PDA

View Full Version : Can I make varsity? First year football and I am a Junior (srs)

Swiziin
10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I am a high school junior and want to try out for varsity football next year. I am 5'8 and 162 pounds trying to get leaner and get muscle. If I work this whole year can I make varsity next year? I am pretty motivated right now. Can I make it to varsity, it will be my first year playing football? What position would suit my frame?

laxster
10-24-2014, 08:01 PM
yeah probably

Dan916
10-24-2014, 08:02 PM
you'd have to be pretty **** to get cut from a high school sport. Go for it.

Marronis
10-24-2014, 08:02 PM
don't juniors and seniors automatically get put on varsity?

Cr4zy in da Club
10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
size isn't important in high school football. Being fast is a plus. also its high school so you can play any sport you want

Swiziin
10-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Yeah I know JV football is easy as ****. But is varsity any different? I also want to be able to participate not be benched all the time. What position would fit me?

pep_meister
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
lol at everyone saying its highschool of course ect.. yes you can make varsity by default as a senior. doesn't mean you'll play a down of football ever. If your school is good at football then you probably have no chance. if your school sucks you can probably get some playing time.

5'8 and 162... only positions you are suited for is RB which they probably already have unless u are extremely quick/fast. or CB maybe safety if you have natural coverage ability. maybe WR if you can catch really well under pressure and are fast. Catching with full pads on having someone wanting to destroy is different than tossing the pig skin outside.

thelast10
10-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah I know JV football is easy as ****. But is varsity any different? I also want to be able to participate not be benched all the time. What position would fit me?

at 5 8''..... Maybe RB...??? Are you fast?? Well first and foremost is your school a big school with a ton of people trying out, or a smallish town where everyone gets a chance type thing.... I would learn to try and be a RB (not that easy, you need size), or practice catching the football and maybeeee be a WR... Other than that, I'd recommend baseball or some sport that isn't basketball or football where height and/or weight aren't as important.....

smashedpotato
10-24-2014, 08:20 PM
I am a high school junior and want to try out for varsity football next year. I am 5'8 and 162 pounds trying to get leaner and get muscle. If I work this whole year can I make varsity next year? I am pretty motivated right now. Can I make it to varsity, it will be my first year playing football? What position would suit my frame?

Yes, I was about your size as a junior in hs. I tried out for the Varsity team as a fullback and I made it. I broke my wrist in our first game of the season, but played again next year as a 2nd string back. I had a lot of fun. You can do it mane...

TheMarshall
10-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Even at the school with 2,000+ kids in my area everyone makes the team. They dress like 80 players, but they don't all play obviously. You're nearly guaranteed to make the team if you're at all athletic, but playing time is going to depend on a lot of things.

thelast10
10-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Even at the school with 2,000+ kids in my area everyone makes the team. They dress like 80 players, but they don't all play obviously. You're nearly guaranteed to make the team if you're at all athletic, but playing time is going to depend on a lot of things.

I wish my HS had football.... My school was 6th-12th grade (middle school and HS combined) it had like 300 and change people.... no BS I had like 52-54 ppl in my graduating class (public school no less), I just missed the demographic cut off for going to the big school 2000+ HS by literally 1/10th of a mile or less....

TFW there is like 1 1/2 girls you would fuark in your entire graduating class :( :( :(

**I fcked more girls from this private I guess catholic school he went to for a year, then I did from my entire school combined.... Having to deal with out of town free agency before you have your full license= pain in the @ss....