PDA

View Full Version : I am finding it impossible to get my 1.5g of protine a day from real food.

Jackblack024
11-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Is it ok to drink protine shakes to make up for the rest of it? It would be alot of shakes but the food I have to eat to get the protien I require is exteremly expensive and I still cant reach the suggested daily amount, so is it ok to us protien shakes to get the rest of the protien?

MichielN
11-04-2014, 01:39 PM
1.5g is not a lot.

jk i know you mean 1.5g/lbs

try 0.8-1g/lbs, you don't need 1.5g/lbs

ChaoticReignPbt
11-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Is it ok to drink protine shakes to make up for the rest of it? It would be alot of shakes but the food I have to eat to get the protien I require is exteremly expensive and I still cant reach the suggested daily amount, so is it ok to us protien shakes to get the rest of the protien?You don't need 1.5g. .8g-1g is plenty. As for cost there is plenty of low cost options if you shop smart. Chicken breasts in bulk, eggs, tougher cuts of beef, chicken thighs, cottage cheese, etc.

Watch for sales. Chicken breast occasionally hits 1.73/lb where I am and when that happens I'll snag 20lbs and freeze it. If my budget is tight I can get by fine on $50 a week.

You can use protein shakes, but real food is always going to be better.