it. There's literally no point. If you need energy, eat or drink something. Then continue to lift.

Could u explain what it does a bit then

acehunter27
12-03-2014, 02:34 PM
You will last 2 then give up.

my just do upper body, then get some hookers....my preworkout already has the blow

rhadam
12-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Could u explain what it does a bit then

I don't have the time to give a lesson. I will say though that you aren't going to be seeing muscle loss via cortisol expression (in this scenario). It's 1 day. And you're taking in nutrients while you're doing it.

y0lked
12-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Since the point of a workout is to put a great load of stress on the body, cortisol is going to set in as a response to the training stimulis. However the greater the crotisol hormone that sets in, the greater the anabolic response will be after. And since all we are actually chasing is the response of training, there is no reason to monitor cortisol levels during resistance training.

OT2000
12-03-2014, 03:39 PM
1. Yes
2. No