PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady has 18tds and only 2 ints

EmmanuelSanders
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Peyton has 22 tds with 3 ints. Brady doing it with a less talented receiving core. GOATS GON GOAT.

deerdiary
10-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Strong username to post content correlation to thread title to opinion. Strong everything.

mlift11
10-26-2014, 01:22 PM
yup.

KBaller33
10-26-2014, 01:26 PM
He's in the MVP race with Rodgers, Manning,Rivers, and Murray. Surprisingly no one is talking about him enough.

beer n brats
10-26-2014, 01:29 PM
but when Brady struggles it's cuz he has nothing on offense, but when he plays good he's the best because he does it with nothing on offense.. did I miss something?

Poppingtags
10-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Sorry m8 but Rodgers has 18 TDs and 1 pick. No one can challenge the true GOAT

Dave P
10-26-2014, 01:31 PM
but who was soft ass schedule.

sdballer5588
10-26-2014, 01:32 PM
but when Brady struggles it's cuz he has nothing on offense, but when he plays good he's the best because he does it with nothing on offense.. did I miss something?

Your brain.

beer n brats
10-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Your brain.

nice rebuttal :rolleyes:

Stratisfear
10-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Tom Brady has been trailing since college. Pulling off wins from behind and less.

That's why he's the Comeback Kid. Not because all of those last minute game winning TD drives. It's because of his ****ing life. Trailing every season with less talent. His story is ****ing amazing and inspirational. Could never understand how anyone can hate this guy.

Brady the only QB to turn White Manlets into fuking superheroes. What has Rivers done with Woodhead? What has Manning done with Welker? When they were with the Patriots, Tom King Phucking Brady turn those short white manlets and ENGRAVED a motherphucking 'S' on their chest and turned them into superheroes. Their best seasons have been with Darth Brady. Edleman still being developed as we speak. Then you gave Brady an already proven Superstar like Moss, and look what happened. Record setting Season, 16-0 GOAT status. Broke all kinds of records. Brady > all.

Yes. GOAT IS gonna GOAT. 1 more ring solidifies that spot.

sdballer5588
10-26-2014, 01:35 PM
nice rebuttal :rolleyes:

Are you stupid? Those 2 things you said are both true.

He struggles because his offense isn't exactly flooded with weapons. He does well with less and is lauded because his offense isn't viewed as high powered outside of Gronk.

You're a moron.

smashedpotato
10-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Peyton has 22 tds with 3 ints. Brady doing it with a less talented receiving core. GOATS GON GOAT.

EmmanuelSanders

EmmanuelSanders
10-26-2014, 01:38 PM

⚫Jets almost beat the Broncos
⚫Bengals were undefeated and just beat a good Ravens team.

JotaroJoestar
10-26-2014, 01:39 PM

I always thought this was stupid. Luke Kuechly compared Lafell to AJ Green. I mean, Lafell isn't that good, but he's got a lot of talent, and is really underrated. Great pickup for the Patriots. They have Julian Edelman, who should have another 100 catch season. They have Rob Gronkowski, who has been one of the best in the business throughout his career.

He has weapons, but compare it to other teams and they don't have nearly as much. Lafell never had more than 50 receptions in a year. Gronkowski for a lot of the season was playing less than 50% of the snaps. Edelman has had his share of drops on the season(Including 3 today). And the o-line has had ~30 combinations this season.

Now, you can't discount, all the good aspects in the first paragraph, but you can see why people say he does more with less. Especially considering how he started the season, and how he's been since.

WAviking24
10-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Joe Montana who? Tom Brady GOAT

beer n brats
10-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Are you stupid? Those 2 things you said are both true.

He struggles because his offense isn't exactly flooded with weapons. He does well with less and is lauded because his offense isn't viewed as high powered outside of Gronk.

You're a moron.

I'm stupid yet u agreed with my statement? :confused:

sdballer5588
10-26-2014, 01:43 PM
I'm stupid yet u agreed with my statement? :confused:

You're stupid because you implied both of those things cannot simultaneously be true, you dumbass.

