PDA

View Full Version : Critique/Help me with my Fat Intake

jamesonwheeler
11-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Hey all,

I'm cutting on 2000 calorie a day diet. My macros are set to 185c, 50f, 190p. I am currently about 74.5kg (165lbs) carrying a good 15% bodyfat (estimate). I was recommended to keep fat low to maximize carb intake. However a few people mentioned to me that my fat is too low. Anyways I tried to find out how much polysatured, monosaturated, and satured fat I should be getting but I can't find a clear answer. Can someone critique my fat intake and give me some suggestions of what I need (what type of fat) and possible good source of it (more eggs, salmon, olive oil, etc.)

of my 50g of fat I get

3g from an EFA supplement .4sf, 2psf, .5msf
2g from a Fish oil supplement 2g psf
5g from 300g of raw chicken breast (think that 5 content may track wrong)
7g from walnuts 1sf, 6psf, 1msf
15g from Nuttzo mixed nutbutter (or peanut butter) but I can't find tracking info for this
the rest is from protein powders and oatmeal and stuff.

What kind of fats do I need to add? Poly, mono, saturated? and what are some good sources of them? Recommendations?

Eugenefd
11-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Have you considered adding in avocados? They contain phytosterols, polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols, and oleic acid. These types of fats are very good when looking to build on muscle but keep from gaining fat. They get a bad rep because they are 85% fat but the fat in them is very beneficial to the muscle tissue and growth.

OT2000
11-08-2014, 04:57 PM
You have a decent balance of unsaturated fats. The walnuts and peanut butter is high in mono-unsaturated fats and you are getting poly unsaturated in the EFA's, fish oils and also the PB and walnuts. Chicken is mainly mono unsaturated fats with a gram or 2 saturated. I do not know what Nuttzo nut butter is.

I would add some more healthy sats from good sources like eggs, grass fed meats, coconut oils etc. SP mentioned avocado which I am a fan of and agree with. They will jump your fat content higher where you need to be ( based on your prior thread ).

Another note, I don't see a point in taking EFA and fish oils. Get EFA's from food. Try to get the fish oils from fatty fishes like sardines, salmon, mackerel etc if you like fish.

Biggest mistake in diets ( in relation to unsaturated fats ) are excessive poly unsaturated fats at the expense of mono. Balance is key and mono ratio should be higher than poly for optimal health. And higher omega 3 compared to omega 6 with poly.

jamesonwheeler
11-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Man i really dont like fish that much. So i use the suppsm maybe i will just learn yo like it anyother suggestions anyone?

jamesonwheeler
11-09-2014, 03:14 AM
Anyother thoughts? BTW I bought some avocados...now I gotta figure out how I'ma eat these beaches

OT2000
11-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Anyother thoughts? BTW I bought some avocados...now I gotta figure out how I'ma eat these beaches

Cut in half, take out large pit. Sprinkle salt and lime juice ( a tad ) right on top and eat with a spoon. Or make some guacamole.

Mrpb
11-09-2014, 08:10 AM
If you feel good on 50 grams I don't see much wrong with it. Alan Aragon recommends 0.3 gram per lb as minimum*.

It's all about finding what works for you.

Personally I never eat less than 100 gram of fat. I feel better that way. Too many carbs gives me the blues.

* http://www.livestrong.com/article/553149-healthy-eating-101-improve-your-fat-loss-and-muscle-gain/