PDA

View Full Version : Bulls vs Lakers 1991 game 1 finals is a must watch

anxietybrah
10-23-2014, 12:51 PM
RXX6XAsFXXA

Stick through the first 10 minutes to get used to the poor video quality and different style.

This game is one of the best games I ever watched to showcase how great both Magic and Jordan was.

1st quarter is enough to understand why Jordan is GOAT. Amazing passes playing as de-facto point guard, 3 dunks within a couple of minutes, tough defense.

Also, for those claiming Jordan had a stacked team should watch this. Lakers is clearly the much superior team here. James Worthy is an absolute beast in this game despite playing on a sprained ankle. Had he stayed healthy this series would have gone 7 games I am sure off. Worthy is significantly better than Pippen at this point despite being on his last legs. A total offensive machine, scoring at ease, easily the 3rd best player in the finals. You also get to see Pippen here begin to play his trademark defense. In this game, Jordan guards Magic and struggles, not with containing him, but spends too much energy and needs to rest in the 3rd before coming back and almost winning the game himself - actually missing the game winner. Jordan has Pippen. Horace Grant is completely average and overshadowed by Sam Perkins. Lakers is better at every position other than SG. Worthy > Pippen at this point.

Magic is 32 years old here and finished 2nd in MVP voting. I think I have underestimated Magic because he always looked a bit limited in his play style on clips. Playing back to basket at the perimeter a lot, but in this game you can really see just how great a player he is.

Magic is the true floor general. Forget the Chris Paul dribbling ball dominating game, Magic shows what a pass first point guard really is. Magic at all times make sure the guy who can score has the ball and if you slack off just a bit he makes incredible passes. Later in the game, he gets crucial points with hooks and drives.

Truth be told, having watched this game, I would say the gap between Jordan and Magic/Bird on the GOAT list is probably not as large as I thought it would be.

sdballer5588
10-23-2014, 01:04 PM
That last sentence is so telling of how little of the players you claim are "GOAT" you have actually watched.

One 9 minute video of late Magic vs early Jordan and suddenly your opinion is swayed.

You're a moron.

PS - that Bulls team was much better than that Laker team, you clown. Stop exposing yourself.

RAdaRuggedMan
10-23-2014, 01:11 PM
This is the same with basically every sport.

The players who are in the league today are more athletic, more skilled, and more intelligent than players 10, 20, 30 years ago. That means the best PG today is the best PG of all time (CP3). The best player today is the best player of all time (LeGOAT). The best shooter today is the best shooter of all time (GOATniels). When you watch the NBA today, you're watching the best humanity has had to offer. Ever.

Dutch24
10-23-2014, 03:55 PM
This is the same with basically every sport.

The players who are in the league today are more athletic, more skilled, and more intelligent than players 10, 20, 30 years ago. That means the best PG today is the best PG of all time (CP3). The best player today is the best player of all time (LeGOAT). The best shooter today is the best shooter of all time (GOATniels). When you watch the NBA today, you're watching the best humanity has had to offer. Ever.

Are you some kind of retarded kunt?

For starters they played D back then and had no ****ign hand check rule...i cant even be bothered... Wow you are dumb.

YWOC
10-23-2014, 03:58 PM

For starters they played D back then and had no ****ign hand check rule...i cant even be bothered... Wow you are dumb.

Just look at his sig. He's a chit tier quality troll

RAdaRuggedMan
10-23-2014, 07:53 PM

The same type of defense that allowed more points to be scored than ever before.
The same type of defense that resulted in the highest foul and free throw totals in league history.