Are you srsly about to fkn pretend you weren't trying to diss Brady there?

Dave P
10-26-2014, 01:43 PM
⚫Jets almost beat the Broncos
⚫Bengals were undefeated and just beat a good Ravens team.

By that logic the Pats almost lost to the Raiders and the Jets, teams with a combined 1-13 record.

10-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Joe Montana who? Tom Brady GOAT

This. Where is Brady's Jerry Rice?

sdballer5588
10-26-2014, 01:44 PM
By that logic the Pats almost lost to the Raiders.

Meaning the Raiders may just not be that bad.

Jesus christ I know you're pretty stupid, but this lack of higher reasoning skills ITT is unbelievable.

TAWS6
10-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Who cares pey pey can have the regular season awards

Dave P
10-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Meaning the Raiders may just not be that bad.

Jesus christ I know you're pretty stupid, but this lack of higher reasoning skills ITT is unbelievable.

You're legit going potato in here if you're trying to make the argument that the Jets/Raiders "are not that bad"

I know you don't actually watch any of these games and only look at box scores but trust me....the Raiders and Jets are god awful.

HankScorp1o
10-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Who cares pey pey can have the regular season awardsActually yeah, why not? Then ESPN, the media, the 2012 Denver fan bandwagon joiners, and the sports misc can all make a million excuses, as usual, when he fails spectacularly in the post season.

HankScorp1o
10-26-2014, 01:50 PM
This. Where is Brady's Jerry Rice?Or for that matter, Brady's 4 straight one-and-dones in the playoffs like Joe?

sdballer5588
10-26-2014, 01:52 PM
You're legit going potato in here if you're trying to make the argument that the Jets/Raiders "are not that bad".

Bro you're comparing "almost losses" as a way to weigh power rankings.

You're the only potato in here. I was simply pointing out that you responded to someone else's odd reasoning by countering with a point twice as stupid.

Almost winning can mean a lot, and can reflect the actual difficulty teams have with perceived "god awful" teams. Almost losing (your point here) means you still won. You are more than a little slow, so I'll give you a break. The winner doesn't need a moral victory. They have an ACTUAL victory.

Win is a win is a win is a win is a win

Dave P
10-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Bro you're comparing "almost losses" as a way to weigh power rankings.

You're the only potato in here.

You might want to go back and read the conversation.

I was responding to someone using "almost wins" as a way to weigh power rankings in a sarcastic manner meant to point out how stupid transitive "almosts" against other teams is retarded.

Shreder54
10-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Tom Brady has been trailing since college. Pulling off wins from behind and less.

That's why he's the Comeback Kid. Not because all of those last minute game winning TD drives. It's because of his ****ing life. Trailing every season with less talent. His story is ****ing amazing and inspirational. Could never understand how anyone can hate this guy.

Brady the only QB to turn White Manlets into fuking superheroes. What has Rivers done with Woodhead? What has Manning done with Welker? When they were with the Patriots, Tom King Phucking Brady turn those short white manlets and ENGRAVED a motherphucking 'S' on their chest and turned them into superheroes. Their best seasons have been with Darth Brady. Edleman still being developed as we speak. Then you gave Brady an already proven Superstar like Moss, and look what happened. Record setting Season, 16-0 GOAT status. Broke all kinds of records. Brady > all.

Yes. GOAT IS gonna GOAT. 1 more ring solidifies that spot.

Quality post lol

sdballer5588
10-26-2014, 01:55 PM
You might want to go back and read the conversation.

I was responding to someone using "almost wins" as a way to weigh power rankings in a sarcastic manner meant to point out how stupid transitive "almosts" against other teams is retarded.

Yeah, and read my edit. You countering stupidity with more stupidity is hardly a reason to call someone ELSE a potato. It's good you were trying to point out stupidity.

Shame it had to come by pointing out your own.

