PDA

View Full Version : Most of my carbs comes from vegetables and dairy - do that count?

Turkishmate
11-28-2014, 03:00 AM
Hey guys,
i counted all my carbs and i eat about 400g grams carbs a day. But i only eat 70 grams of oatmeal, 50 grams of rice and 45grams of dextrose. Which are 110 grams of carbs in total.
Rest of the carbs comes from vegetables, fruits and dairy- but do it count ?
I heard the carbs from dairy and vegetables shouldn't be counted as real carbs, because your body can't really absorb it-

gloria7
11-28-2014, 03:12 AM
Carbs from dairy and fruits definitely count. For vegetables, it depends, Green leafy vegs with tons of fiber = I couldn't care less about counting carbs

BazingaO
11-28-2014, 03:16 AM
Yes you're fine don't worry about it and count them.

My only carbs are coming from oats, one apple and veggies/dairy. Sometimes bread.

AFC96
11-28-2014, 03:18 AM
Yes count it.

JerryB
11-28-2014, 05:10 AM
Hey guys,
i counted all my carbs and i eat about 400g grams carbs a day. But i only eat 70 grams of oatmeal, 50 grams of rice and 45grams of dextrose. Which are 110 grams of carbs in total.
Rest of the carbs comes from vegetables, fruits and dairy- but do it count ?
I heard the carbs from dairy and vegetables shouldn't be counted as real carbs, because your body can't really absorb it-

All foods have calories and should be include regardless of the amount of the macros.
Who told you the nonsense the carbs cannot be absorbed? I suggest you learn more about nutrition. There is no excuse not to use the internet to farther your knowledge.

Thornton90
11-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Of course, all carbs eventually get converted into glucose to be pushed into the cells via insulin and used as energy.

Some go through this process faster than others, for example the carbs in your fruit and veg are more than likely simple carbs which is just one or two strands of sugar, thus giving you a quicker source of glucose.

The carbs in your oatmeal however are multiple strands of sugar and must be broken down into separate sugars, then eventually converted into glucose, giving you a longer lasting, more steady source.
Hope this helps.

acrobat2000
11-28-2014, 10:18 AM
A lot of it is fiber carbs so that portion doesn't count. Just the sugar carbs