PDA

View Full Version : Need advice terrible bloating and gas

simonfitz12
11-14-2014, 11:40 AM
i get terrible gas through out the day and its bad. its defo something in these meals that cause it
Oats
1 scoop protein powder
peanut butter
chia seeds

Mid morning
white rice
3 eggs
veg

i dont cook my oats i just put them in a bowl with 1 scoop protein powder and mix with water could this be my problem? or could it be the eggs.

squall121
11-14-2014, 12:03 PM
i get terrible gas through out the day and its bad. its defo something in these meals that cause it
Oats
1 scoop protein powder
peanut butter
chia seeds

Mid morning
white rice
3 eggs
veg

i dont cook my oats i just put them in a bowl with 1 scoop protein powder and mix with water could this be my problem? or could it be the eggs.

I will tell you what worked with me ,
I decresed fibre from 50 gm to 30 ..( used to eat tons of salad and all bran )
Then changed the protein shake this really helped too

beyond09
11-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Both of those meals contain dairy & bloating and gas can be signs of lactose intolerance. Not saying that's what it is, but definitely something to look into.

Also, do you consume a lot of foods with artificial sweeteners? Drink carbonated beverages? I find when I overindulge in these I have issues with gas and bloating as well.

ChaoticReignPbt
11-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Could be the protein powder. It's a processed dairy product. Some people are sensitive to that, even varying from brand to brand.

All you can really do is play around with your meals and see if it changes. I was eating refried beans with lunch this week and while I don't mind being gassy my woman did not appreciate it so I had to ax that meal.

Connor1226
11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I agree that it could be the whey.
Try going without that for a few days and see how you do after you reintroduce it.
Whey isolates are better for some people with whey/dairy sensitivities.

Could be the fiber if you are not used to consuming so much. Over time your body tends to adjust for it.

PBateman2
11-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Drop the protein powder.

Drink plenty of water.