PDA

View Full Version : Making breakfast the night before.

snuke24
11-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Hello all.

Coming to you guys for some suggestions.

In the mornings I usually make 2 whole eggs, mixed with roughly 4 egg whites, a bowl of oatmeal, and a banana with 2 slices of rye toast. However I want to try working out in the morning instead of afternoon before work. Been working late and skipping important meals/workouts and I want to do it in the morning and get it out of the way and done for the day so I have no excuses.

I'm wondering what kind of meals I can make the night before to have in the morning real quick, whether its refrigerated or heated up in the microwave before I head out

Thanks in advance=)

BazingaO
11-23-2014, 11:35 AM
If you want to stick with eggs + oatmeal then make hardboiled + overnight oats. Overnight oats are the bomb, tons of recipe on internet.
You can also make your omelette the night before and warm it up in the morning.

However you can also train fasted if you wish. Meal timing is largely irrelavant body composition.

gbullock32
11-23-2014, 01:27 PM
One of my favorites is overnight oats.

Make oats as you want, I like- 1.5 cup oats, 2 cups chocolate milk, 4 tbsp peanut butter, 2 servings sugar free/fat free pudding mix, 1/4 cup maple syrup.

Mix together and toss in the fridge, eat in the morning cold or microwave it a few minutes and good to go; comes out very thick and rich from soaking all night, absolutely delicious.

snuke24
11-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Def going to have to try that=)

Thank you both!

Alan32
11-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Personally I like early morning fasted training. Although I do have some of a shake on the way to the gym but much. (Shake consists of water, 1scoop protein (25g), 10g BCAA, 5g creatine)

JPG13
11-23-2014, 05:34 PM
train fasted in the am. then combine your breakfast and postworkout meal into one mega meal after

JH34PG
11-23-2014, 05:36 PM
I cook my scrambled eggs and ham the night before and just heat up at work. Nothing wrong with that!

BALarimer
11-23-2014, 05:47 PM
One of my favorites is overnight oats.

This. Overnight oats are so easy. I throw some vanilla whey in mine for post workout. Another easy breakfast is chorizo and egg breakfast burritos. I've done sirloin instead of bacon too. I haven't found to be limited with anything just because it's breakfast. Just depends on how much time you want to spend prepping the night before. Other than overnight oats, the other stuff won't be too fresh after more than a day.

I workout fasted when cutting, and take some cereal and protein before working out when putting weight on.

EjnarKolinkar
11-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Hardboil some eggs, make some toast, call it good?

Get up 10 min earlier and just cook?

RespectYourself
11-23-2014, 06:10 PM
You can make poached eggs and store them for up to 5 days. Just re-heat them in hot water and they're perfect:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/10/the-food-lab-how-to-poach-eggs-for-a-party.html

Realseattlefan
11-24-2014, 09:03 AM
Hello all.

Coming to you guys for some suggestions.

In the mornings I usually make 2 whole eggs, mixed with roughly 4 egg whites, a bowl of oatmeal, and a banana with 2 slices of rye toast. However I want to try working out in the morning instead of afternoon before work. Been working late and skipping important meals/workouts and I want to do it in the morning and get it out of the way and done for the day so I have no excuses.

I'm wondering what kind of meals I can make the night before to have in the morning real quick, whether its refrigerated or heated up in the microwave before I head out

Thanks in advance=)

I cook eggs at night for the next morning for quick easy access and also it allows me to sleep in a little more , as for oatmeal i have left it in the fridge overnight fan it was fine in the morning.

ECfromHTX
11-24-2014, 09:44 AM
train fasted in the am. then combine your breakfast and postworkout meal into one mega meal after
That's what I would do.