PDA

View Full Version : Not enough calories?

PixelT
11-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Hey guys,

Just a quick question for you guys. I'm currently following a diet plan for the past few months. I haven't really counted my calories and macros until last night and this is what I came up with.

Calories: 1300
Fat: 37g
Protein: 118g
Carbs: 141g
Sugar: 24g

Note: I really like this diet. The food that I make is good and simple to make. I'm not hungry throughout the day. I lift and do cardio 4-5 times a week. I started during the summer at 225lbs and I'm at 190lbs right now. Male. 6ft tall. Currently have a lot of fat around my abdominal area. I am starting to transition from cardio (running and basketball) to lifting w/ cardio as well.

I've used some calculations I found around here to get this is what I SHOULD be eating to cut...

Calories: 2,470
Fats: 57g
Protein: 190g
Carbs: 300g

What I'm currently eating seems to be off by a lot.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts or advice is always appreciated.

InItForFitness
11-18-2014, 08:15 AM
I think you're consuming FAR too little for overall calories & nutrients.

Based on your stats & activity level, a much more realistic baseline would be something similar to what you've outlined in the 2nd calcuations, although your fat is still far too low.

To begin, you should slowly increase your intake on a weekly basis (+200-300 calories/week) to reach a much more logical level, and allow your metabolism to adjust gradually.

To determine the most logical/accurate baseline #'s for calories/nutrients, use the math provided in this thread ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

bdzemske
11-18-2014, 08:22 AM
wow

yeah that is wayyyyy to few cals. some people can get away with less cals but on paper that is far too low

i would shoot for something closer to your should be eating. esp you are lifting and doing cardio like 5 days a week. on that diet you should be shredded to the bone and having little energy.