DefensiveEnd896
10-26-2014, 01:56 PM
He's on fire...

outfoxxed
10-26-2014, 02:00 PM
as much as you guys try to act like bradys receiving corps is so bad it isn't....

lafell roughly equals sanders. (sanders had 100 more yards and 1 more TD last year but Big Ben passed for almost 900 more yards than Cam)
gronk > thomas
Welker isn't a significant contributor anymore same with amendola
Patriots run game > Broncos run game (though we will find out if hillman is legit)
DT > Edelman
Wright > Tamme

The only real edge the broncos have is a significant one with DT over edelman. Other than that, Gronk > Julius Thomas. Tim Wright > Jacob Tamme. Pats run game > Broncos run game. Sanders = LaFell. Welker roughly equals amendola cause neither of them catches more than a couple passes a game anyways.

Patriots fans are always going to complain about how stacked the broncos are because that's how they are. None of them appreciate the fact that Peyton is turning a bunch of scrub receivers into pro bowlers.

Sanders 634yards 6 tds before Peyton. (Big Ben threw for over 4000 yards that year too...)
Thomas 551yards 4 tds before Peyton. (He was considered extremely raw at the time as well playing in a run first, second and third offense in college)
Decker 612yards 8 tds before Peyton.
Julius Thomas -- Didn't even play in the NFL. Stayed injured

Let's face it. If brady had sanders, thomas, and decker, patriots fans would be crying about how bad of a receiving corps they have and how their wideouts/tight ends couldn't even put up 650 yards in a season. Or they blame belichick for being shyt at drafting receivers. Pats fan will complain about how Peytons had elite receivers his entire career but none of them are ever willing to admit that Peyton basically makes his receivers elite. You think DT would magically put up a 1400 yard season with brady when he had 550 yards the season before? I really doubt it because NE doesn't have the coach/qb/veterans that would develop someone like thomas.

And if you're going to complain about how Peytons oline is so great... They aren't. Clady hasn't returned to preinjury form yet. LG Orlando Franklin isn't quite so used to his role yet and is a bit inconsistent. Not truly bad. C Manny Ramirez is a huge pile of garbage and always missnaps the ball. RG Vasquez isn't playing as well as last year but still a very good gard. RT Chris Clark got benched for being so shyt. Paul Cornick looks to be a bit better.

Fact is, Manning has the quickest release in the game. He makes the worst olines look better

randomhero13455
10-26-2014, 02:00 PM
how do people possibly hate lord brady??

the man never stops putting the team on his back, and even when he has a dominating game he always is humble AF afterwords thanking the team for what they did.

mother fukker makes MILLIONS less than Jay cutler, is willing to take a COMPLETE CHIT SALARY just so the team can be better.

the dude is a the most passionate QB in the league and people still hate and says he has no heart. smh

LeonardShelby
10-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Remember when people were saying Cam Newton had no one to throw to? Funny how lafell comes to the pats and Brady turns him into a pro bowl receiver

Tommy12Orr4
10-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Remember when people were saying Cam Newton had no one to throw to? Funny how lafell comes to the pats and Brady turns him into a pro bowl receiver

He's been damn good this season, and he seems to be Brady's go to WR now, with Gronk still being his favorite target. It's nice to see a WR over 6'0 playing with Brady.

SompletelyCober
10-26-2014, 02:13 PM
This. Where is Brady's Jerry Rice?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/06/article-2274314-17617F99000005DC-697_1024x615_large.jpg

Antonio519
10-26-2014, 02:14 PM
I like how pats fans forget brady hasn't won anything in the past 10 yrs

randomhero13455
10-26-2014, 02:19 PM

i like how you have so much respect for brady and the pats you demand a SB or else nothing else counts.

lets forget that they are the most winning team of the last 14 years, its no big fukking deal or anything.

Antonio519
10-26-2014, 02:21 PM
i like how you have so much respect for brady and the pats you demand a SB or else nothing else counts.

lets forget that they are the most winning team of the last 14 years, its no big fukking deal or anything.

It was in response to a pats fan saying "peyton can have all the regular season awards"

randomhero13455
It was in response to a pats fan saying "peyton can have all the regular season awards"

my B.

