PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference in how you train for muscle size?

stingray72
11-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Is there a difference in how you train for muscle size? I used to train more on the power lifting side rep wise in the past and even though I did get decently stronger i noticed I never really go that much bigger. Im just trying to see if more reps truly does give you more muscle size or is my outcome more based on my genetics.

acandales001
11-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Try incorporating both approaches to target/break-down both fast twitch and slow twitch fibers. Go heavy/slow/low reps one session, and then go lighter/faster/higher reps in another session later in the week for that same muscle group. Cover all the angles.

ACSZZ1988
11-04-2014, 05:10 AM
Try incorporating both approaches to target/break-down both fast twitch and slow twitch fibers. Go heavy/slow/low reps one session, and then go lighter/faster/higher reps in another session later in the week for that same muscle group. Cover all the angles.

Solid advice

yavuzfaruk
03-31-2015, 12:03 PM
+1 !!

RC2008
04-03-2015, 01:40 AM
You should PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD.

That means either use more weight, take shorter rest periods (but not with less weight than you're used to or sets/reps), perform more sets/reps/exercises or even find a stronger training partner to push you in every aspect of your workout.

Progressive overload is a fancy way of saying... challenge yourself beyond your previous limits every single workout.

Progressive overload is how to make gains/improvements.