PDA

View Full Version : Want to compete but have a couple questions

andrewescobar75
11-23-2014, 07:52 PM
So im currently 6'1 201lbs and 12% BF(measured with spring loaded caliper). id like to compete in February but can wait for a different competition if needed.

Questions:

-How do i determine what weight i should start cutting. When i ask this its because after looking at competitors their weight ranges from 170-190 and i know my weight will automatically shift but should i try to shred from my current weight or drop from 190 or what.

-I'm planning on competing through NPC so i noticed that they use height classes so does that factor in where i should be?

I go to the gym 6 days a week and already have a good routine and im on a strict diet but i can switch if i need to. If needed i can list current supplementation and diet and workout routine.

Ascendent
11-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Depends on your diet. Some leaner folks can diet down in 8-10 weeks, some take up to 12-16. Don't go by the scale, go by bodyfat as everyone's body composition is different. I've gone on consistently heavier in the past 2 years that I've been competing but leaner every time. Since you're going NPC, I believe you'd be in Class D or as I like to call them, the giants.

acandales001
11-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Sent you a PM bro