Tommy12Orr4

What does not winning a Super Bowl in ten years have to do with Brady and this current season?

Edit: I see your edit now.

jamesbwbevis
10-26-2014, 02:22 PM
brady goat

HoganIsGOAT
10-26-2014, 02:25 PM

Brady now has 18 touchdowns, and has thrown for more yards than Rodgers for weeks.

There record versus division teams and NFC teams is almost identical. They don't play just division teams in the playoffs. Every team in the AFC East has a top 10 rated defense. Stay jealous.

Agreed. Cam is overrated, and Panthers fans refuse to believe he is a problem.

Winning anything equals a Superbowl win? Okay, so I guess your team hasn't won anything in how long? Meanwhile, during that 10 years of not winning the Superbowl the Pats have accumulated the best record in the entire NFL, with multiple Superbowl appearances, a buttload of AFCCG's, and a division championship every year.

Confirmed butthurt.

Phobaphobia
10-26-2014, 02:36 PM

Yes. GOAT IS gonna GOAT. 1 more ring solidifies that spot.One of the greatest posts in the history of the sports misc

CheekClapperlol
10-26-2014, 02:40 PM
why is it every pats thread I enter I see DaveP hating on them in some form? Please explain your hate sir.

GinoFelino
10-26-2014, 02:44 PM
as much as you guys try to act like bradys receiving corps is so bad it isn't....

lafell roughly equals sanders. (sanders had 100 more yards and 1 more TD last year but Big Ben passed for almost 900 more yards than Cam)
gronk > thomas
Welker isn't a significant contributor anymore same with amendola
Patriots run game > Broncos run game (though we will find out if hillman is legit)
DT > Edelman
Wright > Tamme

The only real edge the broncos have is a significant one with DT over edelman. Other than that, Gronk > Julius Thomas. Tim Wright > Jacob Tamme. Pats run game > Broncos run game. Sanders = LaFell. Welker roughly equals amendola cause neither of them catches more than a couple passes a game anyways.

Patriots fans are always going to complain about how stacked the broncos are because that's how they are. None of them appreciate the fact that Peyton is turning a bunch of scrub receivers into pro bowlers.

Sanders 634yards 6 tds before Peyton. (Big Ben threw for over 4000 yards that year too...)
Thomas 551yards 4 tds before Peyton. (He was considered extremely raw at the time as well playing in a run first, second and third offense in college)
Decker 612yards 8 tds before Peyton.
Julius Thomas -- Didn't even play in the NFL. Stayed injured

Let's face it. If brady had sanders, thomas, and decker, patriots fans would be crying about how bad of a receiving corps they have and how their wideouts/tight ends couldn't even put up 650 yards in a season. Or they blame belichick for being shyt at drafting receivers. Pats fan will complain about how Peytons had elite receivers his entire career but none of them are ever willing to admit that Peyton basically makes his receivers elite. You think DT would magically put up a 1400 yard season with brady when he had 550 yards the season before? I really doubt it because NE doesn't have the coach/qb/veterans that would develop someone like thomas.

And if you're going to complain about how Peytons oline is so great... They aren't. Clady hasn't returned to preinjury form yet. LG Orlando Franklin isn't quite so used to his role yet and is a bit inconsistent. Not truly bad. C Manny Ramirez is a huge pile of garbage and always missnaps the ball. RG Vasquez isn't playing as well as last year but still a very good gard. RT Chris Clark got benched for being so shyt. Paul Cornick looks to be a bit better.

Fact is, Manning has the quickest release in the game. He makes the worst olines look better

DT wouldve easily put up a 1400 yard type season with Brady as well as a decent amount of other QBs. You can't put up 1400 yards and double digit TDs when your QB throws for about 1400 yards total on the season.

Manning definitely makes people better like Brady but don't use stats with Tebow as a way to make them seem like nobodies.

