PDA

View Full Version : Lean weight decreased even though I haven't been doing any high impact cardio?

jreddy14
11-15-2014, 10:53 AM
So I just got an assessment at the gym, a month on from my last one. I've made some good progress. I've lost 3.5Kg and dropped my body fat by 1.7% but strangely my lean weight has gone from 76.7kg to 75.6kg. My training consists of resistance 4 days a week with 1 maybe 2 days of low impact cardio such as swimming. Any ideas why my lean weight has decreased? My lean percentage has increased but only because my bodyweight has dropped. I've also noticed a definite increase in muscle size and an improvement in muscle tone, so is it possible that it was just a faulty reading? Thanks in advance.

MillerTime07
11-16-2014, 08:02 AM
How do they measure it? If they are using the handheld reader, then it is null and void because they are not accurately at all. Even calipers are going to have a margin of error. Most accurate would be a DEXA scan. Otherwise, I would just pay attention to the scale and mirror.

mackro
11-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Another thing you can do is jump in a bodpod. It is considered to be right around the same accuracy as a DEXA, but far less expensive. The easiest place to find them, at least around here, is universities. It's 25-30 bucks to get it done at my school.
To really know though, we'd also need to know what your eating like. Are you in a deficit or surplus? You can lose LBM by not getting enough protein as well.