PDA

View Full Version : how to read this nutrition label?

willimakeitbrah
11-12-2014, 10:35 AM
I bought a packet of almonds, and I don't know how many calories and fats are there for 1 almond.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1oz(28g) Nut Kernels
Servings Per Container: 10

Amount Per Serving
Calories 162

Total Fat 14g
Total Carb 6g
Total Protein 6g

How do you read this? What are the calories and fats for a single almond? I want to able to get between 50-60g of fat per day with almonds.

ChaoticReignPbt
11-12-2014, 10:39 AM
You have to weigh it. Buy a cheap food scale. It's not going to be accurate, and it will be needlessly tedious to count almonds.

Are you get all your fat from almonds? Or are you including other sources?

Jesleyh
11-12-2014, 10:39 AM
28 grams ( one serving) of nuts gives 162 calories i.e fat 14g. Weigh them.

willimakeitbrah
11-12-2014, 10:43 AM
You have to weigh it. Buy a cheap food scale. It's not going to be accurate, and it will be needlessly tedious to count almonds.

Are you get all your fat from almonds? Or are you including other sources?

I need 70g of fat, I get 50-60 from almonds, while the rest comes from chicken.

28 grams = 162 calories + 14 grams of fat?

I used to eat 3 brazil nuts per day, but I heard too much selenium can cause numbness on fingers, balding,etc. I can feel numbness on my middle finger at times, and I found out selenium may have had to do with it.

ChaoticReignPbt
11-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I need 70g of fat, I get 50-60 from almonds, while the rest comes from chicken.

28 grams = 162 calories + 14 grams of fat?

I used to eat 3 brazil nuts per day, but I heard too much selenium can cause numbness on fingers, balding,etc. I can feel numbness on my middle finger at times, and I found out selenium may have had to do with it.I would vary your fat sources more. Red meats, eggs, fatty fish, full fat dairy (milk/cheese/etc), butter, coconut oil, etc. Variety is the best way to make sure you have a well rounded diet.