Phobaphobia
10-26-2014, 02:44 PM
why is it every pats thread I enter I see DaveP hating on them in some form? Please explain your hate sir.He's a 49rs fan. I'm guessing he is afraid of Montana becoming #2 in the GOAT conversation.

ItsWhatIDo
10-26-2014, 02:49 PM

Pretty sure he is on pace for as many or less catches than last season. How is that a pro bowler?

LeonardShelby
10-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Pretty sure he is on pace for as many or less catches than last season. How is that a pro bowler?

It's good that you can read stats without context. You realize he wasn't even on the field the first few games right? Now that Brady and him have gotten comfortable he's clearly one of his favorite targets.

ItsWhatIDo
10-26-2014, 03:05 PM
It's good that you can read stats without context. You realize he wasn't even on the field the first few games right? Now that Brady and him have gotten comfortable he's clearly one of his favorite targets.

He had nine catches in the last three games. He had a couple big games last year too.

JotaroJoestar
10-26-2014, 03:09 PM
He had nine catches in the last three games. He had a couple big games last year too.

He's getting more involved in the offense by game. He's running better routes, and Brady trusts him to run routes down the middle, whereas earlier in the season it was just outside for 5 yards, or a screen.

Last 3 games

19 Catches, 23 Targets, 276 yards, 3 TDs

jross2021
10-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Brady is the best ever.

Peyton has had stacked offenses every year and hasn't accomplished nearly as much as Brady. Although, I will say.. Brady's pass to welker in the super bowl was one of the worst chokes I've ever seen, but Manning one upped that last year.

smashedpotato
10-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Brady is the best ever.

Peyton has had stacked offenses every year and hasn't accomplished nearly as much as Brady. Although, I will say.. Brady's pass to welker in the super bowl was one of the worst chokes I've ever seen, but Manning one upped that last year.

Lol, at ppl even putting peyton in the same conversation as Brady. Brady is elite, peyton is very good.

theoldnite
10-26-2014, 03:59 PM

and rodgers only pick was a pass that jordy accidentally tipped. future GOATs gonna GOAT

HoganIsGOAT
10-26-2014, 05:16 PM

In his four year stint in Carolina, Brandon LaFell's season averages were: 596.25 yards per season, 3.25 TD's per season, 38.82 yards per game, with two games ever of 100 yards or more.

In the first 8 games in New England - 461 yards (just about 135 yards below his entire season average), 4 touchdowns (already above his entire season average), 57.62 yards per game (about 20 yards above his season average), and two games of 100 yards or more (equaling his 4 year career total).

In just this game today, he caught 11 passes for 124 yards, both career highs.

And...he actually did this in 6 games, not 8, as he didn't play in games 1 or 2.

Does that explain it, bro...

socrates07
10-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Brady is the best QB this game has ever seen, I put him above Joe montana simply because there is no Jerry rice and there never will be one with Tom brady.

Does it blow anyone else's mind what brady would have done with marvin harrison and reggie wayne as his wideouts for most of his career? It's like the football Gods said "fuk that sh*t"

HankScorp1o
10-27-2014, 05:47 AM
It was in response to a pats fan saying "peyton can have all the regular season awards"Stats: 5'6''

I can think of at least two reasons that explain why you're so mad.

JUGGERNAUT1333
10-27-2014, 06:05 AM
Don't know why we have to argue who's the best..... both Brady and Manning will go down in the " greatest ever" discussion. Their Hall of Fame busts are probabaly already made waiting. The only current QB that even remotely has the chance to match their achievements is Luck.

I definitely agree that Brady has done more with less. We all saw what happened when they gave him Randy Moss ( inb4 still lost to Giants in SB). Tom Brady has had medicore weapons his whole career with exception to Gronk and Moss. Manning spent his prime with Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

Gotta give Manning credit for making up for this lack of arm strength by someone becoming even smarter as a QB and reading the defense fast and relying on quick throws. I honestly do think Brady needs another SB to silence the "spygate" doubters ( I am not one of them however)

Same with Manning, he needs another to cement his legacy. Just my opinions.