PDA

View Full Version : Wake up few hours early to stay ahead of possible Calorie deficit, will it work?

DanielVDMolen
11-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Say I calculated my BMR over a 24Hr period and it is 1600
But I did not include the thermic effect of 10% in this figure which would be 160Cal (all other Calories needed for other activity left aside in this example)
So I guess after a 24HR period my body will have had a Calorie deficit of 166 (more or less) am I right?

But what if I go to sleep a few hours early and wake up 2.5 hrs earlier before this 24HR timespan ends.
Will I stay ahead of this deficit and prevent it?

It's a stupid question perhaps but I need to know how this works for the human body.
And how it relates to when you, for example, accidentally forgot to calculate the thermic effect of food or other stuff in your daily Calorie needs after a training-day.
I mean will your body still build muscle if you wake up a few hours earlier to stay ahead of the deficit. Or will it think nah, not enough calories muscle synthesis is a no go?

I hope this makes some sense of what I am asking.

Brackneyc
11-27-2014, 03:46 PM
You are way overthinking this.

kimm4
11-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Fat loss = calorie deficit and staying consistent with a heavy lifting program.
Build muscle = calorie surplus and staying consistent with a heavy lifting program.

Pick a goal, set your calorie amount and eat those calories daily.

Keep it simple, because simple works.

EjnarKolinkar
11-27-2014, 03:51 PM
It's a moving target, and this is why we do not try to grow with 1 calorie surpluses.

DCSpartan
11-27-2014, 04:21 PM

this.

DuracellBunny
11-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Assuming this isn't an outright troll post.........

If you were anywhere near advanced enough to need to look at things this deeply, you would have already learned enough to answer your own question. By the very fact that you are asking the question, the answer is shut up and squat.

JerryB
11-27-2014, 05:33 PM
You are concerned about nothing of material impact to your training.
Save the deep thinking for how to push yourself during your work outs.

dcourson
11-27-2014, 06:51 PM
You build muscle when you sleep. So you want to sleep as much as you can. Your body is designed to sleep. Don't worry about taking care of it while it is doing what nature intends for it to do.

BrandG
11-27-2014, 06:54 PM

This. It's not rocket science. Eat less than you use. Done.

Phattso
11-27-2014, 07:47 PM
You build muscle when you sleep. So you want to sleep as much as you can. Your body is designed to sleep. Don't worry about taking care of it while it is doing what nature intends for it to do.

Is 18 hours of sleep per night good? The sacrifices we make :cool: