PDA

View Full Version : Is Ameer Abdullah the best running back in college football?

JewishSuperHero
10-25-2014, 11:41 AM
He's probably the funnest to watch at least. Seems like he has a 40+ yard touchdown every game.

tQC2EW5gLkg
http://youtu.be/tQC2EW5gLkg

woody19
10-25-2014, 11:46 AM
A lot of great backs to watch this year

Ameer
Gordon
Gurkey
Buck
Coleman
Perine
Henry
Wilson
Freeman
Williams/Collins
Duke

Hoping they usher in a new running game oriented offense

pedobearu_aware
10-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Nope. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158612763

Abdullah is excellent, though.

woody19
10-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Nope. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158612763

Abdullah is excellent, though.

Is he officially back? Last I heard they submitted the paper work

pedobearu_aware
10-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Is he officially back? Last I heard they submitted the paper work
No, but it is a matter of time. Tuesday at the latest.

woody19
10-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Nice, he is too good not to play, although it might help him in the long run. Chubb and freeman are eerily similar to me, I thought both peaked in high school and were too slow, but both have balled out

pedobearu_aware
10-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Nice, he is too good not to play, although it might help him in the long run. Chubb and freeman are eerily similar to me, I thought both peaked in high school and were too slow, but both have balled out
First Lorenzo Carter and now Nick Chubb? Lol. You are not too good with this projection thing, are ya?

JewishSuperHero
10-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh yeah. Totally forgot about Gurley. Potato on my part.

AlternateHandle
10-25-2014, 12:21 PM
3rd best in the B1G behind Coleman and Gordon.

woody19
10-25-2014, 12:25 PM
First Lorenzo Carter and now Nick Chubb? Lol. You are not too good with this projection thing, are ya?

Lol I have some hits and a lot of misses like most. I only watched one game of Carter's and he got dominated by a 5-11 tackle, then heard a lot of people saying he was a better athlete than player. Chubbs is a workout freak so you never know if he looks great because he took working out seriously in high school or if he was just a natural beast, it turns out he was the latter.

pedobearu_aware
10-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Lol I have some hits and a lot of misses like most. I only watched one game of Carter's and he got dominated by a 5-11 tackle, then heard a lot of people saying he was a better athlete than player. Chubbs is a workout freak so you never know if he looks great because he took working out seriously in high school or if he was just a natural beast, it turns out he was the latter.
Actually, anyone who followed Chubb at all in HS knew how hard he worked. You can keep talking out your ass if you want, though.

woody19
10-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Actually, anyone who followed Chubb at all in HS knew how hard he worked. You can keep talking out your ass if you want, though.

Reading comprehension? Defensive? I knew he was a workout freak, he has had videos out for years of him pulling impressive numbers. What I was saying is I didn't know if he looked great because he took weight trading more seriously than most high school players or if he was just a natural talent.

But no you got sand all in your puss, I would too if my team had only been relevant once in their entire history. Enjoy not winning anything meaningful with the "best backfield".

CurryTech777
10-25-2014, 12:45 PM
raiders 2nd round pick srs

woody19
10-25-2014, 12:47 PM
raiders 2nd round pick srs

Charlie garner 2.0

metafour
10-25-2014, 12:51 PM
24 carries for 45 yards when they played Michigan State. He's good, but kind of overrated at this point. The kid from Indiana (Tevin Coleman) had 132 yards on 15 carries against the same defense.

Godyssey
10-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Only the best against chit teams.

Looked very mediocre against a real defense.

How many 40+ runs did he have against MSU?

justin8684
10-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Not even the best in his own conference for Christ's sake.

Cherrypoptart
10-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Not even the best in his own conference for Christ's sake.

Who's better? Melvin Gordon? Hasn't played a good rush defense yet this year, not to mention he's playing behind an offensive line that is bigger than the packers O-line. If your argument is for Tevin Coleman or David Cobb, I'll gladly listen, but stfu if your a melvin gordon phaggot

Godyssey
10-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Who's better? Melvin Gordon? Hasn't played a good rush defense yet this year, not to mention he's playing behind an offensive line that is bigger than the packers O-line. If your argument is for Tevin Coleman or David Cobb, I'll gladly listen, but stfu if your a melvin gordon phaggot

you say he hasn't played a good defense in the same thread that talks about Ameer. just lol

justin8684
10-25-2014, 02:14 PM

Yeah, the same Melvin Gordon phaggot who only needed 9 carries to break 200 yards the last time he played those tator tots from Lincoln ...dude's yards per carry is staggering the previous two years, not just this season.

Shortstop36
10-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Does he have the physical prowess to make it at the next level? (srs) same with melvin gordon.

I'd prob take

Gurley
Yeldon
and maybe Duke Johnson if he puts up a high enough 40, before them

knicksbrah
10-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Runs like Shady Mccoy

Looks undersized but Gio is 5'9 too but got 20 pounds on him. Weight will be easy to pack on obviously

woody19
10-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Does he have the physical prowess to make it at the next level? (srs) same with melvin gordon.

I'd prob take

Gurley
Yeldon

Duke is made of glass, all 3 of the b1g backs have a better shot at the pros then him

CurryTech777
10-25-2014, 02:27 PM
24 carries for 45 yards when they played Michigan State. He's good, but kind of overrated at this point. The kid from Indiana (Tevin Coleman) had 132 yards on 15 carries against the same defense.

thats because nebraska has a chitty qb. hence why he carries like 25 times a game

Shortstop36
10-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Duke is made of glass, all 3 of the b1g backs have a better shot at the pros then him

tru about being made of glass.

However i think he has the best 0-60 in college football IMO, which is why someone will give him a shot.

TerellOwens
10-25-2014, 02:33 PM
he truly is an explosive runner

PunyFella
10-25-2014, 03:18 PM

I'd prob take

Gurley
Yeldon
and maybe Duke Johnson if he puts up a high enough 40, before themYup, that's the question. Gurley is certainly the most NFL-ready back in college right now.

justin8684
10-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Yup, that's the question. Gurley is certainly the most NFL-ready back in college right now.

I'd agree with this. In terms of just running the football out of the backfield, I believe Gordon is the best but in terms of all-around versatility as a football player, Gurley is the best at the position. Dude can run, catch, return kicks, everything.

CurryTech777
10-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I'd agree with this. In terms of just running the football out of the backfield, I believe Gordon is the best but in terms of all-around versatility as a football player, Gurley is the best at the position. Dude can run, catch, return kicks, everything.

ITT we name running backs that return kicks

Cherrypoptart
10-25-2014, 05:10 PM
you say he hasn't played a good defense in the same thread that talks about Ameer. just lol

Yeah, the same Melvin Gordon phaggot who only needed 9 carries to break 200 yards the last time he played those tator tots from Lincoln ...dude's yards per carry is staggering the previous two years, not just this season.

I'd prob take

Gurley
Yeldon

Your an idiot

Dysfunqtional
10-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Yup, that's the question. Gurley is certainly the most NFL-ready back in college right now.

Gurley will have a worse NFL career than Melvin Gordon and Melvin will be picked ahead of Gurley for a reason.

FryDude
10-25-2014, 05:12 PM
He also has an amazing name.

phillyfreak7
10-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Love Gurley, but I like Melvin Gordon even more. Melvin Gordon will enter the NFL and become an immediate starter who runs for 1600 yards. His vision, acceleration and his quickness are incredible.

Cherrypoptart
10-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Love Gurley, but I like Melvin Gordon even more. Melvin Gordon will enter the NFL and become an immediate starter who runs for 1600 yards. His vision, acceleration and his quickness are incredible.

phuck no. Melvin Gordon is overrated as phuck. Anyone could run for 1000 with Wisco's O-line. He's just another Brian Calhoun.

woody19
10-25-2014, 07:34 PM
phuck no. Melvin Gordon is overrated as phuck. Anyone could run for 1000 with Wisco's O-line. He's just another Brian Calhoun.

You're retarded if you think Gordon is just another badger back

tsbalr120
10-25-2014, 07:38 PM
The talent gap from the top 3 to the rest of the nation is just insane. You could make an argument for either of them. I like Gurley personally.

Darkhorse NFL back is Mike Davis tho if he comes out this year.

Cherrypoptart
10-25-2014, 07:42 PM
You're retarded if you think Gordon is just another badger back

Your retarded if you think he's not. Look at any back who has played there in the last however many years. Yeah, your right, montee ball is doing great in the pros.

EpicFailRobot
10-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Your retarded if you think he's not. Look at any back who has played there in the last however many years. Yeah, your right, montee ball is doing great in the pros.

Hard to argue with this idiot. Wisconsin produces system backs year after year. I see a lot of similarities between Gordon and Michael Bennett. trolololol.

woody19
10-25-2014, 07:50 PM

He's much more explosive than ball. Most people knew balls running style didn't translate. He's more like a bigger stronger Michael Bennett

Cherrypoptart
10-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Hard to argue with this idiot. Wisconsin produces system backs year after year. I see a lot of similarities between Gordon and Michael Bennett. trolololol.

Here's a guy who gets it.

How come no one mentions Melvin Gordon's duds against LSU, whose defense is horrible this year, or Western Illinois, who can't even muster up a winning record in FCS, but everyone holds Abdullah "poor" games against him, which was against one of the better defenses in the country in michigan state (nevermind the fact that they are keying in on stopping abdullah,and he has had 2 100+ yard games against them in the past) and Mcneese state, who could beat most big ten teams? No, nevermind the fact he has 4 200+ yard rushing games, just can't give him any credit, right?

woody19
10-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Here's a guy who gets it.

How come no one mentions Melvin Gordon's duds against LSU, whose defense is horrible this year, or Western Illinois, who can't even muster up a winning record in FCS, but everyone holds Abdullah "poor" games against him, which was against one of the better defenses in the country in michigan state (nevermind the fact that they are keying in on stopping abdullah,and he has had 2 100+ yard games against them in the past) and Mcneese state, who could beat most big ten teams? No, nevermind the fact he has 4 200+ yard rushing games, just can't give him any credit, right?

Yup 140 yards pretty much all in the first half (injured) vs lsu, like I said earlier you're retarded, pease remove yourself from the gene pool

sknot1454
10-25-2014, 08:13 PM
I'll take Chubb, Davis, or Yeldon.

Big 10 teams play high school ball. Groce.

MyronGainzzyz
10-25-2014, 08:20 PM
*Husker Fan*

Abdullah is probably the best back we have has since Roy Helu, he is better in my opinion. Im pretty sure most of his yards have been gained after contact. If you tackle him before he runs by you of course...

Michigan State has a very good defense no doubt but you cant fault Abdullah in that game, he did what he could. They swarmed him all game to force Tommy Armstrong to throw which he did not do effectively. And our leading receivers were injured in the game..............I wont even talk about how we were one catch away from winning that game, because thats none of my business.

woody19
10-25-2014, 08:21 PM
I'll take Chubb, Davis, or Yeldon.

Big 10 teams play high school ball. Groce.

Gamecocks lololololololol sec bandwagon phaggot, jtaylor would be disappointed and that's saying something

EpicFailRobot
10-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Gamecocks lololololololol sec bandwagon phaggot, jtaylor would be disappointed and that's saying something

USC-Cowboys

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-OK-okay-right-George-Costanza-Seinfeld-GIF.gif

justin8684
10-26-2014, 12:15 AM
Gordon had a dud against LSU? Dude pretty much ripped off 140 yards in the first half against them...offense went completely in the ****ter in the second half without him and Wisconsin blew a huge lead.

As a matter of fact, in the last season and a half against name programs from outside of the Big 10, Gordon is averaging just under 9 yards per carry against those teams...Abdullah is barely averaging over 5 against such teams in the same time period. And, for what it's worth, Gordon's numbers came against Arizona State, BYU, South Carolina, and LSU and Abdullah's came against UCLA twice, Georgia, Miami.

I would say overrated is more applicable to Player A, who received First Team All-Conference honors over Player B while needing almost 100 more carries to surpass Player B's rushing total by a measly 85 yards.

iMakeItRain100s
10-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Knew this dude was gonna be special the moment I saw him take it to the house against Fresno State in clutch time. Dunno why OP made a thread that can't really be discussed unless he meant to put "history" at the end of the thread title.

sknot1454
10-26-2014, 09:49 AM

Bandwagon? Gamecocks used to a laughingstock in the SEC. They lost 21 straight games in the late 90s.

Moving on.

Nebraska's schedule:

Florida Atlantic
McNeese State
Fresno State
Miami (FL)
Illinois
Michigan State
Northwestern
Rutgers

That's absolutely plathetic.

Abdullah ran for 45 yards against MSU with a staggering 1.9 YPC

Also...

Cowboys-USC

lol

negged

PunyFella
10-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Gurley will have a worse NFL career than Melvin Gordon and Melvin will be picked ahead of Gurley for a reason.And that reason is? I only question because Wisconsin churns out running back after running back, and they never pan out to anything special in the NFL. No hate, I like Gordon, and I know he's a special talent, but his numbers are a product of Wisconsin's play-calling, like every other back from there.

phillyfreak7
11-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Love Gurley, but I like Melvin Gordon even more. Melvin Gordon will enter the NFL and become an immediate starter who runs for 1600 yards. His vision, acceleration and his quickness are incredible.My opinion is validated. And OPs question has been answered: it's Gordon.

Thai_Clinch
11-15-2014, 04:40 PM
just remember where melvin gordon goes to college. his offense scheme and offensive line makes him better than he appears.

great college runner, doubt it turns out the same in the nfl unless they find the right system for him.

even montee ball cant get going in denver, where the offensive running scheme has been the same since the TD days.

Dysfunqtional
11-15-2014, 04:56 PM
just remember where melvin gordon goes to college. his offense scheme and offensive line makes him better than he appears.

great college runner, doubt it turns out the same in the nfl unless they find the right system for him.

even montee ball cant get going in denver, where the offensive running scheme has been the same since the TD days.

you wot mate?

Have you seend Wisconsin's QB and Wide Receivers? fukin garbage. They load the box vs Gordon EVERY game and he still runs over everyone.

and how can you compare Montee Ball to Melvin Gordon?

MidniteMarauder
11-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Abudullah isn't even the second best RB in the Big 10. Tevin Coleman ran for 300 today even though Rutgers stacked the box because IU has no quarterback.

TMaC828
11-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Watch out for Justin Jackson in 2-3 years.

Dysfunqtional
11-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Abudullah isn't even the second best RB in the Big 10. Tevin Coleman ran for 300 today even though Rutgers stacked the box because IU has no quarterback.

lol yeah it only took him 32 carries... Coleman is very good but he is not in Melvin Gordon's tier.

woody19
11-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Was thinking about bumping this earlier, all of the phaggots that said Gordon was just a system back should go play in the free way

MidniteMarauder
11-15-2014, 05:56 PM
lol yeah it only took him 32 carries... Coleman is very good but he is not in Melvin Gordon's tier.

I know, that's why I said Abudullah. Gordon is the best prospect since AD

Cherrypoptart
11-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Was thinking about bumping this earlier, all of the phaggots that said Gordon was just a system back should go play in the free way

1. Nebraska sucks. 2. Wisconsin's Oline's smallest guy is like 315. Did you see the gaping holes he has to run through? Doesn't even have to cut half the time. System. Back. He wouldn't get nearly as gaudy numbers on any other team.

BigDawg69
11-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Montee Ballsack score 39 tds and ran for almost 2000 yards in this system, let that sink in before touting Gordon

TrollDattHoe
11-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Montee Ballsack score 39 tds and ran for almost 2000 yards in this system, let that sink in before touting Gordon

QFT. Pissconsin fans don't get it. Will bump when hes a disappointment in the NFL

-=Zeus=-!
11-16-2014, 07:30 PM

The Badgers QB was also Russell Wilson and they didn't stack the box like they do versus Gordon.

Gordon is a completely different animal and will be a great fit in any NFL team.

PervedOut
11-17-2014, 07:06 AM
have to agree. whens the last time Wisconson had a RB that WASNT a heisman candidate?

sknot1454
11-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Big 10 RBs to make a pro-bowl in the last 10 years: 2

SEC: 11

TrollDattHoe
11-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Sure loved watching James White shredding the Colts defense last night. Another example of a Wisconsin RB lighting it up in the pros.

Oh wait...

MidniteMarauder
11-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Sure loved watching James White shredding the Colts defense last night. Another example of a Wisconsin RB lighting it up in the pros.

Oh wait...

Yeah Pats fans were so high on Gray last night, but that was 90% Pats oline, Te's, and Fb's straight whipping the Colts poverty defense.

Cherrypoptart
11-17-2014, 08:03 PM
The Badgers QB was also Russell Wilson and they didn't stack the box like they do versus Gordon.

Gordon is a completely different animal and will be a great fit in any NFL team.

Ok, well lets start listing off other "great" badgers backs, shall we? How about Ron Dayne? Michael Bennett? Anthony Davis? PJ Hill? John Clay? No, Gordon is just an above average Wisconsin running back.

Take a look at this article, see how your precious Badger backs have done in the NFL lately.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-football/2013/7/18/4527814/terrell-fletcher-wisconsin-best-running-backs-nfl

TrollDattHoe
11-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Ok, well lets start listing off other "great" badgers backs, shall we? How about Ron Dayne? Michael Bennett? Anthony Davis? PJ Hill? John Clay? No, Gordon is just an above average Wisconsin running back.

Take a look at this article, see how your precious Badger backs have done in the NFL lately.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-football/2013/7/18/4527814/terrell-fletcher-wisconsin-best-running-backs-nfl
Pretty damning evidence. Idk how anyone can argue that.

Unless you're a blind Badger homer..