PDA

View Full Version : VT HC Frank Beamer calls UofMiami RB Duke Johnson the best RB he's ever seen

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Andy Bitter @AndyBitterVT
Beamer asked about Duke Johnson being best RB he's seen this year: "Not only all season. Forever."

Highlights of Duke Johnson destroying the hookies tonight for over 300 total yards.

-PLgsOOj-NE

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 12:43 AM
lol @ Duke sitff arming that CB and dude flew 5 yards just lol

DeshaunWatson
10-24-2014, 12:45 AM
watched the game tonight.. DJ WENT OFF. I was pissed when they played him at the end and he kind of got hurt. He didn't need to be out there.

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 12:48 AM
watched the game tonight.. DJ WENT OFF. I was pissed when they played him at the end and he kind of got hurt. He didn't need to be out there.

DJ is the total package as a RB...and just because of this small statutre he's NOT A SCAT BACK. Duke J will killed it in the NFL and matter of fact FSU better watch out because the MIAMI offense can put up #'s...if the defense gets stops MIami can upset FSU.

Duke has probally the best stiff arm I've seen from a small guy. I'm going to make a Duke Johnson stiff arm complitation at the end of the year (I have all the games downloaded). I've seen dude put LB's and defensivelinemen straight on their back.

Props 4 recognizing a real talent and not hating.

injuredlife
10-24-2014, 12:49 AM
No stud ACC running backs stick out over the past 15 years, so yeah I guess. I believe Vtech played against Reggie Bush though.

EDIT: They were in the Big East 6 something years ago so Willis Magahee or Frank Gore?

theoldnite
10-24-2014, 12:50 AM
fuking lol @ the stiff arm and his reaction afterwards

Swept
10-24-2014, 12:51 AM
For a small back Duke runs with a ton of power, he probably has the best stiff arm in the country

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 12:53 AM
For a small back Duke runs with a ton of power, he probably has the best stiff arm in the country

his stiff arm is deadly bro, he's been doing that his whole career.

knicksbrah
10-24-2014, 12:54 AM
And he'll be nothing but a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Not hating, it's truth. All about the O-Line (see DeMarco Murray)

Swept
10-24-2014, 12:54 AM
No stud ACC running backs stick out over the past 15 years, so yeah I guess. I believe Vtech played against Reggie Bush though.

EDIT: They were in the Big East 6 something years ago so Willis Magahee or Frank Gore?

Miami running backs on the other hand.....

Warrick Dunn and Thomas Jones were pretty good

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 12:56 AM
And he'll be nothing but a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Not hating, it's truth. All about the O-Line (see DeMarco Murray)

lol @ him being a dime a dozen in the nFL

isn't Lamar Miller fromer Miami RB doing great this year in the NFL? Duke is 2x the RB he is....Lamar just has elite speed and is a great athelte...in terms of rb skills Duke is on a diff level.

injuredlife
10-24-2014, 01:00 AM
Just saw highlights. Gigantic holes for the RB

What happened to Vtech? Beamer might be at the end of his rope. I remember Hokie fans having standards and wanting Frank to be replaced by somewhat un-likely candidates. Now they seem to not even care.

DeshaunWatson
10-24-2014, 01:00 AM
I've already said it here. IF miamis front 7 can get to jameis and make him run like a phaggot. Miami will upset FSU.

FSU can not stop the run, let alone DJ.

knicksbrah
10-24-2014, 01:03 AM

isn't Lamar Miller fromer Miami RB doing great this year in the NFL? Duke is 2x the RB he is....Lamar just has elite speed and is a great athelte...in terms of rb skills Duke is on a diff level.I've watched Duke. Nothing about him stands out. The whole video is wide open holes and a few nice cuts from boosted confidence at how poverty VT is.

Duke was a ghost vs. Louisville

FOH dude. A special back and the only special back in college right now is Todd Gurley. An absolute game changer. inb4 but georgia's 2-0 without him (RBs are dime a dozen. this is why they dont go 1st round that much anymore

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 01:04 AM
I've watched Duke. Nothing about him stands out. The whole video is wide open holes and a few nice cuts from boosted confidence at how poverty VT is.

lol @ nothing stands out. open field moves? check? stiff arm check? makign himself small through the hole? check. running angles? check. you literaly have zero clue about football, which is why nothing to you stands out.

and lol @ a ghost vs louisville....a freshman QB and the cats were loading up the box..our HC even admits the gameplan was wrong. o yea and he had almost 100 yards rushing.

knicksbrah
10-24-2014, 01:07 AM
and lol @ a ghost vs louisville....a freshman QB and the cats were loading up the box..our HC even admits the gameplan was wrong. o yea and he had almost 100 yards rushing.

Proved my point it's all about the line and the QB opening up the field.

See Ronnie Hillman tonight? 6 YPC because peyton manning is his QB

_NEMESIS_
10-24-2014, 01:14 AM
lol the typical Miami trolls come out of hiding after a win against a chit team.

OregonBBinc
10-24-2014, 01:15 AM

isn't Lamar Miller fromer Miami RB doing great this year in the NFL? Duke is 2x the RB he is....Lamar just has elite speed and is a great athelte...in terms of rb skills Duke is on a diff level.

thats the difference between pros and college though man, elite speed and or physical ability is what it takes to use all that skill in the pros. dont get me wrong, looks like a good back, and im not proclaiming to be a talent evaluator but for a thread pumping up his stiff arm i was getting excited to watch highlights...

thought not sure if srs. like 1 broken tackle with his stiff arm. just uses it to knock people down with his momentum as hes getting tackled from what i saw. hardly broke any tackles at all, brushed off some with some cuts though if you want to call those broken tackles.

disclaimer: im not hating and im basing this purely off the video posted, take with grain of salt.

4thelvofthegme
10-24-2014, 01:17 AM
I've watched Duke. Nothing about him stands out. The whole video is wide open holes and a few nice cuts from boosted confidence at how poverty VT is.

FOH dude. A special back and the only special back in college right now is Todd Gurley. An absolute game changer. inb4 but georgia's 2-0 without him (RBs are dime a dozen. this is why they dont go 1st round that much anymore Please stop with that girly is the only one. There are better running backs all over the place and UGA is playing better without him.

DukeJtheGod
10-24-2014, 01:20 AM
thats the difference between pros and college though man, elite speed and or physical ability is what it takes to use all that skill in the pros. dont get me wrong, looks like a good back, and im not proclaiming to be a talent evaluator but for a thread pumping up his stiff arm i was getting excited to watch highlights...

thought not sure if srs. like 1 broken tackle with his stiff arm. just uses it to knock people down with his momentum as hes getting tackled from what i saw. hardly broke any tackles at all, brushed off some with some cuts though if you want to call those broken tackles.

disclaimer: im not hating and im basing this purely off the video posted, take with grain of salt.

this is from last year....

BwI9mlSAvxM

PunyFella
10-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Lol, yes, you're making great points by posting his highlights against vaunted defenses such as Wake Forest lol.