PDA

View Full Version : Lame appetite /:

Meecrob462
11-06-2014, 01:16 AM
So I'm preparing to start my bulk again and as I've grown, of course, the quantity of food I need to take in has increased. But here's my issue: my appetite or lack thereof. For as long as I can remember I've never been a big eater. It's particularly bad in the mornings. I never wake up hungry. This is extremely frustrating because I've had to start training in the mornings shortly after waking up and before work. I typically have some fruit and whey before the gym, then preworkout. My stomach bothers me the entire workout and it's affecting my performance. I drink a ton of water during and then after it's time for post workout shake and whey. After all this getting anything down is a serious challenge. Some days worse than others. It can take hours before I can even think food sometimes. WHY!?!?!? Does anyone have or had the same problem? And what can I do to make it better?

gbullock32
11-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Try training fasted if eating before bothers you.

Eat more calorie dense foods, eggs, whole milk, full fat dairy, nuts/nut butters, trail mix, fatty cuts of meat; all are great options that have a lot of calories with less volume.

Liquid calories are another option, make a home made gainer shake- Peanut butter, milk, ice cream, Hershey's syrup, and a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil ill make a very high calorie shake for cheap- not to mention it's very tasty.

AFC96
11-06-2014, 02:46 AM
I wake up hungry and always hungry through out the day. Not sure whether im bored or hungry..

That aside, Try eating more calorie dense food like gbullock32 said. Food high in fat will have a higher calorie as 1g of fat = 9 calories.

Peanut butter, cheese, nuts are your friends.